2013-2014 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if there is a meeting today?

Members don't see this ad.

I just called the admissions office and Mrs. Bonnie said they definitely did not meet today and may have a meeting next thursday. She said they have meetings every other thursday or so but they will cancel now and then. So basically its not very predictable which weeks they will have meetings and which weeks they wont. And since I interviewed in early december she said to just be patient because it may be a while. Which is hard since I know they don't exactly accept people in chronological order of interview dates but what can ya do LOL.

I just called the admissions office and Mrs. Bonnie said they definitely did not meet today and may have a meeting next thursday. She said they have meetings every other thursday or so but they will cancel now and then. So basically its not very predictable which weeks they will have meetings and which weeks they wont. And since I interviewed in early december she said to just be patient because it may be a while. Which is hard since I know they don't exactly accept people in chronological order of interview dates but what can ya do LOL.

Imagine waiting since September :cryi::cryi::(:help::bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
She said a student called this morning also asking about adcom meeting dates and he has been waiting since September too. So you're not the only one! Also did you receive a "continuing to be evaluated" email from mcg before the holidays? Because I didn't and someone posted about it earlier. I forgot to ask Bonnie if that means anything.

She said a student called this morning also asking about adcom meeting dates and he has been waiting since September too. So you're not the only one! Also did you receive a "continuing to be evaluated" email from mcg before the holidays? Because I didn't and someone posted about it earlier. I forgot to ask Bonnie if that means anything.

No I never received that email. Its worrying me! I hope they haven't decided to reject me but just haven't told me yet!

you should try calling the admissions office and asking Bonnie whether that means anything and if everyone was supposed to receive the email. She is really nice! If you speak to her please post on here what she says! I forgot to ask her that question this morning :/

lol sorry guys didn't mean to spook anyone w/ the email

I think the school gave final decisions around March last year so just 2 months to go, really.

I think the school gave final decisions around March last year so just 2 months to go, really.

We appreciate the information AdrianVeidt. The information about what is going in is the best part/worst part of SDN.

Reactions: 1 user

yeah any updates are appreciated!

Thanks for calling, I interviewed early December too, also have not received a continuing to evaluate email. I'm trying to not check SDN as much to get my mind off of the waiting.

Been waiting since interview in mid Sept.. starting to lose hope....arghhh really like this school and Georgia. /tearssss

Members don't see this ad :)
Been waiting since interview in mid Sept.. starting to lose hope....arghhh really like this school and Georgia. /tearssss
keep a positive attitude bro, never know what will happen

Has anyone gotten an II lately?
II this morning! OOS, complete mid-October. I've never even been to Georgia but I'm super excited. A lot of dates were open in the second-half of January.

II this morning! OOS, complete mid-October. I've never even been to Georgia but I'm super excited. A lot of dates were open in the second-half of January.

Congrats!! So I guess we can take it that they are going to meet this Thursday?

I was waitlisted last year at MCG and then was an ED applicant. Still no word.

I applied late (November) and haven't heard back about interviews yet. Anyone know if the class is already full or if interviews are still being offered? I'm a GA resident.

I applied late (November) and haven't heard back about interviews yet. Anyone know if the class is already full or if interviews are still being offered? I'm a GA resident.

I was offered an II on Friday as an OOS applicant, and when I checked they had lots of days available to schedule. I assume that means they are still offering interviews.

I was offered an II on Friday as an OOS applicant, and when I checked they had lots of days available to schedule. I assume that means they are still offering interviews.

When were you complete?

So maybe this week they will meet.

Starting to feel like Bary from The Bee Movie.... "Maybe this time, maybe this time, maybe this time..." Haha

Anyone know if they are still giving out interview invites?

Do you mind sharing when you were complete?
October 25(?) That's the date AMCAS verified me, and I already did their secondary around early September when I submitted my AMCAS app.

Hey guys so I spoke to Ms. Bonnie in admissions just now and she said there is an admissions committee meeting today so hopefully some of us will hear back tomorrow! If anyone hears from the school soon don't hesitate to share with us waiters lol! Best of luck to those with interviews soon too. Just relax and speak with confidence :)

I'm interviewing here tomorrow! I'm OOS! Any tips?
Know your application front and back. It is an open file so the interviewer might have notes written down about you. Know something about the physicians shortages in healthcare and why you want to go to MCG. It is a very relaxed and conversational interview.

Hey guys,

Has anyone that has already been accepted gotten any extra information in regards to what we need to be doing? I contacted Dr. Duncan to figure out what I might need to be doing and she said as long as I have sent in my deposite then I can sit back and wait for an email from financial aid. Was just seeing if anyone else received any information from the school yet.

Random question: If I interviewed in November and still haven't heard anything from the school is it safe to assume I'm not going to hear anything until they make their mass acceptance round in March? Hopefully I'm not the only one wondering this.

Does everyone interview at the Augusta campus? Can somebody explain how campus assignments work?

Hey guys,

Has anyone that has already been accepted gotten any extra information in regards to what we need to be doing? I contacted Dr. Duncan to figure out what I might need to be doing and she said as long as I have sent in my deposite then I can sit back and wait for an email from financial aid. Was just seeing if anyone else received any information from the school yet.

You should be relaxing as much as possible and not worrying about the small stuff.

Random question: If I interviewed in November and still haven't heard anything from the school is it safe to assume I'm not going to hear anything until they make their mass acceptance round in March? Hopefully I'm not the only one wondering this.

Not necessarily, but it would serve you well to try and not think about it and just assume you aren't going to hear back until March. That same advice goes for everyone else still waiting to hear back this time of year. I know it's easier said than done...

Does everyone interview at the Augusta campus? Can somebody explain how campus assignments work?

Yes, everyone interviews at the Augusta campus--there might be very few exceptions, but they aren't typical. If you are seriously considering the school and want to know more about the Athens campus, you can set up a date to tour their facilities or you can just contact them with specific questions you have. You get that information when you interview. After your interview, you get an email/link where you put your campus preference. While spots are limited, my understanding is that everyone usually gets their preference as some people choose "no preference."

You should be relaxing as much as possible and not worrying about the small stuff.

Not necessarily, but it would serve you well to try and not think about it and just assume you aren't going to hear back until March. That same advice goes for everyone else still waiting to hear back this time of year. I know it's easier said than done...

Yes, everyone interviews at the Augusta campus--there might be very few exceptions, but they aren't typical. If you are seriously considering the school and want to know more about the Athens campus, you can set up a date to tour their facilities or you can just contact them with specific questions you have. You get that information when you interview. After your interview, you get an email/link where you put your campus preference. While spots are limited, my understanding is that everyone usually gets their preference as some people choose "no preference."
Thanks so much. I guess I'm just a little anxious to get things rolling.

Waiting since September....

My friend got accepted today he interviewed on Dec 16th

That's when I interviewed!! Did he get an email? About to check my email again for the 100th time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Oh and congrats for your friend!!

Used to obsessively check my email then eventually came to the conclusion I probably won't hear back until end of March.

Congrats to your friend!

Used to obsessively check my email then eventually came to the conclusion I probably won't hear back until end of March.

Congrats to your friend!

Yeah now since I'm back in the groove with school and I'm an officer. I'm always getting emails anyway so it's just becomes well I'm already checking for this I might as well check my other email.

Just a reminder, folks...early May results in fruit basket turnover of those accepted everywhere who then begin to shuffle around. The wait surely does seem interminable, but it will sort out. Our daughter (now an MS2) was accepted at MCG in October and we were exploring housing options in Augusta in March, but by early May she was accepted at BCM off of their WL with a merit scholarship, so she quickly confirmed there instead (much cheaper net). MCG has noted in the past that a relatively large number of its matriculants actually finally get accepted this way-- and they will later still address you as Dr. _____. MCG has a HUGE class (230) and all but a handful (typically M.D./Ph.D candidates) MUST be Georgia residents. Keep the faith! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just FYI guys, they said they they met this week yesterday so the next adcom meeting won't be til Feb. Also, the next campus assignment meeting is in Feb and then there is one in April.