2013-2014 Medical College of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
applied to my only state school in mid Aug with above average stats and still haven't got an II yet...
It seems that everything is pushed back this year. I'm sure your II will come eventually. Patience is very hard to preach and even harder to practice in this situation but it really is the only thing we can do.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who interviewed and also ones who got accepted. I have been a lurker for quite a while and decided to create an account. I have an interview coming up on the 2ed any last minute suggestions?

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone who interviewed and also ones who got accepted. I have been a lurker for quite a while and decided to create an account. I have an interview coming up on the 2ed any last minute suggestions?

The interviews are pretty relaxed and in fact, I felt like my interviewer spent more time talking than I did (so much so that sometimes he asked questions and immediately answered his own question, and I just gave my input afterwards). Of course, your interviewer might not be like that, but I think the general consensus from everyone is that it's pretty laid back and conversational.

If anything, just know why you would pick Medical College of Georgia to go to medical school and figure out why it would be a good fit for you, especially if you are out of state like I am. Also, if they give you an opportunity to ask questions about the school/campus, try to think of questions that you actually want to ask, not cookie cutter questions about the curriculum or anything else you could answer by looking online.

Other than that, relax, take your time answering questions, and just enjoy the campus!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The interviews are pretty relaxed and in fact, I felt like my interviewer spent more time talking than I did (so much so that sometimes he asked questions and immediately answered his own question, and I just gave my input afterwards). Of course, your interviewer might not be like that, but I think the general consensus from everyone is that it's pretty laid back and conversational.

If anything, just know why you would pick Medical College of Georgia to go to medical school and figure out why it would be a good fit for you, especially if you are out of state like I am. Also, if they give you an opportunity to ask questions about the school/campus, try to think of questions that you actually want to ask, not cookie cutter questions about the curriculum or anything else you could answer by looking online.

Other than that, relax, take your time answering questions, and just enjoy the campus!

Thanks for the info! I was reviewing the SDN interview feedback and no one has done one for this cycle. Most of the pervious cycles said the interview was closed file. Was this the case with your interview?

Thanks for the info! I was reviewing the SDN interview feedback and no one has done one for this cycle. Most of the pervious cycles said the interview was closed file. Was this the case with your interview?
It's open file.

anyone know if there is a facebook group yet for those accepted and planning on attending mcg next fall?

Is it me or does it seem like MCG has not accepted too many people yet? Anyone else interview while back but still haven't heard anything?

I think there have been a few acceptances, just not as many people are posting on here. I interviewed 11/11 and was accepted last friday

be patient everyone and don't give up hope!! I got deferred from early decision to regular and thought there was no hope for me but everything ended up working out so you just gotta stay positive!

When did everyone submit and then receive an ii? I'm trying to figure out where the admissions committee has gotten up to based on dates of completion? I was complete mid October.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did everyone submit and then receive an ii? I'm trying to figure out where the admissions committee has gotten up to based on dates of completion? I was complete mid October.

Submitted 7/16
Amcas verified 9/4
ii 11/11

I got all my stuff in on 10/18,haven't heard back, but my friend who had all of her stuff in on 10/15, and got ii on 11/11. So, I'm clueless and a bit concerned haha

submitted 6/10
secondary received 7/2
ii 9/20
interview 11/11
acceptance 11/22

To all those who haven't received word back, let it be known. You are not alone :) Happy Holidays.

Did anybody hear about acceptances from 12/6? I think that was supposed to be an acceptance day, but I sure haven't seen anyone saying they heard good news.

Accepted this morning! Praise God. My interview date was Oct. 4.

Accepted this morning! Praise God. My interview date was Oct. 4.
Congrats! I am so jealous of you!
I was interviewed on 9/18 and still not hearing anything yet.
Stats: 3.86, 33 (13ps/8vr/12bs)
Getting really anxious now, since MCG is the only school that I have an interview with.

Yay!! That was a short waiting game for you! congratulations! mind sharing some stats? :)
Thank you so much....not the best stats 25 MCAT with a 3.7 GPA I have tons of extra curricular things I've done as well

yea this was my first one and I feel like I blew it now.. :(
No need to feel that way, you still have plenty of time to be accepted. Also at the interview they stated the vast majority of acceptance letters go out around February so stay positive and positive results will come

Anyone know how many people have been accepted so far and when the next meeting will be?

Anyone know how many people have been accepted so far and when the next meeting will be?
they met last Thursday and I heard they meet twice a month. So I doubt they will meet soon maybe after the holidays, but don't take my word for it.

UPDATE: YAY!!!! I got ACCEPTED!!!!! this morning so the must have met yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Accepted this morning!!!!! Interviewed 11/13

Reactions: 1 users
Got the 'continue to be evaluated' email this afternoon, congrats to everyone accepted!!!

Do you mind sharing what that email said?

Got the 'continue to be evaluated' email this afternoon, congrats to everyone accepted!!!

Odd, I didnt get an email like that. I interviewed in September but have not received a decision yet. Did anyone else NOT get this email?

I interviewed in early December and I haven't gotten any such email from MCG either!

I didn't get an email either interviewed nov
Odd, I didnt get an email like that. I interviewed in September but have not received a decision yet. Did anyone else NOT get this email?
I didn't get an email either interviewed in nov

Were there any interview invites given out from the last ad com meeting?

Do you mind sharing what that email said?
Basically said 'final decision has not been made, we will continue to assess your file and notify you when a decision is made'

I got all my stuff in on 10/18,haven't heard back, but my friend who had all of her stuff in on 10/15, and got ii on 11/11. So, I'm clueless and a bit concerned haha
Submitted 6/22
Verified 7/29
II 8/9
Interviewed 9/23
Additional LOR submitted 10/1
Accepted 12/13

My interviewer strongly implied that I would be accepted at the end of my interview, though he did request I submit a physician LOR.

hmm its very strange that some of us got the "final decision has not been made" email before the holidays and some of us didn't. Oh well I guess we just have to stay positive! I only interviewed like 3 weeks ago so I should try and be more patient since so many people seem to have waited over 2 months to get accepted!

Has anyone sent a letter of interest/update? If so, did you just upload it to the secondary application page?