2009-2010 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been pretty quiet...any new invites or acceptances?
Anyone interviewing 12/11...I'll b there...so nervous, but still cant wait!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interviewing a week before on the 4th. Anyone know how the admissions process works? I think someone in the past mentioned it, but admissions is semi-rolling, correct?

This thread has been pretty quiet...any new invites or acceptances?
Anyone interviewing 12/11...I'll b there...so nervous, but still cant wait!!!

I interviewed in October. We were told that if we didn't have our decision letter by Dec 10, to call. So I'm still waiting...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in October. We were told that if we didn't have our decision letter by Dec 10, to call. So I'm still waiting...:)

Wow...sucks that u had to wait that long. I guess that means with a dec. interview, I won't kno until feb or march!
:eek:

Wow...sucks that u had to wait that long. I guess that means with a dec. interview, I won't kno until feb or march!
:eek:
Most likely so. They are semi-rolling, and from what I've heard, send out two batches of acceptances. First batch will be mailed tomorrow/Wednesday, and second batch will most likely be pretty late in the interview season.

Does anyone here know if they email decisions as well as snail-mail them? If they're sending the first batch before Thanksgiving, should I be compulsively checking my email, or just stalking the mailman?

Does anyone here know if they email decisions as well as snail-mail them? If they're sending the first batch before Thanksgiving, should I be compulsively checking my email, or just stalking the mailman?

Start stalking the mailman. They mail the decisions

Has anybody received the decision letter yet?

Nah, but I think they are supposed to be here late this week or early next week at the earliest since Dr. Roaf said they would be mailed around this week for the first batch of interviews

I wonder if we will hear something today. Waiting on snail mail is horrible. Can we call in to find out their decision?

This morning they said they're sending out letters this week.

I've tried searching their website for information about the curriculum, etc. but no luck. Anyone know where I could get this information, as I need it to prepare for the interview.

Thanks in advance!

They have a strict traditional curriculum. First 2 years in the classroom, last 2 years in the hospital. What makes them special is the small class size and the fact that they train at Grady and strive to serve the underserved. Another neat thing about the school is the do the majority/all of their testing on the computer. This prepares you well for the boards. I would love to attend this school.

Members don't see this ad :)
i wanted to be a morehouse man so badly. not going to happen though. oh well

does that mean you got something in the mail from them today!?

havent heard anything since secondary. probably a silent rejection. will immediately withdraw if they invite me at this point. good luck

I received an e-mail this morning stating that I am on "hold".

I'm assuming nobody really gets past this stage? :(

Has anyone called and found out what day this week they mailed the letters out???? The suspense is killing me!

So they send "Hold" emails? Has anyone else received a "hold" email...or a rejection rejection email?

anyone know about how many students interview on a given day?

anyone know about how many students interview on a given day?

there were 11 of us on my interview day last month...I'm not sure how much it deviates from month to month tho...But I think I read somewhere that 240-250 are interviewed in total...

Wow...it seems as though they sent out a good amount of "hold" e-mails.

Is everyone on hold for an interview or post-interview?

This is going to sound weird...but did anyone else think Dr. Roaf was kind of attractive? Leave it to me to check out the admissions officer...

This is going to sound weird...but did anyone else think Dr. Roaf was kind of attractive? Leave it to me to check out the admissions officer...
Haha, this post cracked me up :) But yes, I think he's a good-looking man too.

You can always tell a Morehouse Man you just can't tell him much! My mother says you can't tell him anything!
Dr. Benjamin E. Mays, President of Morehouse College from 1940-1967 said in his charge to the Graduating Class of 1961:
"There is an air of expectancy at Morehouse College. It is expected that the student who enters here will do well. It is also expected that once a man bears the insignia of a Morehouse graduate he will do exceptionally well. We expect nothing less..."
I quickly learned on August 29, 1976, my first day on campus, that Morehouse holds a crown above the heads of her students. She then challenges them to grow tall enough to wear it. Morehouse College was ranked number one in the Black Enterprise Day Star List as the best college for African Americans, Morehouse College is the largest liberal arts college for men. Founded in 1867, the college enrolls approximately 3000 students and confers bachelors' degrees on more black men than any other institution in the world. It is the nation's only historically black, private liberal arts college for men.
What is it about this small black college that prompted Oprah Winfrey to contribute millions of dollars? On March 2, 2001, legendary entertainer Ray Charles astonished guests during Morehouse College's annual "A Candle in the Dark" Gala by presenting a check for $1 million. It is the "Morehouse Mystique" that touches these generous people.
Every Morehouse Man posses this mystique. Morehouse men all over the world perplex the minds of those who meet them. People are simply bewildered by these men. They are revered the world over.
Most Spelman Women want a Morehouse Man for their husband. They also find him irresistible. Most of these men are in addition to being intelligent, extremely handsome. Years ago many parents sent their daughters to Spelman College for the sole purpose of finding a Morehouse man to marry. (A few were sent to Fisk University to find a Meharry doctor.) Ironically today many parents are sending their sons to Morehouse College in hopes that he will marry a Spelman Woman. There are people who still believe today that the Spelman Woman is to the Morehouse Man as Eve was to Adam. The Garden of Eden is the Spelman Campus and the Apple is for either of them (Morehouse Man or Spelman Woman) to date someone from "MO BROWN"!

You can always tell a Morehouse Man you just can't tell him much! My mother says you can't tell him anything!
Dr. Benjamin E. Mays, President of Morehouse College from 1940-1967 said in his charge to the Graduating Class of 1961:
"There is an air of expectancy at Morehouse College. It is expected that the student who enters here will do well. It is also expected that once a man bears the insignia of a Morehouse graduate he will do exceptionally well. We expect nothing less..."
I quickly learned on August 29, 1976, my first day on campus, that Morehouse holds a crown above the heads of her students. She then challenges them to grow tall enough to wear it. Morehouse College was ranked number one in the Black Enterprise Day Star List as the best college for African Americans, Morehouse College is the largest liberal arts college for men. Founded in 1867, the college enrolls approximately 3000 students and confers bachelors' degrees on more black men than any other institution in the world. It is the nation's only historically black, private liberal arts college for men.
What is it about this small black college that prompted Oprah Winfrey to contribute millions of dollars? On March 2, 2001, legendary entertainer Ray Charles astonished guests during Morehouse College's annual "A Candle in the Dark" Gala by presenting a check for $1 million. It is the "Morehouse Mystique" that touches these generous people.
Every Morehouse Man posses this mystique. Morehouse men all over the world perplex the minds of those who meet them. People are simply bewildered by these men. They are revered the world over.
Most Spelman Women want a Morehouse Man for their husband. They also find him irresistible. Most of these men are in addition to being intelligent, extremely handsome. Years ago many parents sent their daughters to Spelman College for the sole purpose of finding a Morehouse man to marry. (A few were sent to Fisk University to find a Meharry doctor.) Ironically today many parents are sending their sons to Morehouse College in hopes that he will marry a Spelman Woman. There are people who still believe today that the Spelman Woman is to the Morehouse Man as Eve was to Adam. The Garden of Eden is the Spelman Campus and the Apple is for either of them (Morehouse Man or Spelman Woman) to date someone from "MO BROWN"!

at first i was like what does this have to do with being on hold...then i saw who posted it...same guy who took us on a downward spiral in another forum..so i guess you get a pass..LOL :laugh: but yea i wouldn't mind being a morehouse woman looking for a morehouse man...just need this school to give me an interview...i got the same on hold email this morning as well...thought i was the only one..apparently not the guess...just curious are all these hold OOS or is anyone from GA??

this had me LOL...literally...unfortunately I haven't been to morehouse so I can't tell ya...so I went to the website to hopefully find a pic...no luck there

at first i was like what does this have to do with being on hold...then i saw who posted it...same guy who took us on a downward spiral in another forum..so i guess you get a pass..LOL :laugh: but yea i wouldn't mind being a morehouse woman looking for a morehouse man...just need this school to give me an interview...i got the same on hold email this morning as well...thought i was the only one..apparently not the guess...just curious are all these hold OOS or is anyone from GA??

I am in atl and on hold. As I stated before, I do not expect to get off hold.

Why dont you expect to get off hold?

Bc no one gets off hold lol...at least the chances are slim to none based upon previous yrs and from a friend of mine who is a 4th yr there.

Bc no one gets off hold lol...at least the chances are slim to none based upon previous yrs and from a friend of mine who is a 4th yr there.

wow...I really hope that's not the case this year.

I got the hold email today as well...

wow...I really hope that's not the case this year.

I got the hold email today as well...

Me too...don't mean to be so pessimistic =) Just bracing myself lol

Me too...don't mean to be so pessimistic =) Just bracing myself lol

lol...yea, I don't blame you. I was under the impression that they put your application on hold because they don't want to reject you and are going to re-evalute your app at a different time. At least we weren't rejected....we're still in it...

Keep the faith :)

when have you guys been complete for the ones who got the pre-interview hold today?

i read that essay a year ago. I have to say my imagination was firing on all cylinders after reading it. though i would never attend morehouse at this point, i think i might attend my interview if invited just to see the place. see you at howie pp

Another HOLD in the house. I hope that the chances of getting off HOLD are not overly slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.