2009-2010 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one yesterday as well, 10/9.
I am white, GA resident.
Yes, I sent in my picture. :)

maybe being a GA resident help? I'm OOS so that's probably going to hurt me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey guys, I post rarely but I have a question...for those of you who have gotten interviews, when u received your complete email did it say they will contact you via US mail? TIA

Does Morehouse screen before sending out secondaries? Because I got my secondary about 5 days ago, and I don't even have an mcat score as of yet.

If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete?

I would like to know this too. I am not sure how they can invite regular applicants for interviews before those that applied EDP. I have been complete for over a month now. If I don't hear something by the end of the week I am going to have to call. It def. doesn't help that they end their EDP interviews in about 3 more weeks.

Interview invite today. thank you lord.

FWIW i was complete August 5th

got a secondary! working on it now...i really want to go here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied EDP and gotten their first rejection letter from Morehouse? If not, when do you think they'll send them out?

Is calling allowed? I thought they don't like it when we call them?

I would like to know this too. I am not sure how they can invite regular applicants for interviews before those that applied EDP. I have been complete for over a month now. If I don't hear something by the end of the week I am going to have to call. It def. doesn't help that they end their EDP interviews in about 3 more weeks.

Is calling allowed? I thought they don't like it when we call them?

I called yesterday and they gave me the usual your app. is in the process of being screened. I asked them how long does it take to screen (b/c it has been more than a month) and they didn't really answer. From what I understand the last interviews for EDP are coming up in a cpl. of weeks. I guess they just plan on mailing out rejections at that point. Def. not a good sign =( b/c I consider myself to be very competitive. Oh well, I guess you never know.

Wow, this thread is dead. Any news for anyone lately? My EDP app was deferred to the regular pool. Does this mean I'm toast?

Wow, this thread is dead. Any news for anyone lately? My EDP app was deferred to the regular pool. Does this mean I'm toast?

not necessarily, I heard an admissions officer (different school) say that it is almost impossible to get in early decision. even most people who get in regular would not have had a chance EDP. But perhaps you can now add more schools to your choices!?

not necessarily, I heard an admissions officer (different school) say that it is almost impossible to get in early decision. even most people who get in regular would not have had a chance EDP. But perhaps you can now add more schools to your choices!?

Very true, I have already submitted my secondary to MCG, although I am still awaiting a secondary from Mercer.

how are you guys answering the question that asks why you chose the specific options like where you wanna practice or what percent of your time you wanna do what! they are a lot and some of them im undecided, how long should it be how detailed? this is so vague :(

how are you guys answering the question that asks why you chose the specific options like where you wanna practice or what percent of your time you wanna do what! they are a lot and some of them im undecided, how long should it be how detailed? this is so vague :(

Just be honest. I believe there is a place for you to click undecided. As far as the percentages you have to decided based upon your experiences and goals.

interview october 30th...any of you in that group?? :)

Submitted back at the end of august (~8/20 or so) and FINALLY got a Complete email today....wonder if it was because i just got new MCAT scores yesterday?

anyways, now we wait.

INTERVIEW INVITE!!! just got new mcat scores on tuesday...im scheduled for 11/6.anybody else?

I read somewhere that Morehouse has pretty laid-back interviews. Does anyone have or know somebody with personal experience with their interview?

mememe! for others, i submitted 8/19, interview invite 8/20. in state. half asian.

Great! Happy to see that there are some more 10/9 people in this thread. Are ya'll (you or mannyowens) GA residents? I'm looking for a good hotel to stay at that is close to campus and accessible by the train system. Any ideas?

Great! Happy to see that there are some more 10/9 people in this thread. Are ya'll (you or mannyowens) GA residents? I'm looking for a good hotel to stay at that is close to campus and accessible by the train system. Any ideas?

haha i heard some things about some of the hotels around the school.....make sure you read the reviews on google maps.....theyre very inciteful.

I've been searching the (VERY limited) website for more information on the school, but I haven't found much. Can someone direct me to a place where I can get more info on the cirriculum style, rotations, etc?

Thanks!!!

Hey guys,
Hust received an interview invite! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
Do you know if Morehouse provides Med Student Hosts?

Hey guys,

I realize the admissions process is very much a mystery, but does anyone know how they do invites? I submitted months ago via EDP and got a deferrel to the RD pool end of last month and have still yet to hear anything? I notice many of you are getting quck responses. So, I wonder if they prioritize you based upon your stats for 1st interviews? I Just hope they dont throw my application in at the end of the cycle and then decide. This would drive me crazy.

I realize the admissions process is very much a mystery, but does anyone know how they do invites? I submitted months ago via EDP and got a deferrel to the RD pool end of last month and have still yet to hear anything? I notice many of you are getting quck responses. So, I wonder if they prioritize you based upon your stats for 1st interviews? I Just hope they dont throw my application in at the end of the cycle and then decide. This would drive me crazy.

probobly not..my stats arent that great and i got one.....

Did you guys get invites through the mail or an email?

Hey guys,

They do...it'll be in the letter they send in the mail...

I've been searching the (VERY limited) website for more information on the school, but I haven't found much. Can someone direct me to a place where I can get more info on the cirriculum style, rotations, etc?

Thanks!!!

BUMP! Anyone have an answer to this? I think I just might have to call the school to get more info.

BUMP! Anyone have an answer to this? I think I just might have to call the school to get more info.

bumping for a ditto. anyone have an interview here yet? mine is on friday

Still waiting..hopefully some good news soon..

So, I was informed that those people that apply EDP and get deferred to the RD pool are not looked at again until the end of the cycle if there are any seats left. Does anyone know this to be true?

Just got an interview invite. Application was complete about a week ago but just got my MCAT score on Tuesday. I am an AA & out-of-state.
Good luck everyone!

Just got an interview invite. Application was complete about a week ago but just got my MCAT score on Tuesday. I am an AA & out-of-state.
Good luck everyone!

whens your interview?

It seems that if they do fall in love with your application you get invite very early as soon as you send the secondary. I wonder what they will do with the rest of the applicants. I guess they will wait and then send rejection around April…

So, I was informed that those people that apply EDP and get deferred to the RD pool are not looked at again until the end of the cycle if there are any seats left. Does anyone know this to be true?

Not true at all.. u must b Very Attractive to get accepted via EDP... but u have as much chance as anybody in the Regular pool... the application will be checked again the same as the other regulars..

File is complete.. Waiting to hear for an interview invite...

Not true at all.. u must b Very Attractive to get accepted via EDP... but u have as much chance as anybody in the Regular pool... the application will be checked again the same as the other regulars..

Yeah, that is also what I would think. I got deferred end of August and its Oct. now with no news while others have been getting news pretty soon after completing their files, which worries me. Hopefully, I hear something soon as my file was actually complete mid. July. GL to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.