2009-2010 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no news? For those that had interviews what was it like? For instance how many hours did it consist of? Should I plan to be in Atlanta for more than a day?

Nope, I think some students visited the school the day before the interview, but it usually starts around 10, and you should be done by 4. It was really chill and the tour guides were really funny. The interviews consisted of one in the morning and one after lunch. You also should get there a little early so you can sit in on a class. When do you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, so tell me why I never submitted a secondary...
And then today I get rejected.

LAME :lame:

Good luck to all of you that DID apply!!!

Morehouse Rejection, this morning @ 6:06AM PST...
Good luck to everybody else!

So I do not post often, well until now ever, but I know I obsessively check SDN to see if others are getting news back from schools where I have applied/interviewed. For those still waiting to hear, I received an acceptance letter from Morehouse today (my dad read the letter over the phone so I do not know when it was dated) and I interviewed on Feb. 12. Good luck to all of those still waiting. :)

I interviewed on February 26th and got an acceptance letter couple of days ago. This is my top choice so I will be in class in july.

Anyone else who got accepted and decided to attend MSM?

Withdrew my accepatance on Friday--hope someone gets my spot!

is there a facebook page for the c/o 2013 for morehouse?

I think I remember seeing it before.

So I do not post often, well until now ever, but I know I obsessively check SDN to see if others are getting news back from schools where I have applied/interviewed. For those still waiting to hear, I received an acceptance letter from Morehouse today (my dad read the letter over the phone so I do not know when it was dated) and I interviewed on Feb. 12. Good luck to all of those still waiting. :)

I interviewed on February 26th and got an acceptance letter couple of days ago. This is my top choice so I will be in class in july.

Anyone else who got accepted and decided to attend MSM?

Congrats! welcome to the party

For those familiar with Atlanta, where would you recommend living?

Hey has anyone spoken to anyone over in the Admissions Office about when we should see some movement on the waitlist? if any? :confused: I know the deposits were due today! Please baby Jesus I hope this waitlist moves!!!

It is difficult to give you an opinion on where to stay in atlanta. The reason is that I have no clue what your spending limit is. You could stay downtown, but it will be expensive, or you could go down south a little bit. One thing I know for sure is that you do not want to stay that close to the school because like most schools, it is in the ghetto.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there is a Morehouse school of medicine class of 2014 group on facebook. So guys please join and get to know who you would be spending the next 4 years with.

Has anyone received any emails or letters showing fees and financial aid packages?

Has anyone received any emails or letters showing fees and financial aid packages?

I called today about this and the person that answered the phone said that he didnt know exactly when packages would be sent, but we would receive an e-mail when they are.

Hey has anyone spoken to anyone over in the Admissions Office about when we should see some movement on the waitlist? if any? :confused: I know the deposits were due today! Please baby Jesus I hope this waitlist moves!!!

I hope so too :(

Good luck to all you guys, esp. with all the crime and shootings happening right now around Morehouse. Glad I got waitlisted after the last few months!

Good luck to all you guys, esp. with all the crime and shootings happening right now around Morehouse. Glad I got waitlisted after the last few months!

I'm pretty sure that if you were accepted there today you would not go there because of the shootings and stuff right??? Gotta Love Pre-meds!!!

Via the military, I was afforded the opportunity to escape my meager background into a middle class environment. I therefore take a lot of comfort in not having my car broken into at night when I sleep. I can walk my dog at any time without fear of violence, and I am appreciative to live in a safe environment. There are many who have not been able to escape poverty, and now that I have experienced a middle class existence, I still have not forgotten my roots.

I am thankful that I am one of the few fortunate enough to gain an acceptance to medical school this year. Yes, I may have to say an extra prayer before I leave my home, and I will exercise more caution when I travel at night. I am nevertheless still grateful to have this opportunity. Nothing worthwhile comes without sacrifice, and I will brave any environment or hardship to achieve my dream. Yes, other people may not agree, but it is built into my DNA to step outside of my comfort zone.

Withdrew last night, so hopefully that helps out someone who's waitlisted. It was so hard to make this decision because I absolutely loved Morehouse. It truly is a great school.

Best of luck to the MSM Class of 2014!!!!!

Withdrew last night, so hopefully that helps out someone who's waitlisted. It was so hard to make this decision because I absolutely loved Morehouse. It truly is a great school.

Best of luck to the MSM Class of 2014!!!!!

Good luck! :)

wow, been really quiet on this thread. Anyone hear any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.