2009-2010 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phone call. The letter is going to b put n the mail 2moro.

Congrats!!! I wonder are there any Morehouse undergrads that got accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea just checked was complete freaking october 19th and nothing is that a good thing or a bad thing? do they actually reject people pre-interview or at the end of the season?

For those of you with acceptances - have you heard anything about scholarships?

Hey everyone. I am a new member. I'm excited to take place
in all the convos instead of just reading them. I interviewed at Morehouse
on the 22nd of this month and I loved it. All this week i've been chcking my
mailbox!

Accepted! Interviewed 1/15! Letter came in the mail! (Hope this answers all of your immediate questions that come to mind :)

Accepted! Interviewed 1/15! Letter came in the mail! (Hope this answers all of your immediate questions that come to mind :)

Congrats! Maybe we will b classmates next semester! Where do u live? I have been stalking the mailbox for my acceptance package!

And for the previous post about scholarships, I thought that they would let u kno in ur acceptance letter if u were offered a scholarship or not. Anybody know more? I'm interested n this ? As well.

Dr. Roaf said that scholarship letters will be generated separately after New Year's, I believe :xf:

Congrats! Maybe we will b classmates next semester! Where do u live? I have been stalking the mailbox for my acceptance package!

And for the previous post about scholarships, I thought that they would let u kno in ur acceptance letter if u were offered a scholarship or not. Anybody know more? I'm interested n this ? As well.

Thank you very much! I stay in Atlanta. The letter was postmarked for yesterday. Where do you stay?

Thank you very much! I stay in Atlanta. The letter was postmarked for yesterday. Where do you stay?

I live n Florida. Ok, u got urs so soon cuz ur right there. Lol. So do u think u will b going to morehouse?

My mom and brother woke me up Totell me i hot mail from morehouse. The envelope felt thin but it was great news: I got in! Thank you Lord! I'm a testimony because six months ago I thought this was a long shot. But I'm going to Morehouse school of medicine in july!

My mom and brother woke me up Totell me i hot mail from morehouse. The envelope felt thin but it was great news: I got in! Thank you Lord! I'm a testimony because six months ago I thought this was a long shot. But I'm going to Morehouse school of medicine in july!

Congrats!

I finally got my letter n the mail 2day! This is my 1st acceptance, so I didn't kno what to expect in an acceptance letter. I thought it wud b a little thicker tho. Lol.

What is the purpose of the Medical Student Performance Evaluation included with the acceptance letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
I live n Florida. Ok, u got urs so soon cuz ur right there. Lol. So do u think u will b going to morehouse?

oh ok, just read that you got your letter! Yeah it was kinda thin lol. Actually I'm not quite sure where I'll be going. This is my first acceptance and I'm waiting to hear back from a few other schools, even still have a few interviews left(started kinda late)! I really like Morehouse but there are a couple other places that would make my medschool decison much harder! So im just going to wait it out because I really just don't know :confused:
How about you, are you sure you'll be going to Morehouse?

Congrats! Girl I definitely fell you on the testimony! I give all credit and Thanks to Him for how I've been blessed this application season!

Congrats!

I finally got my letter n the mail 2day! This is my 1st acceptance, so I didn't kno what to expect in an acceptance letter. I thought it wud b a little thicker tho. Lol.

What is the purpose of the Medical Student Performance Evaluation included with the acceptance letter?

I know I was a little confused too...

oh ok, just read that you got your letter! Yeah it was kinda thin lol. Actually I'm not quite sure where I'll be going. This is my first acceptance and I'm waiting to hear back from a few other schools, even still have a few interviews left(started kinda late)! I really like Morehouse but there are a couple other places that would make my medschool decison much harder! So im just going to wait it out because I really just don't know :confused:
How about you, are you sure you'll be going to Morehouse?

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure yet either. I am still waiting on a couple schools as well, but I really love Morehouse!

Wow...this thread is dead! How is everyone doing?

Pretty good. Haven't heard anything since they received my deposit. I'm leaning towards another school where I'm high priority on the waitlist so we'll see.

Has anyone had any luck with sending a letter of interest? Email or snail mail? I am on pre-interview hold and I am considering sending a letter but I'm not sure how receptive Morehouse would be to this.

hi , i took mcat 8 months ago and i got 24 m . the break up was 11 bio, 8 physics ,and 5 vr. i am from india ,but ga resident with green card. i have a degree in pharmacy from india and about to finish my second undergraduate degree in chemisty from university of west ga. i did not apply to any american medical school this year, but i applied to St. Georges school in grenada,and got accepted to it. If any one of you can tell me what should i do. thank you very much.

For those who have interviewed, how long after your application was complete did you get an interview invite? Also, did you get a pre-interview hold before being invited, or were you just sent an invite after your application was complete?

Also, does anyone know if they send out rejections pre-interview? I submitted my application and it has been marked complete for awhile, but I haven't heard anything one way or the other - invite, hold or rejection. Just wondering...:confused:

Last edited:
hi , i took mcat 8 months ago and i got 24 m . the break up was 11 bio, 8 physics ,and 5 vr. i am from india ,but ga resident with green card. i have a degree in pharmacy from india and about to finish my second undergraduate degree in chemisty from university of west ga. i did not apply to any american medical school this year, but i applied to St. Georges school in grenada,and got accepted to it. If any one of you can tell me what should i do. thank you very much.

Hey there! You might get a better response in the "What are my chances?" forum. Also, if you search for caribbean schools, you will see a lot of people discussing the option of whether or not going to the caribbean is worth it. Good luck!

For those who have interviewed, how long after your application was complete did you get an interview invite? Also, did you get a pre-interview hold before being invited, or were you just sent an invite after your application was complete?

Also, does anyone know if they send out rejections pre-interview? I submitted my application and it has been marked complete for awhile, but I haven't heard anything one way or the other - invite, hold or rejection. Just wondering...:confused:

I haven't heard of anyone getting a hold letter and then getting an interview invite. That said, it doesn't mean that situation doesn't occur. I received an interview invite approximately one month after the complete email. When were you complete? No news isn't always bad news. I'm sure they're still reviewing your app. Good luck!

hey guys, I was just wondering what the racial breakdown of the class usually is for morehouse. Does anyone know how many people/percent of the class is white, black, hispanic etc? thanks!

Im on the same boat! :confused: We need some feedback from people who've had this happened to them. Do you think it would be a good idea to call or email?

Im on the same boat! :confused: We need some feedback from people who've had this happened to them. Do you think it would be a good idea to call or email?

I called, and they told me my application was with the committee and I should look out for an email. Not sure exactly what that means but I hope it isn't a bad thing.

My file was complete mid october and I got an interview invite a week ago (so, 4 months for me)... hope that helps.

I had everything (LOR, MCAT, secondary, fee) submitted mid-November and I received an email stating that I was complete on 11/30. I received the email stating that I am on hold this morning (01/27). I hope that is helpful to you.
Hang in there Melissa,
got the HOLD email on 1/27 also... Things will work out :)

Has anyone looked at housing yet, began to consider places/areas or kno places that MSM students typically live?

Has anyone looked at housing yet, began to consider places/areas or kno places that MSM students typically live?

I'm not sure, but ya'll are going to LOVE Atlanta. I'm so happy for everyone who was accepted.

has anyone tried sending an update letter to morehouse? if so, any luck?

has anyone tried sending an update letter to morehouse? if so, any luck?

I was placed on hold in early December and sent an update in early January by e-mail. I just got a short "Thank you for your submission" response. Hope that helps. :)

I've been on a pre-interview hold FOREVER! I've already gotten an acceptance and had 3 other interviews. I have one more in March. Hoping to get an interview at Morehouse very soon :scared:

Hang in there Melissa,
got the HOLD email on 1/27 also... Things will work out :)

Yes, good luck to you! I haven't had any acceptances yet so I'm getting nervous and really hoping for an interview. At the very least, I like to think that a hold is much better than a rejection.

I really liked Morehouse, but I want to withdraw because I've gotten an offer from an in-state school and I know how tortuous it is for others to wait for an acceptance. Does anyone know how to withdraw?

I was placed on hold in early December and sent an update in early January by e-mail. I just got a short "Thank you for your submission" response. Hope that helps. :)

How did you actually give your submission!!! By email or mail??

Hey Everyone! I am also on hold too. Does anyone know the time line for applicants on hold status? I am wondering when we will hear about this...

Does anyone know the time line for applicants on hold status? I am wondering when we will hear about this...

Same here I have been on hold for at least over 2 or 3 months now!!!...

Wow...it has been super quiet here. Whats goin on on the Morehouse front? Any new movement? Anyone sure that they r attending next semester.

I got an acceptance!

Like three weeks ago. What do you guys think about Morehouse?

I might just resend my acceptance if I get into Memphis.

I got an acceptance!

Like three weeks ago. What do you guys think about Morehouse?

I might just resend my acceptance if I get into Memphis.

not that this in any way answers your question, but did you mean rescind? i think technically only the school can rescind (take away) an acceptance, if i understand the usage of that word correctly. you can decline it, though. and please don't think i'm being a bee-yotch by asking/correcting you.

and congrats! they put me on hold ages ago haha.

not that this in any way answers your question, but did you mean rescind? i think technically only the school can rescind (take away) an acceptance, if i understand the usage of that word correctly. you can decline it, though. and please don't think i'm being a bee-yotch by asking/correcting you.

and congrats! they put me on hold ages ago haha.

Yeah I meant decline.

Also for those of you guys who interviewed weren't the tour guides hilarious? I really felt a family feel at that school where it is easy to make friends.

Yeah I meant decline.

Also for those of you guys who interviewed weren't the tour guides hilarious? I really felt a family feel at that school where it is easy to make friends.

Yeah, that was one thing that I really liked about Morehouse. I felt like I would really fit in well there. I loved the school overall, but I am just waiting to hear from a couple of in-state schools...I have an interview at my undergrad school this friday actually.

By the way, congrats on ur acceptance!

been really quiet here lately... anyone hear anything?

Still no news? For those that had interviews what was it like? For instance how many hours did it consist of? Should I plan to be in Atlanta for more than a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.