2009-2010 Morehouse School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Yea, I remember you. Those students were pretty chill and funny.

We can get the MS1 basketball team together if we both go haha, I'll run point guard.

Haha for sure ! I got the center position covered !

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

Congratulations to all who got accepted! Just wondering (again), is anybody still waiting for their letter? And those of you who did get accepted, did your letters come via any special method of delivery (priority mail, express, etc.). I'm getting kind of worried and am not sure if the admissions office is really sending letters out in batches or what. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

Congratulations to all who got accepted! Just wondering (again), is anybody still waiting for their letter? And those of you who did get accepted, did your letters come via any special method of delivery (priority mail, express, etc.). I'm getting kind of worried and am not sure if the admissions office is really sending letters out in batches or what. Thanks guys.

regular mail. i got mine on friday and i'm in california

Got mines through regular mail as well on saturday:). Goodluck to everyone else

From reviewing this thread, it looks like about 10 have been accepted. Drawing from that #, and the # of ppl that might not use SDN, they have probably accepted about 1/3 of their class...do u guys think this might be correct? Or does anyone else have a different guess?

yea i was thinking that there has been an abnormal amount of people on this thread that got accepted given that SDN is only like 3% of total premeds and the school only accepts a small number of students..(hope i didn't sound like a hater bc im happy for all of you!!) but yea if they only have a class size of 50(i think??)I would go as so far to say that maybe even 50% of the class is full but probably not all will accept the offer so maybe 1/3 of the seats are taken. Dang i typed all that just to post the same estimate as you...LOL

Well it seems appropriate since they accept in two large batches.
if it helps any...I am not going to accept my spot.

yea i was thinking that there has been an abnormal amount of people on this thread that got accepted given that SDN is only like 3% of total premeds and the school only accepts a small number of students..(hope i didn't sound like a hater bc im happy for all of you!!) but yea if they only have a class size of 50(i think??)I would go as so far to say that maybe even 50% of the class is full but probably not all will accept the offer so maybe 1/3 of the seats are taken. Dang i typed all that just to post the same estimate as you...LOL

At my interview Dr. Roaf said their class this year would be about 60 students. I'm guessing to fill the spots they have to accept well over 80 students b/c some will choose other schools (for whatever reason).

does anyone know when the committee meets? or when to expect some new invites??

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 10/23. Dr Roaf said to expect something latest Dec 10. Its Dec 9th and nothing came in the mail today... I am getting anxious. I have another interview somewhere else in Feb but I'd really like to not have all my eggs in that basket. :(

so you think they will send out new invites tomorrow? also do you think it would be okay to call about the status of my application?

I remember you! The girl who dropped you off to the train station def. did not have dreads! lol But I drove like she did and I was about to offer to drive you.

lmao!! are u sure? wait, i remembered dreads, now i remember a perm...what the hell. but if u were the one who offered me a ride also then i know who YOU are :)

and i remember you now, red tie guy, lol. what's good!? :)

i don't know how admissions works especially since i think schools work differently, but i do think it is ok to call to check on your application status. i would...i have.

school: this is suchandsuch college of medicine.
me: hello, this is ThingsHopedFor and i was calling to inquire about my application and where i'm at in the process.
school: ThingsHopedFor from thatoneschool, oh ya...

that's how today's call went :)

so yea I decided to call since it didnt say you couldnt anywhere and the guy answers the phone and says yes I see looks like a decision should be made shortly...what does that mean!!!!! AHHH I mean what is shortly??? This year? Next year? Im stressing out...

hm...well, since howard adcoms meet on thursdays . maybe "shortly" means next week when their adcom meets? i don't know. i'm speculating.

Just interviewed here this past Friday! Fell n love with Morehouse! Claiming an acceptance n Jesus name!

Hey does anyone know Morehouse's deferment policy or whether or not they are pretty lenient or strict when it comes to giving those? Do u miss out on say a scholarship if you do defer? Thanks.

I canceled my interview, and withdrew my application. It was hard to cancel my interview..Dr Roaf sounded pretty sad. Oh well, Lucky person will get my spot:D. Gluck:luck:

Last edited:
hey guys! I am going to be starting at morehouse with you next year!

I currently live in atlanta- little 5 points area

its about 8 miles to school

i need a roomate within a month or 2 and i wanted to see if any future classmate was interested and could move in a few months before school started? (or if any of u know anyone that needs a place to live in the city that would help me out!)

im a 25/f, from south florida, FSU alum, currently in grad school at ga-pcom and have 2 dogs.
apt is a 2/1
THANKS!

Hey guys, I fell in love with Morehouse, and I am about 80% sure that it is the place for me. I have a family so I want to make sure this is the best move for ALL of us....

But anyway, I have been talking to a lot of physicians I know, and opinions are split on where people think the best place for me should be. I am an Indiana resident, but in-state tuition is about the same as Morehouse, so that's not a big deal...I am not totally sure, but I am leaning towards Derm...what do you all think??? What is pulling you towards Morehouse when it comes to residencies?

hi everyone,
so i've been on hold since last year :) but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone been off the "on hold" list? read in this thread that it's pretty slim chance :(

hi everyone,
so i've been on hold since last year :) but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone been off the "on hold" list? read in this thread that it's pretty slim chance :(

I have been on hold since oct. 1st. I contacted them a cpl. weeks ago.about how many actually get off of hold and was told absolutely nothing...surprise. Anyway, a friend of mine who is now a 3rd yr said don't count on anything. It took him 2yrs to get in there

anyone know when the next adcom meeting is? Do they meet every monday for post-interview apps or for pre-interview apps?

I have been on hold since Oct 7th and I have not heard anything. " I'm hoping and wishing and praying!" I fell in love with this school and would love to be here.:oops:

Interviewed Dec 11. We r supposed to hear something by the third week of Jan, so I'm assuming that means this week. The post-interview wait is proving to b the hardest one of all! I'm so nervous!

Does Morehouse send a complete email? My secondary payment was confirmed 11/30 but I haven't heard anything. No interview invite but no rejection either. Did others get a complete email? Should I call or email the admissions office to ask?

Does Morehouse send a complete email? My secondary payment was confirmed 11/30 but I haven't heard anything. No interview invite but no rejection either. Did others get a complete email? Should I call or email the admissions office to ask?

I got this email: Thank you for completing your online application! This e-mail confirms that you have successfully submitted your online application.

Your file will be complete when Admissions has received all of the required admissions documents.

Followed by this email: Morehouse School of Medicine is pleased to acknowledge receipt of all your supporting documentation. Your application is now complete and will be screened for possible interview. The results of that review will be sent via US Mail.

Thank you for your interest in Morehouse School of Medicine.

Followed by a hold :p. So if you haven't gotten the complete email, you should probably check and find out what is missing.

think the adcom met today? I heard they usually meet every monday.

think the adcom met today? I heard they usually meet every monday.

not sure but i called today and they said they were in the process of sending letters and that they're going to send some type of update email

I interviewed Dec 11 and I was really hoping to hear something by now...the wait is killing me!

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank u Jesus! No matter what happens the rest of this cycle, I'm going to med school!!!

Just got an email that I'm on pre-interview hold. Anyone actually get an interview after being on hold?

Congratulations!!!! That's really good news :) I wonder if they call some accepted applicants or all of them :confused:

Thank you! This is my 1st acceptance, so I am very excited! Not sure about who they call?

So when were you guys complete? I have yet to hear anything from this school - hold or otherwise

I had everything (LOR, MCAT, secondary, fee) submitted mid-November and I received an email stating that I was complete on 11/30. I received the email stating that I am on hold this morning (01/27). I hope that is helpful to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.