2008-2009 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MSAR says Pritzker starts releasing acceptances on the 15th. Whatever that means exactly is up to neurotic interpretation WOOHOO!

Members don't see this ad.

MSAR says Pritzker starts releasing acceptances on the 15th. Whatever that means exactly is up to neurotic interpretation WOOHOO!

Yep! Pretty sure it's by phone call from either Joni Huff or David Owen.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, but when I saw that this thread had been updated, my heart started racing...
I am really hoping for good news from Pritzker today (or any time, really)!

I hope to hear something today from at least one of my 3 schools that's supposedly releasing info... yeah for how neurotic I have been lately.

^ tell me about it. this is driving me nuts.

Do you guys think we can expect to hear anything today? And sorry about giving you guys another heart attack by bumping this thread.

Seeing this thread up totally made my stomach drop!
I called Mrs. Huff last week, and she said those who interviewed in mid sept will probably hear today and definitely by the end of oct. It depends on how quickly our interviews got their forms turned in.
I'm dreading seeing an email in my inbox from them, because I know they accept by phone.

There is no freakin way I would be able to stay sane until the end of October, lol.

There is no freakin way I would be able to stay sane until the end of October, lol.

I know!!! Amph I dare you to call up Pritzker and ask if we're going to hear today. Please:D:D:D

+5 amph points are in it for anyone who calls in. Don't pass up this offer!

i think i've got to find a friend not applying to med school to do it

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called cause you are all making me nervous by association and I didn't apply to Pritzker.

Anyways, I received no real info. Apparently the adcom definitely met this week and they definitely HAVE decisions, they have haven't given them to the office yet so nothing has been sent out yet. When I asked if someone would be calling today she said "I'm sure that's how they do it, I just don't know when or who because the office hasn't been given that information yet".

So...yeah. Nothing new. :luck: guys!

I just called cause you are all making me nervous by association and I didn't apply to Pritzker.

Anyways, I received no real info. Apparently the adcom definitely met this week and they definitely HAVE decisions, they have haven't given them to the office yet so nothing has been sent out yet. When I asked if someone would be calling today she said "I'm sure that's how they do it, I just don't know when or who because the office hasn't been given that information yet".

wow you are awesome, thanks!

They told me no decisions would be given today. I can't wait any longer!!!

you're a hero

Hello! I listened to the latest Pritzker podcast, and they say that they will begin releasing acceptances today. Generally, they estimate that it will take about 5-6 weeks after your interview for a decision to be made.

Someone also posted an acceptance on the Acceptance Thread, which corroborates the podcast (although I would have believed the podcast without the SDN post).

Looks like I'll be waiting a while to hear from them, as I interviewed in late September...

I called today and found out I'm continued...anyone else?

I called today and found out I'm continued...anyone else?

Hey I got the same news. I asked to speak with the director of admissions, be she was out of the office today. I think I'll call back tomorrow to see what's up. The way I see it, 'continued' means you are either border line acceptance/waitlist or waitlist/rejection. I hope it's former for us!

I just want to say... I've been complete at this school for a while, and a "decision has not been made" yet. The likelihood of me getting an interview is diminishingly small. But I have THE BIGGEST CRUSH on this school. It makes me feel like a giddy school girl. I feel like it was made for me personally - the archituture, the humor on the website, the neighborhood, the program itself... everything. My husband could totally get a fabulous job here, his family and a bunch of his friends are "close by" in Wisconsin. Huge crush. If I could marry a medical school, it would probably be this one.

Who's a big dork? That's right, I'm a big dork.

:laugh:

S.

I just want to say... I've been complete at this school for a while, and a "decision has not been made" yet. The likelihood of me getting an interview is diminishingly small. But I have THE BIGGEST CRUSH on this school. It makes me feel like a giddy school girl. I feel like it was made for me personally - the archituture, the humor on the website, the neighborhood, the program itself... everything. My husband could totally get a fabulous job here, his family and a bunch of his friends are "close by" in Wisconsin. Huge crush. If I could marry a medical school, it would probably be this one.

Who's a big dork? That's right, I'm a big dork.

:laugh:

S.

Hey, good luck! I was complete way later & already got rejected... so I'd say no news is good news in your case! It really is a beautiful campus & the whole campus has this vibrant, academic atmosphere. Also, they seem to be fond of non-trads w/ interesting life stories. :luck:

Hey, good luck! I was complete way later & already got rejected... so I'd say no news is good news in your case! It really is a beautiful campus & the whole campus has this vibrant, academic atmosphere. Also, they seem to be fond of non-trads w/ interesting life stories. :luck:

:D That's rad. I mean, not about your rejection (they should have accepted you, you're awesome). But I've already found an apartment there. :laugh:

Anyone hear or call in about when they are going to accept more applicants, or if there is a regular schedule?

Blah, continued. Oh well, can't say I didn't see it coming. Anyone know what this means exactly? It means I won't hear from then again until April or May right? Or could I hear earlier?

Blah, continued. Oh well, can't say I didn't see it coming. Anyone know what this means exactly? It means I won't hear from then again until April or May right? Or could I hear earlier?
i think it means they could potentially review your file anytime between now and May.

Did you call them or did you get an email/status change? Also, when did you interview....sorry to be stalker-esque.

i think it means they could potentially review your file anytime between now and May.

Did you call them or did you get an email/status change? Also, when did you interview....sorry to be stalker-esque.

I interviewed back in early-mid September. I just received a continued notification in the mail.

I interviewed last week... I am soooo in love.

The thought of waiting another month (or more) for an answer is too painful to bear!

i just got home and opened my "continued candidate" letter too
i'm pretty bummed :(

i just got home and opened my "continued candidate" letter too
i'm pretty bummed :(

sigh....i guess i'll call home later today to confirm that ive gotten mine too...

so i guess no one knows when the next round of acceptances are going out?

sigh....i guess i'll call home later today to confirm that ive gotten mine too...

so i guess no one knows when the next round of acceptances are going out?

hey, we interviewed on the same day :) - maybe you'll have better luck than me :luck:

My impression is that they are going to be very cautious about admitting people because of the smaller class size and not really sure how many people will choose to attend. From that I would expect them to use us "continued candidates" and accept more of us as the season rolls on.

I'm continued too- any acceptances?

My impression is that they are going to be very cautious about admitting people because of the smaller class size and not really sure how many people will choose to attend. From that I would expect them to use us "continued candidates" and accept more of us as the season rolls on.

wait so what does the letter actually mean?

I could interpret it in either two ways: either (1) theyre not going to look at our apps until late April at which time they'll put us on the waitlist, or (2) our application is going to be considered for admission with each subsequent committee meeting until late April after which if we're still not accepted they'll put us on the waitlist.

so...(1) or (2), which is it?

I could interpret it in either two ways: either (1) theyre not going to look at our apps until late April at which time they'll put us on the waitlist, or (2) our application is going to be considered for admission with each subsequent committee meeting until late April after which if we're still not accepted they'll put us on the waitlist.

Its number 2 according to their podcast

It's lucky number 2 with one revision: our application is going to be considered for admission with each subsequent committee meeting until late April after which if we're still not accepted they'll decide to waitlist or reject us (they don't want hundreds of people on the waitlist if no one pulls out).

anyone from the september 30th interview group hear back yet?

it seems like they call for acceptances, and reject/continue by mail?

anyone from the september 30th interview group hear back yet?

it seems like they call for acceptances, and reject/continue by mail?

Yup, they call for acceptances, all else is mail. When I interviewed last week they said they would call you between 6-8 weeks from when you interviewed. I really liked Pritzker. Good luck!

I recieved an acceptance by phone from Pritzker October 15th late in the afternoon. I was honored, and I am most impressed with Pritzker's attention to the individual. I'm still looking forward to learning more about how their curriculum will be structured next year. Does anyone know more than the basics of fewer hours and more mentoring?

I would have posted earlier, but I just became a member. Good luck everyone!

interviewed on the 30th of september. was told that i most likely would hear before nov, but haven't heard back by phone or letter.

pritzker, in terms of the quality of its interview process, destroyed the other schools i have visited so far. very impressive

so it'd be nice to get this one in the bag

Yeah, I completely agree about the interview day being phenomenal. I wonder if the medical school is as friendly and personal as the admissions staff...if so I may be sold. I've got a few other interests though, so I'm curious to see what happens.

If I were you I would give them a call. I'm sure they would be happy to update you. I got a phone call for the acceptance, and they followed up with a letter that week.

Where else have you interviewed?

ucsd (accepted), pritzker and columbia so far.

i have ucsf next week, but i don't expect them to roll out the red carpet. yeah i think i'll try calling pritzker to see if they have good news

I didn't apply to Columbia, but I've interviewed at UCSD (OOS Waitlist) and UCSF. I really liked UCSF. It's a nice place and they do a pretty good job with the interview day. Getting an interview is the hard part there, after that you're 50/50 for an acceptance.

I really liked Yale and Harvard a lot too, although at Harvard the day was surprisingly unorganized.

Anyone know what's going on w/ Pritzker? When do they have their next committee meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.