2008-2009 University of Buffalo Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... An outright acceptance would obviously be nice but WL sounds like you still have a great chances especially if you are near the top (top 1/3)

Did anyone find out how many people they will accept outright (from the ppl that interviewed today) on average?

I would be shocked if it was 1/5 that they accepted because it sounds like they really want to give everyone who will be interviewing a shot before they make their decision.

On that note, is buffalo rolling admissions?

i was on a plane with two people from our interview group, but I only talked to one of them. she also liked the school, we thought that they probably accept 3-5 people out of each group...but it also depends on the quality of applicants in each particular group. and yes, their waitlist moves a lot, especially of you are at the top 1/3...also, do you guys think that people interviewed by the dean are their priority applicants? those people probably have high chances of acceptance unless of course they do something really stupid during the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else freaking out yet? haha

Members don't see this ad :)
ha yeah i feel ya...i wish there was a definite time that we were told about for our decisions to be posted...the suspense is excruciating

Yeah, that I'm not so sure about. Unfortunately, you're probably right in assuming they don't accept too many students outright, but I do think it's rolling admissions. Whatever though, there's no point in stressing about anything now...the hard part is long over, and our judgments have already been cast! :eek:

I think they accept the number of students they want for their class, for example if their class size is 176, then they accept 176 kids, and put a bunch of ppl on waitlist. Looking at last year's thread, it seems like everyone in top 1/3 of waitlist and some in the second 1/3 were accepted.

waitlisted

you got your decision already???? mine still says no action...their web-site was down a couple of times today, and i thought that's because they were entering decisions ...at one point i was even getting a message that my AMCAS ID is not registered on their website :eek: but now it's back to "no action"...i don't know whether it's good or bad, but i'm definitely getting nervous :scared:

you got your decision already???? mine still says no action...their web-site was down a couple of times today, and i thought that's because they were entering decisions ...at one point i was even getting a message that my AMCAS ID is not registered on their website :eek: but now it's back to "no action"...i don't know whether it's good or bad, but i'm definitely getting nervous :scared:

i actually got an email from Mr. Rosso like 2 hours ago - it was a generic one, and the subject was "Initial Wait List Letter." i was having those same exact problems as you re: checking the status page (both of those errors), and i just checked it again and it still said "No Action" lol. so i wouldn't worry about it...hey, maybe you got in! best of luck to you. :thumbup::luck:

i actually got an email from Mr. Rosso like 2 hours ago - it was a generic one, and the subject was "Initial Wait List Letter." i was having those same exact problems as you re: checking the status page (both of those errors), and i just checked it again and it still said "No Action" lol. so i wouldn't worry about it...hey, maybe you got in! best of luck to you. :thumbup::luck:

thanks! good luck to you too! :)

Does anyone know how long they usually take to give out interviews after being complete? UB's one of my top choice schools and I haven't heard anything yet. Still no action. I check my status page at least twice a day, hoping it changes. :(

I've been complete at most schools since around beginning to mid Sept, and I think I was complete at UB around the same time. I never got a complete e-mail, but my status page says complete.

How long was everyone else complete before getting invites?

I just got a completion email from UB too today... but i dont know why my status still says im not complete.... maybe it takes a day for it to change? How long after this email did you guys receive the interview invite?

Complete sept 10th
Interview invite oct 28th

This is such an awesome school. Anyone would be lucky to get an interview at this school. It really is a special place with very enthusiastic staff and students who really want to be there.

Complete sept 10th
Interview invite oct 28th

This is such an awesome school. Anyone would be lucky to get an interview at this school. It really is a special place with very enthusiastic staff and students who really want to be there.

Okay, thanks. I was actually complete around then too, maybe couple days after. I hope I'm not on pre-interview hold or anything. Maybe I'll e-mail Dr. Rosso... but I don't want him to think I'm really impatient though. I'm just anxious to hear. I want an interview here so bad!

Members don't see this ad :)
wat up rejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjecccccccccccccccctedddddddddddddddddddd. LOL. yeah u cant win em all

accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooohoooo :p got an e-mail from AMCAS this morning stating that another school wants to do a background check on me...at this point I pretty much knew it's an acceptance somewhere....checked my status page and SAW IT :love:

you guys are so lucky, i am ridiculously envious. congratulations.

you guys are so lucky, i am ridiculously envious. congratulations.

Hey, you might be joining us pretty soon...maybe even in a couple of days :) don't loose hope. Best of luck to you! :luck:

hey guys dont lose hope...my amcas applicaiton was verified oct. 31st.. and today my status on Buffalo website says im complete with everything... now im just hoping for an interview! :D

hey did anyone get any invites lately? :laugh: does anyone know if preference is given to buffalo undergraduate students???

complete nov. 20th! I just got an unexpected interview invitation today!!!! I am sooooooo happy!! OMG OMG! I took the mcat in sept. i thought i would not have a slightest bit of chance... well guys keep ya hopes up! I'm sure some of you will be hearing from UB soon! :D:D:D:D:D:luck::luck::luck::luck:

complete nov. 20th! I just got an unexpected interview invitation today!!!! I am sooooooo happy!! OMG OMG! I took the mcat in sept. i thought i would not have a slightest bit of chance... well guys keep ya hopes up! I'm sure some of you will be hearing from UB soon! :D:D:D:D:D:luck::luck::luck::luck:
congrats on your interview!! Did your status page change?

yes the status changed the next day to the date of your set interview date. good luck guys!!! wish me some luck too people =):laugh::laugh::p:laugh::luck::luck::luck::xf::xf::xf::xf:

for those of you who interviewed, how was the interview set up... sounds like there are three interviews (gulp) ... how should i prepare for them? what kinds of questions do they ask? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! :rolleyes:

for those of you who interviewed, how was the interview set up... sounds like there are three interviews (gulp) ... how should i prepare for them? what kinds of questions do they ask? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! :rolleyes:

95% of the ppl only have 2 interviews. You get a 3rd interview only if your 1st and 2nd interview are scored very differently (off by more than 1pt on a scale of 5) so if you have an interview that is scored a 3 and then one that is scored a 5 then you will be asked to do a 3rd interview to see which score was "right" from your first 2. Only one person had to do one from the day I interviewed.

If anybody wants to use my interview prep materials just PM me and I will send you a summary of the questions that are typically asked and how I prepared for the interview

this thread doesnt seem very active? anyone know why? Is it because Buffalo just started to invite ppl for interview???? :confused:

this thread doesnt seem very active? anyone know why? Is it because Buffalo just started to invite ppl for interview???? :confused:

As far as I know, UB started giving out TONS of interviews since late August, and they will continue doing so until late April next yr. I'm actually one of those who had 3 interviews, which I had assumed to be an advantage but it turned out that I was waitlisted :(.

nancy, dont worry, I have four friends who are going to UB right now who got off the waitlist near the summer. So dont worry too much about it. As far as the interview is concerned, does anyone know if interviewing in January would put me at a disadvantage????

If a ton of people were interviewed since august, Im quite disappointed with the amount of activity in this thread... ppl please chime in!!! lols :D:D:D

nancy, dont worry, I have four friends who are going to UB right now who got off the waitlist near the summer. So dont worry too much about it. As far as the interview is concerned, does anyone know if interviewing in January would put me at a disadvantage????

If a ton of people were interviewed since august, Im quite disappointed with the amount of activity in this thread... ppl please chime in!!! lols :D:D:D

I think there's not so much activity because their decision turn around time is so short that no one has to speculate and post: "Anyone interviewed mid oct and heard anything??" lol I don't think you're in a disadvantage at all. They probably keep open seats up till the end of interview period. Good luck though, I'm on the waitlist as well =[

Complete since Sept. I've heard NOTHING at all..

Any suggestions? Or am I done?

Complete since Sept. I've heard NOTHING at all..

Any suggestions? Or am I done?

Just hang in there. I think that they interview a bunch of ppl after the new year (at least a third...probably more like half +)

I spoke directly with Mr. Rosso and he said, "At UB, time is not a factor."

Does anyone who has already been accepted to UB has a MCAT<30?
I know this probably is not a major factor in determining ppl's acceptance, but I wonder if might be the one thing that have kept me out of getting an outright acceptance.

a friend of mine with a 27S mcat score got right in, 2 days after interview.... while another one with the same stat got a pre-interview rejction... so i would if you have an mcat in the range of upper twenties and up, you are fine.

Has anyone emailed Mr. Rosso about their status? I'm pre-interview. Thanks!

Has anyone emailed Mr. Rosso about their status? I'm pre-interview. Thanks!

I did, he just confirmed that I was complete and that my file was still being reviewed. Won't hurt, but probably won't do much good either.

Hey does anyone know if med schools request for your senior year fall semester grades if you are interviewing in the spring??? ThANKS.

for those who interviewed already and was waitlisted, did anybody check to see what your place is on the waitlist yet? I think they told us to check in Jan, but I was wondering if anybody went ahead and asked yet?

just got the invite today, pretty excited although i know nothing about buffalo or what to expect of the city.

for those who interviewed already and was waitlisted, did anybody check to see what your place is on the waitlist yet? I think they told us to check in Jan, but I was wondering if anybody went ahead and asked yet?

i was waitlisted 10/14 and I emailed Mr. Rosso a couple of weeks later to see if he could give me any information with regards to my position on the waitlist. he told me to call on january 15th to find out what third of the waitlist i was on, and that they weren't releasing information prior to this date. does anyone know when buffalo generally begins to pull people off of the waitlist?

i was waitlisted 10/14 and I emailed Mr. Rosso a couple of weeks later to see if he could give me any information with regards to my position on the waitlist. he told me to call on january 15th to find out what third of the waitlist i was on, and that they weren't releasing information prior to this date. does anyone know when buffalo generally begins to pull people off of the waitlist?

Pretty sure you have to wait till May 15

Whats going on with this thread...it seems like its been neglected =(.

Anyway, Complete: 10/17
Invite: 12/16

For any of those who have interviewed, I know the invite says the day will wrap up no later than 4:30, but when did it actually finish? I would like to fly back that night, but want to make sure I will be safe to catch the last flight. Thanks in advance!! :love:

oh no... my interview is coming up in one and a half week... im getting so nervous!!! how is the interview atmosphere like? friendly interviewers? casual? how long is the interview time with each interviewer approximately? (or how many questions do they ask?) thanks... maybe im just freakin out a bit too much...:eek::D Thanks

oh no... my interview is coming up in one and a half week... im getting so nervous!!! how is the interview atmosphere like? friendly interviewers? casual? how long is the interview time with each interviewer approximately? (or how many questions do they ask?) thanks... maybe im just freakin out a bit too much...:eek::D Thanks

Check out the interview feedback forum. It will answer all of these questions. GOOD LUCK!

Boo, placed into "intermediate" (pre-interview) pool today, complete 8/28.

Boo, placed into "intermediate" (pre-interview) pool today, complete 8/28.

I've been in that group since Oct 24th... and no word since. Not looking good lol. Buffalo is the strangest SUNY I am convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.