2019-2020 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if scholarships or need-based aid will be given? I got fin aid and its just the loan.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who was accepted, do you know what the cost of attendance will be for the 2020-2021 year?

Anyone who was accepted, do you know what the cost of attendance will be for the 2020-2021 year?
I believe they estimate $65k for in-state, $90k for out of state. That’s what it said in the financial aid talk

Reactions: 1 user
0BABC915-24A2-4BCA-8407-E7B9E9D19AF8.png

Here’s the in-state breakdown for 2020-2021

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
received my waitlist status. This is the only MD school that gave me an interview.

I'm also WL at two DOs after applying there late in the cycle. Does anyone have advice for me with 3 WL and uncertainty in the next few months? I assume I should really start ramping up the gathering of my materials again for the next application?

received my waitlist status. This is the only MD school that gave me an interview.

I'm also WL at two DOs after applying there late in the cycle. Does anyone have advice for me with 3 WL and uncertainty in the next few months? I assume I should really start ramping up the gathering of my materials again for the next application?
samw here, just recieved the wl

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any info about scholarship offer? (Aside from the loan)

Has anyone come off the waitlist recently?

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted too. Are you guys treating this as a soft rejection? I’ve seen conflicting opinions on UB waitlist movement

I recall reading posts that said they have good movement. Also, it's a ranked WL, so your score should be irrelevant to when you interviewed/ got a decision.

I'd suggest you start re-applying; better safe than sorry

Does anyone know how to withdraw your application here? Do you just email admissions?

does anyone know when is the deadline to "commit to enroll" at this school?

Also waitlisted. Does the check application status page still work for you guys after entering in your amcas id?

Any WL movement here? Kinda surprised by the lack of any news so far.

On a related note, has anyone tried to reach admissions about either feedback or WL position?

Reactions: 2 users
"We do not divulge that information to any candidate".

I emailed in April.

Damn. Thanks for sharing.

I would be really disappointed if we don't see much movement this year haha

Hi guys I have never posted in here but I interviewed in early Feb. and was waitlisted at the end of Feb. This morning I was accepted off the waitlist and am declaring. Hope this helps for all those wondering about movement.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi guys I have never posted in here but I interviewed in early Feb. and was waitlisted at the end of Feb. This morning I was accepted off the waitlist and am declaring. Hope this helps for all those wondering about movement.
Congrats!

Did you send in any communication prior to your A?

I’m an accepted student. I’m kind of judging the movement via the Facebook group for the class of 2024.

It’s at 199 right now but a lot of M2s are in the group as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m an accepted student. I’m kind of judging the movement via the Facebook group for the class of 2024.

It’s at 199 right now but a lot of M2s are in the group as well.

Also says "+59 members in the last week"

:(

Also says "+59 members in the last week"

:(
There’s also a lot of people still in the group who have committed elsewhere already too still, so I’m not sure if relying on the group is the best way to guess waitlist movement. There’s also a lot of current m1s and m2s added.

There’s also a lot of people in the group who have committed elsewhere already too still, speaking on behalf of some friends lol

Yeah that’s true too. It would be nice if people who aren’t committed to this school would leave the group so we’d have a better sense of how many seats are left.

Fingers crossed for all of you waiting .

UB historically gets movement up until classes start so I guess we should keep our hopes up at least till end of June haha

But as mentioned a few posts above, there are m2s and people pte'd elsewhere in that number.

You’re right. I will say that’s it’s unlikely m2s were added last week so at least 59 new As last week, right?
Actually I think a lot of the M2s were added last week, some of my friends are in there that weren’t before. Just my insight!

You’re right. I will say that’s it’s unlikely m2s were added last week so at least 59 new As last week, right?
A lot of the people added to the fb group last week are current M1 & M2s.

There are currently 345 people on the class of 2023 Facebook Page, so I don't think the number really means much in terms of acceptances.

Reactions: 3 users
I know a lot of people heard back from late interviews this week, but really hoping for movement on the waitlist. For anyone who has been accepted from the waitlist, did you get an email/phone call?