2020-2021 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called admissions last week and they parroted what others have said in this thread. WL movement has been extremely slow this year, and they cannot tell us what our chances of getting off are or if we are just waiting for people to drop an acceptance. They said some movement could occur in June. Oh, and they said that they probably won't give us an admissions decision until classes start in August, and only then can we get feedback on our applications. I really don't know how much more I can improve my application at this point when I had 5 interviews this cycle and I've been told countless times I'm a strong interviewer :( Like why wasn't I enough? This process is so discouraging

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I called admissions last week and they parroted what others have said in this thread. WL movement has been extremely slow this year, and they cannot tell us what our chances of getting off are or if we are just waiting for people to drop an acceptance. They said some movement could occur in June. Oh, and they said that they probably won't give us an admissions decision until classes start in August, and only then can we get feedback on our applications. I really don't know how much more I can improve my application at this point when I had 5 interviews this cycle and I've been told countless times I'm a strong interviewer :( Like why wasn't I enough? This process is so discouraging
Dude literally in the same exact boat (also had 5 interviews and 5 WLs). It’s honestly so brutal. I’m prepping for a re-app right now, but feel behind because I did not anticipate being in this situation at all.

Reactions: 1 user

Dude literally in the same exact boat (also had 5 interviews and 5 WLs). It’s honestly so brutal. I’m prepping for a re-app right now, but feel behind because I did not anticipate being in this situation at all.
Guys Im in the same boat as both of you: 6 interviews and 5 WL. idk what I did wrong and idk how I can even improve my app at this point... truly feels hopeless

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys all IS; Im IS and got waitlisted at 3/4 of our state schools; I feel like maybe its common for NY?

Reactions: 1 users
born and raised in buffalo, but been OOS for six years. I'm also on 3 WLs (2 MD, 1 DO), but at least I got 1 A from a DO program. My partner wants to buy a house soon but that would lock me out of UB. it's frustrating that this cycle has been extended to the summer, but how long am I expected to wait at this point? I don't want admissions showing up on my wedding day to say they still love me, you know?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Any updates? Any movement? Any accepted students have any insight to number of spots remaining?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the rules on reapply in terms of does that withdraw this year’s application and does that mean we cannot receive feedback on the application we submitted this past cycle?

Does anyone know the rules on reapply in terms of does that withdraw this year’s application and does that mean we cannot receive feedback on the application we submitted this past cycle?
It's my understanding that if you interviewed the admissions is willing to give feedback on the application but not necessarily if you were not interviewed/withdrew your application. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask?

Can anyone in the accepted students group me give an update on if the class is full? Thanks!

What are the chances of movement at this point? My heart hurts so bad thinking about having to move out of state here shortly :(

• Care
What are the chances of movement at this point? My heart hurts so bad thinking about having to move out of state here shortly :(
Honestly I think the movement is over. We’d be lucky to see a spot or two open up at this point. I’ve accepted that I didn’t get in at this point and am submitting my application on Monday

Honestly I think the movement is over. We’d be lucky to see a spot or two open up at this point. I’ve accepted that I didn’t get in at this point and am submitting my application on Monday
I hear ya pal. Something we can't control. Best of luck going forward :)

Can anyone in the accepted students group me give an update on if the class is full? Thanks!
In the group, but I don't think that's possible to ascertain. No one has left in a while though.

Does anyone know where to send a letter of intent/interest for Buffalo? Trying to throw a hail mary.

if you are on waitlist don't bother - it won't have any impact on your position..
Buffalo is super receptive to communication. Will it have an effect this late in the cycle? Maybe not. But there’s also nothing left to lose. Sending a letter of intent/interest is literally the only sense of control waitlisted applicants have left. I can understanding wanting to throw that last Hail Mary.

Buffalo is super receptive to communication. Will it have an effect this late in the cycle? Maybe not. But there’s also nothing left to lose. Sending a letter of intent/interest is literally the only sense of control waitlisted applicants have left. I can understanding wanting to throw that last Hail Mary.
I have done that for paper publication - only to receive from director that it wouldn't change anything. So it's up to you! My 2c would be to check with admissions if they are receptive to an update...

I have done that for paper publication - only to receive from director that it wouldn't change anything. So it's up to you! My 2c would be to check with admissions if they are receptive to an update...
Did you send it directly to the director, or Ms. Yusick and the director responded? Also, how long ago?

Did you send it directly to the director, or Ms. Yusick and the director responded? Also, how long ago?
I didn't know after the waitlist decision in march (LOI was sent) that they'd be open to receiving updates- so I emailed the director ~ june 1. She said that updates wont change the waitlist position and that we had to wait patiently- they couldnt re-review the applicants for another offer. My premed advisor said to follow what the director said- frankly it just makes sense, why give them new info to consider when you could apply again with the new information? If they consider your new information during waitlist and wasn't offered a position, you'd have to offer even more new information come next cycle- but that's going of my premed adv.

But I'd urge you to email Mrs. Yusick or one of the directors if your update would be considered- it's doesn't hurt to ask before sending. Don't know what sending without asking would do- it's really a gamble.

Weird… I just received an email saying my financial aid package is available, and I wasn’t even taken off of the waitlist.

Weird… I just received an email saying my financial aid package is available, and I wasn’t even taken off of the waitlist.
Me too. I was so hype, but then I called and they said it was a system-wide error. Honestly, I can’t take all the false hope anymore it’s killing me

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I didn't get the financial aid package email. but I got the follow up email telling me that my status hasn't changed.

Whole thing feels like one big welp.

Reactions: 2 users
There have been a couple people in the GroupMe that've decided to commit elsewhere after the July 2nd CTE date. So there may still be a couple of spots opening up to those on the waitlist. Hope it works out for you all!

There have been a couple people in the GroupMe that've decided to commit elsewhere after the July 2nd CTE date. So there may still be a couple of spots opening up to those on the waitlist. Hope it works out for you all!
Thanks for sharing this

I got off the waitlist here this afternoon! I’m in tears! I’m excited to meet everyone this fall

• Love
Reactions: 6 users