2019-2020 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Secondary Prompt:

In 500 words or fewer, please explain your reasons for applying to the University at Buffalo's Jacobs School of Medicine. Please be specific.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: University of Buffalo (Coming soon!)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If any current UB Jacobs SOM students are lurking...I'd love to know more about the community outreach opportunities through the school. Ones such as the Buffalo MATTERS Network, Heart Smart, etc. Sorry if this is super ignorant, but medical students can get involved in these opportunities, yes? And if so is it something prevalent at the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
@PapaGuava
In 500 words or fewer, please explain your reasons for applying to the University at Buffalo's Jacobs School of Medicine. Please be specific.

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted/OOS - we'll see how this goes!

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted; email confirmation of payment but not of completion.
Can't access the check my status page either. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: received complete email this morning!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
In writing my secondary, i feel like i find myself talking a lot about the Cancer Center- is this good, or should it focus mostly on just the med school education offerings?
if the cancer center is what draws you to UB then write that! if there's something about the education that interests you you should include that as well. be genuine, that's what they like!

In writing my secondary, i feel like i find myself talking a lot about the Cancer Center- is this good, or should it focus mostly on just the med school education offerings?

Talking about Roswell? :rolleyes:

Just got an II! LM 70. Complete 7/1. NY Resident

Reactions: 6 users
Just got an II. LM 73. PA Resident. Completed my secondary 7/2/19.

Reactions: 4 users
I’m going to vomit, and check my email about 500 times today. Hoooo boy.

II, # 4 so far. What happens if I have a conflict w my interview date, would they work with me??

II, # 4 so far. What happens if I have a conflict w my interview date, would they work with me??

Definitely email them and let them know you have a conflict but would love to interview with them and ask if they have alternative dates. Maybe you can provide alternative dates around their interview dates? I had friends last year who emailed in this case

When you all submitted did you get a confirmation email or complete email?

IS, LM 75, Complete 7/11, no II, somebody help

In the complete email they did say "It is a random review process." in that all bold email. (also IS/high-stat without interview, but whatever)

If anyone has an interview date of 9/4 please PM me so we can be friends!

Your post made me laugh. A med school interview group is one of the last places I’d look for friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
You’d be surprised!! I met at least one at each interview I had last year.

You must’ve had better interview groups than mine! Most of the people I met would've thrown me in a volcano for a leg up. Or something equally as painful as a volcano.... maybe a crocodile pit.

You must’ve had better interview groups than mine! Most of the people I met would've thrown me in a volcano for a leg up. Or something equally as painful as a volcano.... maybe a crocodile pit.

Is it not ironic how the the most cut throat students who get perfect scores end up in the schools that have collaborative learning

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users