2019-2020 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! (off the waitlist). Interviewed 1/20.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewing soon. I have two questions if anyone can please answer.

1. I was born and raised in NY and lived there my entire life. Moved out of state less than a year ago. I still have my NY driver's license. Would I still qualify for in-state tuition?

2. Can people who interviewed share how their interview went?

Thank you

Interviewing soon. I have two questions if anyone can please answer.

1. I was born and raised in NY and lived there my entire life. Moved out of state less than a year ago. I still have my NY driver's license. Would I still qualify for in-state tuition?

2. Can people who interviewed share how their interview went?

Thank you
1. When I interviewed the financial aid person gave the example that if your permanent address was somewhere in NY but you went to school out of state and you signed a lease at a house/apartment off campus and lived there for 1 year you will be considered out of state and have to pay out of state tuition for the first year.

2. The interview day at UB is very relaxing! The only time I got nervous was the first time my name was called but other than that I felt calm throughout the entire day. My first interview was with a professor and was more of a formal interview asking me questions about my application and one ethical question but was still very easy and straightforward! My second interview was with a M2 and it was like talking to a friend and didn’t even feel like an interview! They just want to get to know you beyond what they can read on paper and are not trying to intimidate you or trip you up at all. Also they give you a writing prompt prior to your interviews and give you 10 minutes to answer it but I was never asked about it in my interviews so I think it may come into play when they re-review your app? But I really don’t know lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/26. Accepted 2/28!!!
The interview is very relaxed, they really just want to get to know you as a person.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! (off the waitlist). Interviewed 1/20.
Did you write a letter of interest/intent or anything? I was WL last Friday and I'm frantically trying to make sense of what (if anything) I can do to possibly change my chance of getting in off the WL. Huge congrats on your A though :)!!!

OMGGGGGGG!!!! Accepted off waitlist
Congrats on the A!!! Did you send them anything between your interview, being waitlisted and then your acceptance off the WL? I got a WL and I'm trying to make sense of how to move forward

interviewed 1/08... thought i killed the interview. Got waitlisted 1/30. To my surprise, i got accepted this past Friday!

However, when i go to pay for $100 fee, it says there is an error. Did anybody else experience this?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the A!!! Did you send them anything between your interview, being waitlisted and then your acceptance off the WL? I got a WL and I'm trying to make sense of how to move forward
Yes, I sent an update/LOI after the waitlist decision.

interviewed 1/08... thought i killed the interview. Got waitlisted 1/30. To my surprise, i got accepted this past Friday!

However, when i go to pay for $100 fee, it says there is an error. Did anybody else experience this?

First of all, CONGRATS!
I haven't gotten the email with the student number yet, so I haven't tried to pay the deposit. When did you get the email with the student number?

^also wondering if it's unlikely now for people to get off waitlist who interviewed in November/ earlier in cycle. It seems like everyone who got accepted off waitlist was january and later... :(

Reactions: 2 users
^also wondering if it's unlikely now for people to get off waitlist who interviewed in November/ earlier in cycle. It seems like everyone who got accepted off waitlist was january and later... :(
My friend interviewed in September, waitlisted October, accepted last week.

are they done interviewing its been radio silence since August...

Members don't see this ad :)
i want/ to unsubscribe but will that affect my chance:beat:
No it will not affect your chance!

Also best way to hear back from schools who ghost you is to send them a withdrawal email lol. I had 3 schools who have ghosted me since July, so I sent an email stating I had an acceptance and wanted to withdraw my app from further consideration at their school.............. I heard back from all of them within a few hours hehehe

• Haha
A round of interview invites just came out this week, for 4/1

No it will not affect your chance!

Also best way to hear back from schools who ghost you is to send them a withdrawal email lol. I had 3 schools who have ghosted me since July, so I sent an email stating I had an acceptance and wanted to withdraw my app from further consideration at their school.............. I heard back from all of them within a few hours hehehe
I was just joking:rofl:

Withdrew my interview for March 11, hope it goes to one of you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Called and they’re reviewing apps/extending invites until mid March for interview dates until mid April

Reactions: 4 users
Complete silence too. However I know someone who just got a late interview but at this point I feel like not many (if anymore) interviews will be given out since their date was the 2nd week of April. I am guessing that is the end of their cycle but I’m not sure.

Current Buffalo student here. Feel free to ask me any questions on here or DM. Also willing to host any out of town guests for their interview - don't waste the money on a hotel. Good luck everyone!
Can I ask what time do the interviews usually end? The email said 5 but I wonder if that is always the case.
Thanks!

Can I ask what time do the interviews usually end? The email said 5 but I wonder if that is always the case.
Thanks!
Just depends when you get called for your interview. I was called early for both of mine so I left around 3:15. It could go to 5 though if you are one of the later interviews.

To my fellow peeps who have been accepted, is the signed form that you filled out from Admissions binding? In the sense that signing that form means you are committing to matriculating there in August?

To my fellow peeps who have been accepted, is the signed form that you filled out from Admissions binding? In the sense that signing that form means you are committing to matriculating there in August?
No it’s not. Nothing is binding until you CTE I believe

Complete silence too. However I know someone who just got a late interview but at this point I feel like not many (if anymore) interviews will be given out since their date was the 2nd week of April. I am guessing that is the end of their cycle but I’m not sure.
I don’t think they will interview anymore as the state is under emergency now even if they still have interview spots left no school wants to risk at this point so RIP

I don’t think they will interview anymore as the state is under emergency now even if they still have interview spots left no school wants to risk at this point so RIP
Lmao random review really ****ed us

• Sad
I was worried about this too. I hope it's not the case... some other schools have switched to virtual interviews

I'm supposed to interview next week and received an email today that all further in-person interviews are cancelled but they are working on getting a skype interview system up and running

Does anyone know where we're sending back the filled acceptance package forms? Is it all going to back to Mr. Rosso after we fill them? I don't see anything about who to send them to. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know where we're sending back the filled acceptance package forms? Is it all going to back to Mr. Rosso after we fill them? I don't see anything about who to send them to. Thanks in advance!
I asked and we send them to the medical school admissions office

Do you think COVID will have any impact on the waitlist movement? For example, ADCOMs not meting and so forth

Do you think COVID will have any impact on the waitlist movement? For example, ADCOMs not meting and so forth

I think it may make the process a little slower, but I’m sure they’re still meeting in some capacity, either in person or virtually.

I completely forgot I applied here back in September. I have not received a single update/email since then! It definitely feels like they just took my money and ran with it, haha.

Does anyone know how to withdraw? No button in the portal and the only confirmation email I received from them is from a do not reply address.

First time applicant, interviewed March 11. Was told by one of my interviewers (the former dean of admissions) I would hear back by that Friday (March 13). COVID-19 significantly ramped up the next day or two so I understand there is some delay, but in general how long did it take to receive your outcomes?

anyone know if they're still sending out interview invites?

First time applicant, interviewed March 11. Was told by one of my interviewers (the former dean of admissions) I would hear back by that Friday (March 13). COVID-19 significantly ramped up the next day or two so I understand there is some delay, but in general how long did it take to receive your outcomes?
I’m in the same boat.

anyone else completely ghosted by this school like not even getting those promo emails anymore lmao

Reactions: 4 users
anyone else completely ghosted by this school like not even getting those promo emails anymore lmao

Saaaame. I think they’re done giving out IIs tho when I called the lady said IIs offered until mid March for interviews until mid April