WWho Let the Dogs Out? - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pippy being wolf is a difficult scenario because she likes to powerwolf (and even strongly supported powerwolfing in her Afterparty game) and try to rally village to her side... and she posted a lot in this thread already.
NAI.

But what I'm struggling to understand is why would she openly fish for breeds to puzzle things together? I know this sounds WIFOMy but that sounds like a complicated and indirect dumb and selfish way to get power roles?
ftfy

Also there's a possibility that wolves are aware Pippy is a smart, stylish and skilled blundering idiot villager to deal with who is an easy, attractive lynch target at end game and could be using her breed tinfoil theories to coordinate their kills accordingly and make her look bad?
ftfy...although the end of this is almost exactly what I think is happening.

I feel like meats may have had a bit of a Freudian slip
I'll explain more tomorrow when I'm more coherent, but it's quoted in that flip out I had earlier
I was referring to when she said the thing about me supposedly knowing that it was "dangerous" for me to put my own role on the thread. It makes me think that SHE knows it is dangerous to put role info on the thread...or she wants people to THINK it is dangerous to put role info on the thread. Could honestly go either way on that one, although I'm leaning towards the former because they killed Lawper and not me last night and I think we were both pretty equally cleared after going after MJ. [Edit: thought about it more, could go either way.] But on that note...

No on role revealed before N2. Since then they've had all of Pip's reveals to go off of if that is in fact the way they get their extra kill :thinking:
Yes, it looks like gebes role revealed to their group PM N1. So johnaboo would have known their role for a two kill night N2
I feel like the following explanations are possibilities:

- Coop (and Meats, kind of) is correct and the mechanism requires a role reveal on the thread --> accounts for N2 gap

- Lawp is correct and wolves chose their targets based on this theory they came up with --> see a much earlier post I made about wondering where Meats's prodigious strategic thinking energy is going, if it's not going into wolf hunting :rolleyes:. Note that in this scenario, I think Meats may have gotten auto-converted N2 or something (so, also accounts for N2 gap)

- Both are correct: I generated the conversation that fed wolves the info they needed to unlock a kill, and rather than being "vexed" by it, they were actually thrilled and kept me around as a sacrificial lamb. --> This option requires that they put something about the mechanism on the thread to truly screw me over...which would also mean that people would stop sharing their role info and therefore it would mean bye-bye fun times for the woofs. If you read back, you'll note that it took Meats a few days to "gather her thoughts"...which could have been an intentional delay to keep the info off the thread until it was no longer needed, because they have me locked down as a kill option tonight.

You're completely skipping the part where I said this is consistent across village and wolf players. Like I said, it's vexing
Yes, I'm sure it is.

Forgive me if I'm not brimming with sympathy.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! I'm working on it. Mr. Cheese went missing twice in the last 12 hours and finding his dumb ass took priority for me over this thread (he has been found...twice, btw).
Aww I’m sorry about cheese :( I feel you. This is only my second time checking this thread today because I’m at the ER again with bun bun. Glad you found him!

Reactions: 1 users
NAI.

ftfy

I was referring to when she said the thing about me supposedly knowing that it was "dangerous" for me to put my own role on the thread. It makes me think that SHE knows it is dangerous to put role info on the thread...or she wants people to THINK it is dangerous to put role info on the thread. Could honestly go either way on that one, although I'm leaning towards the former because they killed Lawper and not me last night, and I think we were both pretty equally cleared after going after MJ. But on that note...

- Coop (and Meats, kind of) is correct and the mechanism requires a role reveal on the thread --> accounts for N2 gap

- Lawp is correct and wolves chose their targets based on this theory they came up with --> see a much earlier post I made about wondering where Meats's prodigious strategic thinking energy is going, if it's not going into wolf hunting :rolleyes:. Note that in this scenario, I think Meats may have gotten auto-converted N2 or something (so, also accounts for N2 gap)

- Both are correct: I generated the conversation that fed wolves the info they needed to unlock a kill, and rather than being "vexed" by it, they were actually thrilled and kept me around as a sacrificial lamb. --> This option requires that they put something about the mechanism on the thread to truly screw me over...which would also mean that people would stop sharing their role info and therefore it would mean bye-bye fun times for the woofs. If you read back, you'll note that it took Meats a few days to "gather her thoughts"...which could have been an intentional delay to keep the info off the thread until it was no longer needed, because they have me locked down as a kill option tonight.

Yes, I'm sure it is.

:eyebrow:
So I'm an auto convert now? Who's been waiting for days to pin you by figuring out what in retrospect looks like a pretty obvious mechanism? That you were convinced was related to something about AKC groups of the people killed and apparently couldn't figure out yourself?

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re both being so aggressive with each other, I just feel like one of you has to be trying to frame the other.

Looks like everyone is peaced out though, which is lame. Can people come back to discuss please lol

Reactions: 1 user
You’re both being so aggressive with each other, I just feel like one of you has to be trying to frame the other.

Looks like everyone is peaced out though, which is lame. Can people come back to discuss please lol
It's probably not a wise idea to leave us alone at end game together haha.

Wait, can we actually talk for a second about pippy rubbing things in my face, because she's done that to me several times before when she was a wolf. I mean honestly, her being over the top is completely par for the course in her wolf play
Yup, I almost commented on that myself, actually haha.

On the flipside: I think you REALLY do not like it when you play a well thought-out gambit, and it doesn't work as intended. And let's be real -- I think you would looooove it if you pulled off a long con where you could profit off of my foolhardy actions and then hang me with my own messily-tied rope.

Hi! I'm working on it. Mr. Cheese went missing twice in the last 12 hours and finding his dumb ass took priority for me over this thread (he has been found...twice, btw).
Oh no!!! Mr. Cheese, that is extra bad!

NAI.

ftfy

I was referring to when she said the thing about me supposedly knowing that it was "dangerous" for me to put my own role on the thread. It makes me think that SHE knows it is dangerous to put role info on the thread...or she wants people to THINK it is dangerous to put role info on the thread. Could honestly go either way on that one, although I'm leaning towards the former because they killed Lawper and not me last night and I think we were both pretty equally cleared after going after MJ. [Edit: thought about it more, could go either way.] But on that note...

Yes, I'm sure it is.

This sounds so ridiculous typed out. Almost makes me want to switch off meats

In the mean time ***unlynch VMH***

Members don't see this ad :)
:cryi:

Wait, can we actually talk for a second about pippy rubbing things in my face, because she's done that to me several times before when she was a wolf. I mean honestly, her being over the top is completely par for the course in her wolf play

Yeah, I realized I was kind of an idiot for assuming pippy wouldn’t do this. And also, pippy would be far more likely to have some master plan with MJ than beags to gain villager cred l

Does it? What about your early conversion theory?

I think I want her list first
That everyone **** on? Lol

I still think it happened early. And I also want VMH list to verify what she’s saying.

Dude I'm literally waiting to board for a six hour flight, you can beg all you want I won't be here :p.
Well damn lol

Hopefully the other two can come back around.

So, this is kind of a fun thing, though.

I had an item last night that would let me play tug-of-war with someone to steal their ability

I tried to steal from meats

It failed.

Could be RNG...but also could be because she has a kill ability in addition to that tracker role.

Why does that matter with conversion though?
She’d probably have lost her ability if she was? So we should be able to verify if no one has been approached that she says she has looked into the last few days

I had an item last night that would let me play tug-of-war with someone to steal their ability

It failed.

Could be RNG...but also could be because she has a kill ability in addition to that tracker role.
Interesting but also never heard of this item before

It failed.

But if she’s our convert, she shouldn’t be able to track anymore, right? I feel like when I’ve been converted or converted others, original ability was lost. So would she really have both still?

I think her list should help us verify some things

The ****? Since when does that happen?
I’ve definitely lost an original ability when I’ve been converted. Is it really not that common?

That’s why I want her list too

For my own edification

N1 - track Caiter - did not see her doing anything
N2 - track Beags - did not see her doing anything
N3 - track sporty - played with caiter (likely opened a PM)
N4 - track cray - nada
N5 - track zig - nada
N6 - track matty - nada
N7 - track MJ - night canceled by Allie
N8 - track beagle - playing with Barkley
N9 - track pippy - couldn't seem to find

Here's my target list and results. Not sure what to make of the attempted pippy track

But if she’s our convert, she shouldn’t be able to track anymore, right? I feel like when I’ve been converted or converted others, original ability was lost. So would she really have both still?

I think her list should help us verify some things
Yup, that is what I am hoping.

And good point on the role removal or change. What if she got a kill ability in exchange :whistle:

For my own edification

N4 - track cray - nada
N5 - track zig - nada
N6 - track matty - nada

Here's my target list and results. Not sure what to make of the attempted pippy track
Also, "for my own edification" was how I had titled this in my role pm so I could CTRL + F my results list later since I talk a lot in my role PM lol

For my own edification

N4 - track cray - nada
N5 - track zig - nada
N6 - track matty - nada

Oh boy @Barkley13 was approached I thought and she isn't on this list. @Barkley13 am I mistaken?

For my own edification

N4 - track cray - nada
N5 - track zig - nada
N6 - track matty - nada

I did not get a PM I was approached N1.
Pippy did you get one last night?

K anyone ever heard of this item? At all? Ever
N8
Holy cow! You found a tug toy on the ground! Challenge a player to a friendly game of tug of war. (You steal the player's ability for use the next night if you win the tug of war).

N9
You play a game of tug of war with Meats, but lose. Womp.

N8
Holy cow! You found a tug toy on the ground! Challenge a player to a friendly game of tug of war. (You steal the player's ability for use the next night if you win the tug of war).

N9
You play a game of tug of war with Meats, but lose. Womp.
It literally says you might lose. I don't think this is indicative of affiliation

Yup, I almost commented on that myself, actually haha.

On the flipside: I think you REALLY do not like it when you play a well thought-out gambit, and it doesn't work as intended. And let's be real -- I think you would looooove it if you pulled off a long con where you could profit off of my foolhardy actions and then hang me with my own messily-tied rope.

Oh no!!! Mr. Cheese, that is extra bad!
It's making me laugh that you think I'm the "grand strategy" type. I hope we can wolf together someday so you can witness the level of ****ery attain when I wolf lol

It failed.

Well now I just have even more questions

Any idea where this item came from?

It failed.

This item definitely exists

Reactions: 2 users