Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Santygrass
samac

2/6 town reads

(I hope bolding colored text like this isn't mistaken for votes, it's just a bit difficult to see otherwise)
You getting town reads so fast scares me a bit
But I also want to village read you for it since I’m there. Stay away from my pockets, pls.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Empire @samac

You’ve just made opposed reads on the same Truenamer content. What are upur impressions of this INCIDENT?
And what are your impressions on said post ?

Personally at the time I nodded a little with True argument of maybe still being in mod mindset, but samac's counterpoint of the time and stuff retires that nodding from myself

You getting town reads so fast scares me a bit
But I also want to village read you for it since I’m there. Stay away from my pockets, pls.
I understand. I get that a lot.

This is my mode though. I think I am pretty good at seeing town, especially in the earliest stages of play, and it decreases the urgency for me to immediately find mafia (something I can do decently, but with less consistency). I believe in me!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
And what are your impressions on said post ?

Personally at the time I nodded a little with True argument of maybe still being in mod mindset, but samac's counterpoint of the time and stuff retires that nodding from myself
I squinted a tiny bit at Truenamer's "still in mod mode" response. I've not heard that one before. I don't react with the severity samac displayed though.

On the flip side I might say it's believable for someone in True's shoes (heh) to see you and I enter this thread as relative newcomers and eat it up, particularly with me tossing a town read on you quickly. The paranoia is natural and predictable.

I'm undecided. I eagerly await more True posts to fill me with inspiration.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Also idk who Empire is cuz they are using a different name, I have maybe s guess, but I dont want to know who they are and guess it when they post more.

TheGameInTheGame

Of course the second I actually have to put my tech away is right when everyone shows up 😂

• Care
I have a third not quite a town read but kind of similar to a town read or trending in the direction of a town read without the confidence necessary to just color their name green and scare everyone even more read. Anyone want to have a guess at who that is?

Also, quick unrelated note: I don't know everyone's preferred pronouns and will often default to "they/them". If any of you prefers something else, please let me know.

I have a third not quite a town read but kind of similar to a town read or trending in the direction of a town read without the confidence necessary to just color their name green and scare everyone even more read. Anyone want to have a guess at who that is?

Also, quick unrelated note: I don't know everyone's preferred pronouns and will often default to "they/them". If any of you prefers something else, please let me know.
When I have a read like that I say that they are towncore. It usually goes well 🥳

This is real weird tho not playing with either Zenge or Dubz.
I’m going to have to heckle the new people.

If it’s empire with his 4 posts I’m running away from you

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
It is obviously @genny . That is a towny looking avatar for sure, so JJJ having a townread there is the only possible conclussion

• Haha
It's a complete vibe, so nothing I am going to stand on yet. But vibes are vibes! It's not Empire though.

~mysterious~

• Haha
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Wants to guess cuz feels that has the right answer but also wants to someone else to guess what he thinks.

(Skill Issue)

• Haha
A bit tricky when the majority of the content is you, Santy, and April; a healthy chunk of the roster hasn't yet reported in.

One could argue that the firm stances you and Santy have taken look like an attempt to corner village credibility and establish yourselves as the defacto town core before you've reasonably had a chance to gain anything like that level of credibility in this game.

You powerwolfing?
Wow okay

• Hmm
  • Care

Is it me?

Is it me?
yes
There's something about your vibe that agrees with me, in that you respond with brevity and frankness to things in a way that promotes great tone. I am inclined to be careful with a read like that though, because I don't know Animal Midwife well enough to be relying on plain tone reads

• Care
yes
There's something about your vibe that agrees with me, in that you respond with brevity and frankness to things in a way that promotes great tone. I am inclined to be careful with a read like that though, because I don't know Animal Midwife well enough to be relying on plain tone reads
Do be careful with AM. Her brevity is NAI, but I can only wolf read her based on her tone really, which frustrates her but I find delightful.

When she gets a wolf out she can usually be comfortably in the towncore unless mechanics made it obvious.

• Angry
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Santygrass
samac

2/6 town reads

(I hope bolding colored text like this isn't mistaken for votes, it's just a bit difficult to see otherwise)
That part is fine.

Just keep in mind that Black Text ≠ No Color Text. That part is not good for the dark mode people.
1664294442185.png

Reactions: 2 users
That part is fine.

Just keep in mind that Black Text ≠ No Color Text. That part is not good for the dark mode people.
That's why light mode = right mode.

Let's see how many angery reacts this adds to my collection :heckyeah:

• Love
  • Angry
  • Okay...
Reactions: 6 users
I know Truenamer, claiming “mod brain” sounded reallllll weird.
I kinda brushed over it but now I'm intrigued since you've played with him more than me and the new people. How did you feel about his response when asked if people usually read his tone wolfy regardless of aff? It rubbed me the wrong way just a little but I can't figure out exactly why

• Hmm
Why did you cares this @Truenamer?
Because when I made the post you were reacting to I had the thought "I bet AM will be upset that I don't list her name here"

But I just wanted to list the three folks who were taking up my primary mental space for the discussion at that point.

Though I don't 100% understand why, yes, there are a number of players who pretty consistently wolfread me (especially my more joking/less content-focused posts).

I've never been misyeeten (knock on wood) but there have certainly been some close calls.
Here's the post that made me feel funny.

It's something about the "Though I don't 100% understand why"

I guess because he's played many games where he gets heavily wolf tone read and people call out exactly what makes them feel uneasy so it just sounds funny to say "I don't understand"

I kinda brushed over it but now I'm intrigued since you've played with him more than me and the new people. How did you feel about his response when asked if people usually read his tone wolfy regardless of aff? It rubbed me the wrong way just a little but I can't figure out exactly why
Hm

This reminds me of how I'll send out feelers / seek permission to make pushes from villagers when I'm wolfing.

Just making a mental note.

• Hmm
  • Okay...

I guess because he's played many games where he gets heavily wolf tone read and people call out exactly what makes them feel uneasy so it just sounds funny to say "I don't understand"
April, if I understood why people wolf read me when I'm village, why wouldn't I attempt to alter that behavior? It would be anti-village not to.

• Care
Because when I made the post you were reacting to I had the thought "I bet AM will be upset that I don't list her name here"

But I just wanted to list the three folks who were taking up my primary mental space for the discussion at that point.
Is there a reason I wasn't in your mental space?

• Care
April, if I understood why people wolf read me when I'm village, why wouldn't I attempt to alter that behavior? It would be anti-village not to.
No, not necessarily. As village, I get pushed a lot for being too hedgy, calling things NAI, and defending people who I'm tone reading village. Heck I've already been called out in this game for calling stuff NAI. I know why I get misyeeted. But I don't change my game play because this is who I am and this is my thought process and forcing myself to fake my language would be unnatural

Is there a reason I wasn't in your mental space?
The discussion that I was responding to seemed to revolve around those three from what I had skimmed. I knew that you had posted but it seemed to be more of a verification of a previous point, along with your traditional "Entering the thread" vote.

The discussion that I was responding to seemed to revolve around those three from what I had skimmed. I knew that you had posted but it seemed to be more of a verification of a previous point, along with your traditional "Entering the thread" vote.
I said more than just that.

do you think he'd contrive the lack of understanding for this game? i get that you find it unnatural, but what's in it for him to to...feign not knowing why he gets wolf read on tone?

What sold you?
She has a particular unshakable obtuseness that I have only personally seen from village!AM. It's more than just a tone thing, it's how she responds to responses.

It's not a lock read or god read or anything, but if she's not a villager I will be very surprised and need to fully reevaluate how I read her.

She has a particular unshakable obtuseness that I have only personally seen from village!AM. It's more than just a tone thing, it's how she responds to responses.

It's not a lock read or god read or anything, but if she's not a villager I will be very surprised and need to fully reevaluate how I read her.
I don't really understand how my response was obtuse.

• Haha
  • Care

Debating "obtuseness" aside, how do you feel about this read @Animal Midwife? Is this a read you have seen before (from Truenamer in particular), or is it something new?

Being very hung up on the idea that you weren't included in a brief, incomplete list of players.
I mean, I was the only other person who posted anything beyond a brief hello.

Last edited:
Hm

This reminds me of how I'll send out feelers / seek permission to make pushes from villagers when I'm wolfing.

Just making a mental note.

This is talking about my post right?

Can you relook at how I interacted with your slot and elaborate if you think its an accurate description?

Animal Midwife
Aprilthearab
Clem J
Empire
genny
JaggedJimmyJay
NateTheLesser
potentialsheltervet
samac
Santygrass
SportPonies
Truenamer

Just making myself some links to individual player post histories for ease of reference.
*Slowly bookmarks it*

He says it almost every game and I'm never sure if he's joking or not.
I say it every game that you're a villager (so far)

Definitely with some humor, partially because I never quite trust myself to be right.

Also I'm at work rn, so my level of activity can be... Very random