Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also since I signed up I was thinking of a meme song as goated as Pony Salvaje realted to clocks but couldnt think of one. I feel like a failure, but at the same time I think that Pony Salvaje is unmatched
I went Googling for "time puns" to see if I could quickly craft something worthwhile for you. The first thing I saw was "I heard a funny joke tomorrow", and I was so upset I hit the X immediately. I'm afraid you're on your own.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Have you played with True before? IMO, and the opinion of many others who have played multiple games with him, he just kind of always sounds wolfy regardless of aff with more general talk than direct interaction, which is what you're noticing here. I haven't played in a while so I can't remember if I ever picked up on any way to tell wolfy-village-true from actual-wolfy true. A good thing to keep an eye on either way
Insights appreciated!

Do you believe that Truenamer comes across as wolfy so far in this game (even if you're not sure what the implication is)?

Tbh maybe I throw many flowers into myself, but usually Im good at reading slots that are wolf read for how their playstyle is. (Other times I get super pocketed too) , but I think the vital part is picking into their head and figuring out their approach mostly, and not in like 'are our views similar' and more like 'Are they approaching the game in what they do think is a towny way?' searching for consistency and that stuff.

So rn its more that I feel a lack of True being here in thread/involved, and me wanting to have more of them ig. But def will take into account what you said

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Insights appreciated!

Do you believe that Truenamer comes across as wolfy so far in this game (even if you're not sure what the implication is)?
Comes across as wolfy, yes. Whether or not that actually means he's a wolf, no idea. For the majority of True's posts in all games, I read them and go "Wow, that's wolfy. Oh, wait, True posted this. Okay carry on" and it's applied to this game so far too.

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Comes across as wolfy, yes. Whether or not that actually means he's a wolf, no idea. For the majority of True's posts in all games, I read them and go "Wow, that's wolfy. Oh, wait, True posted this. Okay carry on" and it's applied to this game so far too.
If only you could see me thoughtfully scratching my beard!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
@Truenamer do you feel like this is an accurate representation of how most of the players read your posts, or specific to April/some players?

Reactions: 1 user
Impossible challenge to self: don't get pocketed by reaction emojis

:oops:

• Haha
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Thats why Cray pocketed me so hard the previous game, I just KNEW where they in their catch up for the like notification of my posts . And there were so many of them!

But yeah, reactions GOAT

• Wow
*Checks reactions*
Oh AM is also here wowee.

Any thoughts on April / True ?

*Also checks the clock*

Wow, My alarm is going to ring in less than 5 hours. Thats nice. If I dont go to sleep soon yell at me tbh

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just the emphasis that True's posts are NAI (going as far to say others would agree with her) in response to a single vote.
I think “mildly interesting” is apt. I also found that precise thing mildly interesting.

Thanks for your time, Animal Midwife.

Oh, we're going! I don't play closed setups very often and have never played with open nights, so this should be fun.

It's late and I need to sleep, so I'll do my catchup in the morning.

• Care
Day 1: (it’s too early for this/Is it TTime to Start a Tally?) Tally

PSV (1) - AM
April (1) - JJJ
True (1) - Santy

3/12

Missing: not ten

Vote closes at 9pm CDT WEDNESDAY (NOT TODAY!) (~40.25 hours?)

1664271077899.jpeg

I woke up today and chose 💫depravity💫

Also I skipped class wowee

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry
@Truenamer do you feel like this is an accurate representation of how most of the players read your posts, or specific to April/some players?
Though I don't 100% understand why, yes, there are a number of players who pretty consistently wolfread me (especially my more joking/less content-focused posts).

I've never been misyeeten (knock on wood) but there have certainly been some close calls.

• Care
refreshes in the middle of parasitology
sad april noises

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Care
Though I don't 100% understand why, yes, there are a number of players who pretty consistently wolfread me (especially my more joking/less content-focused posts).

I've never been misyeeten (knock on wood) but there have certainly been some close calls.
So Yeeting you is win-win .

If you arent town, we have one good yeet.
If you are town, we add a little spice in your resume of WW

• Haha
  • Love
  • Angry
Also I dont understand this whole interaction. Wowee
Not much to it, really. I wanted AM to expand on their assertion about April and they did. It was all mildly interesting.

• Haha
So Yeeting you is win-win .

If you arent town, we have one good yeet.
If you are town, we add a little spice in your resume of WW
If you mess up my perfect record it will be the last wow you ever wee 😤

On a serious note, it's actually pretty reasonable that you felt like my first few posts seemed a bit disconnected from the game- I was a mod in the previous game and haven't quite shaken off that perspective.

• Haha
  • Hmm

On a serious note, it's actually pretty reasonable that you felt like my first few posts seemed a bit disconnected from the game- I was a mod in the previous game and haven't quite shaken off that perspective.
What is the mod perspective you’re referring to, and how does it apply to your first few posts?

What is the mod perspective you’re referring to, and how does it apply to your first few posts?
Just feeling a little detached from the actual gameplay.

Mod!True is not worried about the teams, he's worried about everyone having fun and feeling engaged and getting along.

• Care
  • Hmm
I desire more town reads.

I will award three (3) town points to the next player who engages in any form of hunting. Take them while they’re hot!

• Love
  • Wow
I desire more town reads.

I will award three (3) town points to the next player who engages in any form of hunting. Take them while they’re hot!
A bit tricky when the majority of the content is you, Santy, and April; a healthy chunk of the roster hasn't yet reported in.

One could argue that the firm stances you and Santy have taken look like an attempt to corner village credibility and establish yourselves as the defacto town core before you've reasonably had a chance to gain anything like that level of credibility in this game.

You powerwolfing?

• Hmm
A bit tricky when the majority of the content is you, Santy, and April; a healthy chunk of the roster hasn't yet reported in.

One could argue that the firm stances you and Santy have taken look like an attempt to corner village credibility and establish yourselves as the defacto town core before you've reasonably had a chance to gain anything like that level of credibility in this game.

You powerwolfing?
Nope! I’m just a brave little toaster. I believe it is never too early to start building a cohesive town, and Santy’s opening content has struck me the right way — enthusiastically pushing the thread forward and creating hunting lanes. My only real stance right now is that he is a town read.

You opened that statement with “one could argue”. Do you argue?

Nope! I’m just a brave little toaster. I believe it is never too early to start building a cohesive town, and Santy’s opening content has struck me the right way — enthusiastically pushing the thread forward and creating hunting lanes. My only real stance right now is that he is a town read.

You opened that statement with “one could argue”. Do you argue?
I'm not sure if I argue yet. I've found that making judgements too quickly on D1 is not a good strategy for me, personally. Leads me to coloring my reads too much in unhelpful ways.

But the fact that the two of you rolled into thread and were both immediately chummy and working to establish yourselves as the town core is very much something I'm keeping in mind.

• Hmm
I'm not sure if I argue yet. I've found that making judgements too quickly on D1 is not a good strategy for me, personally. Leads me to coloring my reads too much in unhelpful ways.

But the fact that the two of you rolled into thread and were both immediately chummy and working to establish yourselves as the town core is very much something I'm keeping in mind.
Duly noted. Take your time and do your thing. I tend to move very fast; I understand not everyone is so inclined.

• Haha
  • Care

You powerwolfing?

these posts are precious. they are townie.

april seems fine.

• Hmm
  • Care
Alright alright alright
My morning has been a **** show and I didn’t get to **** talk as much as I wanted this morning.

Rules Including Participation Requirements
1. Most importantly: this is a game and is meant to be fun. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Players resorting to personal attacks will be removed from gameplay without warning. NO EXCEPTIONS, AND NO SUBS FOR MODKILLED PLAYERS.
Examples of behavior we do not tolerate: name calling (e.g. “Zenges is being a b****”), calling other players’ play poor/bad/subpar, or personal attacks. Please note that calling someone a wolf or wolfy is not a personal attack.

2. Voting will close at 9 PM Central (10 PM East/7PM Pacific). Night will close at 9 AM Central or earlier if all submissions are received.

3. Do not discuss the game outside of the thread or your role PM.

4. Players must make 10 content posts per 36/12 cycle/5 content posts per 12/12 cycle to avoid mod wrath. Naked yeet votes do not count as content posts.

5. Dead players: please keep your on-thread posts to a minimum, and if you do post, please do so in ******stars******. Please do not react to strategy posts in the game once you are dead. Same goes for tots and subs - please do not react to strategy posts at all.

6. Ties will be resolved through...mechanics.

7. Please do not quote, screenshot, or copy/paste from your mod PM. Please don’t fake quotes, screenshots, or copy/pastes from a mod PM either.

8. Editing posts is permitted, but do not delete them. Remember to unvote if you are changing your vote.

9. Votes must be formatted in bold or #########surrounded by octothorpes#########. Please make the mods’ lives easier by not hiding your vote in a wall of text.

10. Do not discuss or share night results before the night write-up is posted. Strategizing between vote closing and write up is permitted, including for the person voted out.

11. If you require a sub due to unavoidable circumstances, please contact the mod (me/KD) in your role PM, and do not discuss it on the thread.

12. Gifs are welcomed, and encouraged, but please hide them in spoiler tags. If you don’t know how to use spoilers, ask.

13. A note about role reveals - Most or all of the following statements are true about this game: I have given roles you would expect to be protagonists to both village and scum. I have given roles you would expect to be antagonists to both village and scum. I have given scum cover roles, and they have literally thousands of literary works of fiction to make up their own cover roles if they choose to. Finally, some players, have not yet been given their roles at all, because, much like when reading a book, some characters, while they exist in the world, only show up a few chapters into the book. Point being, trying to game solve via role reveals will be an effort in futility and frustration. Don't do it.
I am confused.
Are people actually not getting roles again or did you just copy and paste from literary and not read it?
I enjoy that the introduction of new players is like shaking a box full of beetles.

Tells you a lot about the beetles.

I see why everyone likes the annual Noob Game so much.
These guys aren’t noobs, though.
To give my 2 cents in april. I actually think that saying 'first' and being oending on thread opening, to then not be there camping usually is more town indicative.
Would be maybe Wolfu indicative if they get frozen on interactions? But the way they replied lately and the time stuff I think it checks up the approach in my head.

The initial reply to JJJ vote was kinda not so towny in my book, like a self councious one. But they didnt react that way to my vote , so I kinda backed off of the read of being a wolfy type of self concious.

Truenamer I think showed being here but I think its addressing the thread in their few post with almost an outsider perspective, I had to check up they werent modding this time to make sure
I would not put any stock in first.
I like this post

I hate this post. A lot.
It’s been a little while since the last game ended and this one started no? Seems like plenty of time to shake it off.
Just feeling a little detached from the actual gameplay.

Mod!True is not worried about the teams, he's worried about everyone having fun and feeling engaged and getting along.
I hate this post too because this isn’t a problem you’ve had before and saying you’re detached from the teams makes me eye twitch.

I disagree, sometimes snap reads on day 1 are just what I need.

And I’mma see what happens if I do dis

yeet true

This is gonna be interesting.

All these new faces to SDN that aren’t new players. So I have no meta but they’re also not noobs, so I’m not going to catch a noob wolf.
There’s 5 of them all from other sites yes?
I’m sure all the wolves aren’t SDN locals.

• Love
samac’s burning flame belongs on a torch at the gates of Valhalla.

That’s not say samac should die. Rather, it infuses me with the honor and power of their ancestors. I am pleased.

• Okay...
about me for the regulars here: i've been playing mafia/ww since 2010, although i took a long break for a few yaers in the middle. i've played a lot, primarily on epicmafia, mafiascum, and mafia universe. i don't keep track, but probably have 200+ forum games completed? of the people here, i have the most experience with clem and santygrass. i have technically played one game with jjj, but it was a large anonymous turbo on MU, which doesn't really count as you don't associate a username with a person and it's too fast and chaotic to have meaningful interaction. I have technically occupied the same gamespace as AM a couple times but we also did not interact. i know of nate's existence.

• Love
samac’s burning flame belongs on a torch at the gates of Valhalla.

That’s not say samac should die. Rather, it infuses me with the honor and power of their ancestors. I am pleased.
*in b4 Sporty’s angries*

One thing you must know about me is when I take the keys to the blocc and run away. You can’t say those things to me this early, I’ll get big headed.

• Okay...
  • Haha
  • Wow
@Empire @samac

You’ve just made opposed reads on the same Truenamer content. What are upur impressions of this INCIDENT?

@Empire @samac

You’ve just made opposed reads on the same Truenamer content. What are upur impressions of this INCIDENT?
I know Truenamer, claiming “mod brain” sounded reallllll weird.
it feels a liiiittle nitpicky from samac but being that it's page 2 that's expected par for the course and i don't think much of it
I don’t think it was nit picky at all. I think it was a genuine strange thing to say when the last game ended 2 weeks ago and he hasn’t been modding anything since.

Santygrass
samac

2/6 town reads

(I hope bolding colored text like this isn't mistaken for votes, it's just a bit difficult to see otherwise)