RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just want to say that I am so happy for @Ashgirl who got engaged today!!!!(yes for realz, not April fools)
Thank you!!!! :love:

GUYS I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Reactions: 31 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I've seen you guys rave about halo top for a while and mentioned it to a classmate who is always trying to eat as much protein as possible. She said she never tried it because of the high fiber content, then she told me it also contains a sugar alcohol and those do NOT agree with my GI tract, so glad I didn't just decide to buy some.
I wish it had a better texture. I love the way the lemon one tastes, but they are all so powdery/gritty that it's hard to get past it.

I wish it had a better texture. I love the way the lemon one tastes, but they are all so powdery/gritty that it's hard to get past it.
I let it melt for a considerable time. Aka I microwave it for 25 seconds and stir it, a lot. It isn't my favorite ice cream (Blue Bell all the way) but for like 300 calories for the entire pint, it's pretty dang good.
I was always pretty impressed by the selection in that tiny little store. One of my favorite places in Stilly.
I had never seen it before! I was impressed as well (granted I skipped right to the ice cream section). I can definitely see myself going back!

Reactions: 1 users
Deeeeefinitely have to let it soften for a while and stir it. Like cdo said, it's not my #1 ice cream, but for about 300 cal for the whole pint, I'll take it

Reactions: 3 users
Deeeeefinitely have to let it soften for a while and stir it. Like cdo said, it's not my #1 ice cream, but for about 300 cal for the whole pint, I'll take it
Good tip, I'll have to try it again

I recommend microwaving it! I'd been letting it soften, but microwaving brings out an even better texture. :D

Reactions: 1 user
Weekends after pay days are the best, especially during rabbit-themed decoration season.

Members don't see this ad :)
THATS WHY I THINK IT TASTES LIKE ****. I do not like coffee anything. I only took a teeny bite of the base of the cookie dough and it was gross to me but that being the base flavor explains it a lot more...
Example #394 of how you continue to be me.

Also glad that I did not go for the cookie dough flavor when I was grocery shopping today. Bought the chocolate Halo Top and we'll see how I feel about this later tonight.

@SkiOtter @nohika @Gwenevre
I went to a different grocery store for something completely different and found the biggest variety of flavors yet...plus it was on sale ($2 off!). Smore's is kinda gross. Not sure how I feel about oatmeal cookie...it's a tiny bit cinammon-y and I don't know how I feel about that in ice cream.

Example #394 of how you continue to be me.

Also glad that I did not go for the cookie dough flavor when I was grocery shopping today. Bought the chocolate Halo Top and we'll see how I feel about this later tonight.
I like the chocolate!! Gotta nuke it in the microwave for like 25 seconds and stir it and its a lovely consistency. cdo didnt like the flavor for unknown reasons, but i thought it tasted not weird?

I like the chocolate!! Gotta nuke it in the microwave for like 25 seconds and stir it and its a lovely consistency. cdo didnt like the flavor for unknown reasons, but i thought it tasted not weird?

This is always the thought I look for when trying food... "oh, that tastes not weird".. exactly what I'm looking for! ;)

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't like the chocolate flavor, but I really liked the birthday cake!!

SO excited and happy for you, @Ashgirl!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Roomie works at a running shop near the house. Didn't necessarily need new clothing but employees were getting 50% off the whole store today. Bought over $300 worth of things for $145.

Last edited:
@SkiOtter @nohika @Gwenevre
I went to a different grocery store for something completely different and found the biggest variety of flavors yet...plus it was on sale ($2 off!). Smore's is kinda gross. Not sure how I feel about oatmeal cookie...it's a tiny bit cinammon-y and I don't know how I feel about that in ice cream.

Yeah, not crazy about s'mores. Tastes just okay but grittier I thought.

Having Star Wars shaped macaroni and cheese for lupper.

It's the little things.

Reactions: 7 users
It's National Public Health Week!

(I really wish my work would do more interesting employee engagement activities/ employee appreciation events. We get to wear jeans all week and pay $9 for a catered lunch tomorrow in celebration of NPHW. Wild bunch.)

Done with stupid stupid book 3 and sent it to my editor, even though I hate the ending.

At least I can (temporarily) wipe my hands of it. Fly away, book! Fly away!

Reactions: 8 users
Done with stupid stupid book 3 and sent it to my editor, even though I hate the ending.

At least I can (temporarily) wipe my hands of it. Fly away, book! Fly away!
Just kill everyone. That'd be a good ending, right? :heckyeah:

GUYS, I found Sea Salt Caramel Halo Top. The little spoonful of melted caramel in there is SOOO GOOD

So I drove completely out of the way on my way home today, specifically to buy some peanut butter cup halo top. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED AND ITS MY NEW FAVORITE.

Just signed a lease for a duplex for the last two years! I'll be on my own for the first time. I'm kind of bummed about having to spend more (we couldn't find someone to replace my roommate that is leaving and my other roommate wants to get a dog...I already have four animals, it wasn't going to work), but I think I might enjoy having a place to myself. It was one of the cheaper places to live alone though, and I'll actually have a two bedroom, so my rabbit can get his own room :laugh:

Reactions: 16 users
Just signed a lease for a duplex for the last two years! I'll be on my own for the first time. I'm kind of bummed about having to spend more (we couldn't find someone to replace my roommate that is leaving and my other roommate wants to get a dog...I already have four animals, it wasn't going to work), but I think I might enjoy having a place to myself. It was one of the cheaper places to live alone though, and I'll actually have a two bedroom, so my rabbit can get his own room :laugh:

I love living alone! I did it for 2 years in undergrad, it was amazing. I've had roommates this whole time in vet school so far, but will have my own place again in Knoxville for fourth year and I CANNOT wait! Everything is just so much easier haha

I love living alone! I did it for 2 years in undergrad, it was amazing. I've had roommates this whole time in vet school so far, but will have my own place again in Knoxville for fourth year and I CANNOT wait! Everything is just so much easier haha
I agree. I have had no real issues with my current roommates other than the fact that I really am the only person who bothers to clean anything, but no drama which is important. We also have all had our own bathrooms the last two years, so that eliminates a lot of irritation. My other roommate is actually going to rent in the same complex, so we plan on exchanging keys so we can help take care of each other's pets (especially come fourth year), so that will be helpful.

I'm just excited that I can guarantee I won't have to move again until I graduate. It's a lot for my boyfriend to come move all of this stuff with me.

Reactions: 6 users
Housemate got back today after 5 days away. I was surprised how much I missed him so it's nice to have him back.

That's how I knew I liked my now husband :D. I came back after Christmas break early because I missed him, which was stupid because he shouldn't have been there, but he came back early because he wanted to see me too :love:

Reactions: 7 users
I have distinctly always been a loner but have genuinely enjoyed living with B the past 2 years. It helps that we're strictly platonic and don't work together but we're both vets so we can sympathize. So I've got a geeky live in friend to babysit the cats when I go away, hug me when work sucks and regularly makes me bacon and eggs on the weekend.

Reactions: 11 users
I have distinctly always been a loner but have genuinely enjoyed living with B the past 2 years. It helps that we're strictly platonic and don't work together but we're both vets so we can sympathize. So I've got a geeky live in friend to babysit the cats when I go away, hug me when work sucks and regularly makes me bacon and eggs on the weekend.
That's an amazing rommie. Congrats

That really sounds like the perfect roomie situation. My SO and I have been living together for 3 years. We had a room mate at the beginning of our relationship but not since. If I move to Minnesota for veterinary school, he will initially stay behind in our (owned) home. I was thinking I would probably be living with room mates again for the sake of cheaper living expenses but as a fellow "loner", I am definitely wondering how I will adjust to room mates again.

Congrats on singular living! It's been the best decision of my life; I might be having to get roommates next year and I'm totally not looking forward to that.

Reactions: 2 users
GUYS, I found Sea Salt Caramel Halo Top. The little spoonful of melted caramel in there is SOOO GOOD
I saw how much they charge for that stuff tonight at the store and I am speechless haha. So much money for something not super tasty?? My frugal spirit is dying haha.

I'm going to put together my new bookshelf tonight. I'm really happy that it came so quickly. I ordered it off of Amazon Friday night and went with the free 5-8 day shipping so I wasn't really expecting it until next week. I haven't even cleaned the landing off upstairs where I'll be putting it.

I miss the apartment (really, townhouse) that I lived in during my last 1.5 years of undergrad. I'm also a loner, and lived with 2 roomies (3 in my final year!), but my room was the attic-connected one that was separated from the others, up some stairs and with its own full bathroom (other roomies shared the downstairs one). It. Was. Amazing. (especially after 2 years of dorm life). Pretty much my own personal cave, I could be as social-or-not as I wanted. Plus it was quite a steal, rent+utilities was about equal to the basic 2br apartments in that area, and the leaser (roomie's mom) allowed me to bring my cat. The only cons were that my room always got hot, and the complex was not on the bus routes for some reason--but it was right across from the bike trail, was about a mile from the vet school and another mile to main campus.

Reactions: 2 users
LOVE my new roomies and their pets... I've been here a month and it's been so amazing to live with actual adults who don't start drama every week. I also love being home, and not feeling like I have to hide in my room all of the time. They're both third year vet students and have the cutest dogs and cat (I get to have a cat again)! They give me amazing advice and I can't wait to be in clinics where they are now. I also couldn't be happier with our house... literally 1.5 miles from school, super cheap, and we have a yard - with LUSH, GREEN GRASS (crazy in AZ). Ugh. I'm just so happy here :arghh:

Unrelated rave: haven't eaten real ice cream in forever (froyo and halo top make me feel less fat) - but today, a friend and I went to the store and bought 6 pints of icecream and stuffed our faces in bed while watching Shrek. Much needed after tons of school stress this past week!

Reactions: 12 users
I'm totally not in the veterinary field but dang you guys are COOL. Mind if I hang out and enjoy reading about your awesome lives? Everything is so.....laid back here.

Also, love your obsession with Halo tops

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users