RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok, all you Halo Top people...when reading the ingredients list, and the nutrition label, it has sugar alcohols. Has anyone had any issue with those? tummy wise?
no issues for me. And I think ive eaten two and a quarter (half?) pints over the course of this week (whoops, no ragrets)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
no issues for me. And I think ive eaten two and a quarter (half?) pints over the course of this week (whoops, no ragrets)
I've...eaten four this week. :p No regrets.

No stomach problems. If anything, my stomach is doing better. :D

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, all you Halo Top people...when reading the ingredients list, and the nutrition label, it has sugar alcohols. Has anyone had any issue with those? tummy wise?
HaloTop is made with erythriol as the main sweetner, which has a glycemic index of zero. So it's pretty easy on tummies

Just got out of our third large animal anatomy exam and I think I've finally cracked anatomy and figured out a study method that works for me! Feeling surprisingly good about a test in this class for once and, according to the answer sheet going around, I actually didn't do too terribly badly... at least not compared to the two D-s I got on the previous exams! And the grades in my other classes are pretty high, too.

I know that this is kind of a lame rave, but after just barely evading being placed on academic probation last semester (finished with ~2.1) it is SO nice to finally feel somewhat confident and like I maybe can actually do this whole vet school thing after all. :)

Reactions: 20 users
Just got out of our third large animal anatomy exam and I think I've finally cracked anatomy and figured out a study method that works for me! Feeling surprisingly good about a test in this class for once and, according to the answer sheet going around, I actually didn't do too terribly badly... at least not compared to the two D-s I got on the previous exams! And the grades in my other classes are pretty high, too.

I know that this is kind of a lame rave, but after just barely evading being placed on academic probation last semester (finished with ~2.1) it is SO nice to finally feel somewhat confident and like I maybe can actually do this whole vet school thing after all. :)
Whoooo!! Not a lame rave. I raved about my behavior exam grade to @SkiOtter and you deserve to consider this a win too

Reactions: 3 users
So... I went 20 minutes out of my way to track down the only store here that sells Halo Top because I've heard so much about it. So, I got there, was overwhelmed by the flavor selections possible and panick bought all of them. Why am I like this???

Reactions: 10 users
So... I went 20 minutes out of my way to track down the only store here that sells Halo Top because I've heard so much about it. So, I got there, was overwhelmed by the flavor selections possible and panick bought all of them. Why am I like this???
Because you think smartly.

Now you have so much ice cream.

Sounds like what I'd do. I do that with clothes...ooh, I really like this shirt...buy all the colors of that style

Reactions: 5 users
Because you think smartly.

Now you have so much ice cream.
Hopefully it's actually good hahaha...
Sounds like what I'd do. I do that with clothes...ooh, I really like this shirt...buy all the colors of that style
apparently you're not supposed to do that? But I definitely have the exact same shirt in multiple different colors.

If you don't like it, I think there's a long list of people here that you could send it to. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
(I legit belly laughed at this)

I do this with Avia running shorts that have the spandex inner layer. I have like 7 pairs in all sorts of wild colors

According to a coworker I got "brownie points" today with my supervisor for noticing an extra bit of info labs were submitting incorrectly electronically. Basically, one large lab that submits thousands of positive tests for chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV, and syphilis was putting pregnancy status for female patients in a note instead of marking the appropriate boxes in the reporting system. That's not very important for what I do specifically (chlamydia and gonorrhea surveillance), but that is very important on the HIV and syphilis side of my program and for our CDC grants.

Yay for perfectionism! On the downside, this revelation has created a new data cleaning task for my coworker and me.

Update: I had the Chocolate Halo Top. I wasn't a fan, but I still ate the entire pint in one 18 minute sitting. Oops

Reactions: 8 users
Just bought a thing of halo top to satisfy my curiosity. Decided on Birthday Cake. Texture was really weird at first but creamier once melted. It's very light and airy though and I prefer rich and creamy. Once it melted to a frosty consistency it deflated to like half the amount...so I wouldn't really call it a whole pint. Overall, not bad, would try again, not my favorite.

My mom's birthday gift actually arrived on time, on her birthday! I ordered weeks in advanced and asked the company to delay shipping a little bit so that it would arrive around now. Long story short, they waited until Monday to ship and the customer service person I spoke to over the weekend said it would then take 7-10 days!! I was freaking out and so angry because I was promised it would arrive either on or by today. In other years, it mattered less when it arrived but this year is special, and I'm especially pleased that it arrived for her to receive today. It's a rose tree. For any other non-gree thumbs like myself, it means they take some roots and ship them to you haha. If you love cultivating rose trees, this is apparently part of the fun and joy of owning one because you get to watch it grow into something beautiful. Idk, maybe I'm impatient haha. My mom swears thats part of the fun but I was super disappointed when I first investigated and found out that I was shipping her a bunch of roots and thorns haha.

Reactions: 7 users

Cdoc, you are the best:laugh:

Chocolate is THE BEST.

I just had it with peanut butter added for funsies, and I wish I had another pint so I could eat more of it. Mmmmmmm.

Get the PB cup flavor :rage:

...I don't love halo top. Tried a couple flavours because my old roomie wouldn't shut up about it and it just doesn't do it for me. Not creamy enough. I tend to just buy the teeny ben and jerry's every once in a while.

Did you let it thaw for like 10mins? That is very important, otherwise it's kind of icy.

So happy for you!!! Not a lame rave at all! :D

You know you have a Halo Top obsession when you only go to a specific grocery store you wouldn't otherwise go to just to get ice cream...

Birthday Cake, and Vanilla Bean are yummy, I have tons of other flavors to discover! :D

You know you have a Halo Top obsession when you only go to a specific grocery store you wouldn't otherwise go to just to get ice cream...

Birthday Cake, and Vanilla Bean are yummy, I have tons of other flavors to discover! :D
Birthday cake is in my freezer currently and I keep eyeing it. Maybe tonight!

Birthday cake is in my freezer currently and I keep eyeing it. Maybe tonight!
Dooooooo ittttt (Just let it sit for like 10 min or it might be a little icy)

thank you guys! I have tried the chocolate candies with sugar alcohols in them before, and it was not a good thing; that is why I was a little leery. However, I will now venture this weekend to my local HEB and get some! My docs are badgering me to eat more protein, anyway...

thank you guys! I have tried the chocolate candies with sugar alcohols in them before, and it was not a good thing; that is why I was a little leery. However, I will now venture this weekend to my local HEB and get some! My docs are badgering me to eat more protein, anyway...
Ummm ... maybe a different source of protein would also be advisable ... and not just Halo Top Ice Cream. :thinking:

OH Stillwater.

I find it at Whole Foods here. *shrug*
I've been saying "Oh Stillwater" for 3 years now, and I just signed up for 4 more years of living in Stillwater, so I'm gonna be saying that forever. :laugh:

A Whole Foods would be lovely here. Or a Target. Or a Central Market mmmmmmm

Oh man, I miss HEBs

Ummm ... maybe a different source of protein would also be advisable ... and not just Halo Top Ice Cream. :thinking:

At this point, with the nausea, they are actually happy that I eat something...if it has protein, then happier!

And cold stuff seems to settle better than hot foods--so it has been interesting. It is amazing what chemo can do to a body!

At this point, with the nausea, they are actually happy that I eat something...if it has protein, then happier!

And cold stuff seems to settle better than hot foods--so it has been interesting. It is amazing what chemo can do to a body!

Have you tried Quest Bars? I don't know how they compare to Halo Top, but they're also very high in protein (~20 g/bar) and very tasty. I especially like the chocolate chip cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry flavors. They have a lot of fiber, but they haven't given me any trouble even though I've eaten two in one sitting before (oops).

So I've seen you guys rave about halo top for a while and mentioned it to a classmate who is always trying to eat as much protein as possible. She said she never tried it because of the high fiber content, then she told me it also contains a sugar alcohol and those do NOT agree with my GI tract, so glad I didn't just decide to buy some.

I realize reading cdo's posts I've gotten used to living in a city after 4 years here. If i ever move back to the suburbs/more rural areas I'm going to miss having every store I could possibly need within 20 min of me. I wont miss the traffic.

Just got a couple years' worth of free flea control for my kitty kitty meow meow! :heckyeah:
I'm probably going to take the extra and donate it towards some of the spay/neuter organizations that go out to severely underserved areas since they definitely need flea control more than I need a giant stockpile in my house, but it's still nice to get it for free. :p

I realize reading cdo's posts I've gotten used to living in a city after 4 years here. If i ever move back to the suburbs/more rural areas I'm going to miss having every store I could possibly need within 20 min of me. I wont miss the traffic.
That's how it is back home in DFW- within 20 minutes of everything and 30 minutes in either direction between 2 large downtown cities. So moving to Stillwater was definitely an adjustment, but I'm dealing with it. It's a struggle hahaha