RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I grew up in MA. This is a truth fact.
This makes me so sad :( I've lived in MA for about 4 months this year, and I'm moving there for real end of May/beginning of June and while there is such amazing food up there, I have yet to find great Mexican or BBQ. I really miss the SoCal Mexican.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
This makes me so sad :( I've lived in MA for about 4 months this year, and I'm moving there for real end of May/beginning of June and while there is such amazing food up there, I have yet to find great Mexican or BBQ. I really miss the SoCal Mexican.
I just moved back from spending 5 years in CA. Don't even get me started on Mexican food...I might cry thinking about it, and I have no nearby street taco cart to comfort me in my time of grief

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If we are going to bring up BBQ I am just going to say that Korean BBQ is the best and leave it at that. :)
I've actually never had Korean BBQ!
(on the plus side, though, if you like seafood and craft beers, there's nowhere like New England!)
I do like the craft beer scene in New England, but there was a pretty solid scene in LA County too! The seafood is okay... just not a fan of lobster rolls or oysters!

Verdict: Probably the best pulled pork I've ever had. Loved the barbecue sauce, too. Would totes come again.

Cons: The waitress is so cute it's distracting. Also I can't flirt at all.

Reactions: 7 users
Jumping on this ice cream train late but got the mint chip halo top. Haven't tried it yet because I'm working on this bad boy below but I'll keep y'all informed. My first experience with halo top wasn't the best but I'm giving it a second chance for yall
IMG_5983.JPG

Verdict: Probably the best pulled pork I've ever had. Loved the barbecue sauce, too. Would totes come again.

Cons: The waitress is so cute it's distracting. Also I can't flirt at all.
ugh my life. My flight attendant, just now, was totally adorable and I kept thinking to myself all the reasons why I shouldn't flirt with him.

ugh my life. My flight attendant, just now, was totally adorable and I kept thinking to myself all the reasons why I shouldn't flirt with him.
Right?? I wouldn't have even known how to flirt if I wanted to try. :bigtears: I did keep drinking my water so she had to come by and fill it up. :p She called me darling. I swooned. My roommate (at the hotel, not the one I hate) called me adorable. :scared:

Reactions: 5 users
Right?? I wouldn't have even known how to flirt if I wanted to try. :bigtears: I did keep drinking my water so she had to come by and fill it up. :p She called me darling. I swooned. My roommate (at the hotel, not the one I hate) called me adorable. :scared:
@SkiOtter always giggles with me because I'm really the worst at flirting. I once was trying to flirt with a guy, and asked him what he thought of the FDA ban of powdered gloves. :smack:

b0meq.gif

Reactions: 14 users
@SkiOtter always giggles with me because I'm really the worst at flirting. I once was trying to flirt with a guy, and asked him what he thought of the FDA ban of powdered gloves. :smack:

I can't even get to the point where I ask questions!! I just say "thank you" and "hi" in a really shy/high-pitched voice and then try not to squeak and get caught staring...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't even get to the point where I ask questions!! I just say "thank you" and "hi" in a really shy/high-pitched voice and then try not to squeak and get caught staring...
Oh see I can sometimes ask questions, but 10/10 they're gonna be about terrible things that normal people don't find interesting. It's like my brain decides to save all of it's "fun facts" for when I try to flirt.

Oh see I can sometimes ask questions, but 10/10 they're gonna be about terrible things that normal people don't find interesting. It's like my brain decides to save all of it's "fun facts" for when I try to flirt.
I give a lot of props to the facts thread on here recently, because I did share some of the facts with a friend who was like... "are you okay??" and I was like "duh, why else would I be talking about ostriches?"

I give a lot of props to the facts thread on here recently, because I did share some of the facts with a friend who was like... "are you okay??" and I was like "duh, why else would I be talking about ostriches?"
oh man. It's rough. My family has banned me from saying any more fun facts during meals because my latest fun fact was related to the uniquiness of the opossum reprod tract (aka two vaginas, two cervixes, and two uterine horns). They said it was not a fun fact.

So I had to go back home for a surgery consultation and somebody's glad to see me! We're currently snuggling in my bed together and napping. He's obviously my soulmate. :biglove:

View attachment 217508

You: He's obviously my soulmate
His eyes: HELP ME

I kid, I kid! Hahaha he looks happy

Reactions: 6 users

b0meq.gif

Compliment our muscles. That always works.

Reactions: 6 users
This reminds me of the part in Easy A where Olive starts rambling about aphrodisiacs in the restaurant. :laugh:

You people overthink things. :laugh:

Increase smiliness, ask name and introduce self, then chat a little. If attractive body, don't hide wandering eyes very well. If they're interested most will respond. :p

Reactions: 9 users
My freezer was cracked open the other evening and all my HaloTop melted and refreezed :cryi:

Increase smiliness, ask name and introduce self, then chat a little. If attractive body, don't hide wandering eyes very well.
If this is not true, then why bother in the first place? o_O
(I'm kidding....sort of)
If they're interested most will respond. :p
If they don't, then move on immediately, because ain't nobody got time for that :p

Reactions: 1 user
OT, but I love libraries. Especially ones with oversized fireplaces, pretty windows, and lots of old cloth-bound books with gold lettering. And little tiny seating nooks up that are located up high and accessed by twisty staircases, where you can hide amongst the books.

And I also love a good old fashioned English tea service. Particularly when it's free.

Lucky for me, the library I'm sitting in right now has alllllll of those things, and I'm so happy right now.
:biglove:

Reactions: 8 users
OT, but I love libraries. Especially ones with oversized fireplaces, pretty windows, and lots of old cloth-bound books with gold lettering. And little tiny seating nooks up that are located up high and accessed by twisty staircases, where you can hide amongst the books.

And I also love a good old fashioned English tea service. Particularly when it's free.

Lucky for me, the library I'm sitting in right now has alllllll of those things, and I'm so happy right now.
:biglove:
Which library is this? That sounds amazing :)

For purposes of retaining some semblance of anonymity, I'll just say it's at an old, ivy-covered university where my husband is currently a grad student ;)

A university with tea service? Damn. Our library sold muffins downstairs. I mean...

I guess that's the difference in state vs. Ivy?

b0meq.gif
Lol but I'm even worse so:rolleyes:
Yep this sounds more like me. :oops:

Increase smiliness, ask name and introduce self, then chat a little. If attractive body, don't hide wandering eyes very well. If they're interested most will respond. :p
YOU SAY THAT LIKE THATS AN EASY THING TO DO. Words are hard trout. :arghh:

Reactions: 4 users
Finished my third of three exams this week, got As on two of them (third is still being graded), finished my participation points and writing assignments for my environmental health class (which means I no longer have to write 3-5 page papers every week!!!), I'm on top of my homework and readings for other classes, and I don't have anything big due for the next two weeks. I'm so glad I can just take a break before finals and get some much needed time to recharge. This semester has been killing me since February and I really needed this.

Reactions: 14 users
Oh, plus tonight I'm going to a lecture about preventing owner surrender of reptiles to shelters (two of my favorite things!) and tomorrow I'm heading to Denver to hang out with a friend and see Beauty and the Beast with her. :D

Reactions: 9 users
I finally got approval from the surgeons to have my jaw surgery this summer!! :soexcited: I'm finally going to be able to chew and bite food normally!!

What kind of jaw surgery?

My freshman year of college I had jaw surgery to correct a cross bite that was just a little too outside the bounds of what braces could fix. It took years to get my mom's insurance to approve since it was largely cosmetic. The first oral surgeon wanted to break my mandible. The second wanted to break my maxillae. I went with the second guy.

What kind of jaw surgery?

My freshman year of college I had jaw surgery to correct a cross bite that was just a little too outside the bounds of what braces could fix. It took years to get my mom's insurance to approve since it was largely cosmetic. The first oral surgeon wanted to break my mandible. The second wanted to break my maxillae. I went with the second guy.
He needs to break both the mandible and the maxillae. I have a bad cross bite and a really bad underbite/ underdeveloped maxillae. So it's basically a party in my mouth where I can't bite off foods. I'll attach a photo of my x-ray under spoilers so you can see how messed up it is, if you want.:laugh:

I'm biting down in this x-ray/ my teeth are as closed as possible. Fun times. I only have 1 set of teeth that actually touch!
IMG_0464.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Had the best 4th year tour guide today! We are required to take a tour of the hospital as we get ready to enter clinics. Some of the 4th years volunteered their time to do this. A friend of mine was one of them and he made goodie bags of little things he thought we will use (including a Subway gift card) for the 8 of us in his group

Reactions: 10 users

b0meq.gif
I personally miss the powdered gloves...they were so much easier to put on. The new non-powdered ones make my skin itchy AND I had to go up a size so now I feel like a monster with 7 1/2 gloves.

Had the best 4th year tour guide today! We are required to take a tour of the hospital as we get ready to enter clinics. Some of the 4th years volunteered their time to do this. A friend of mine was one of them and he made goodie bags of little things he thought we will use (including a Subway gift card) for the 8 of us in his group
Were you in the group that stood and creeped on the equine colic surgery going on? I suddenly felt like someone was staring and turned to see 15 people in the window haha

Edit: Wait - its required now?? It was definitely optional for us.

Were you in the group that stood and creeped on the equine colic surgery going on? I suddenly felt like someone was staring and turned to see 15 people in the window haha

Edit: Wait - its required now?? It was definitely optional for us.
Possibly. Was that in the surgery suite near farm animal around lunch time? If so, then yes I was part of the group

Edit: definitely required

Possibly. Was that in the surgery suite near farm animal around lunch time? If so, then yes I was part of the group
Yup, its right next to the farm animal surgery suite. and we were there from 10:30 to 3:00 so I suppose that's lunch time :p

And I'm impressed he gave you gift cards! I'm so broke right now. I also would be the worst tour guide because I haven't been in the small animal hospital since a rotation in January and almost every service has moved since then because of construction.

Yup, its right next to the farm animal surgery suite. and we were there from 10:30 to 3:00 so I suppose that's lunch time :p

And I'm impressed he gave you gift cards! I'm so broke right now. I also would be the worst tour guide because I haven't been in the small animal hospital since a rotation in January and almost every service has moved since then because of construction.

I was very surprised there were gift cards (not sure how much on it) but knowing him, it's not out of character to give even when he probably can't afford it. He had to recruit a friend of ours to do part of the small animal hospital because he is on vacation and things changed in just the last 3 days. I don't know how you all managed to live through the chaos of the hospital constantly changing.

Oh, plus tonight I'm going to a lecture about preventing owner surrender of reptiles to shelters (two of my favorite things!) and tomorrow I'm heading to Denver to hang out with a friend and see Beauty and the Beast with her. :D
Update on both of these things: I got a free T-shirt from the reptile talk and also apparently I'm going cross country skiing tomorrow

I was very surprised there were gift cards (not sure how much on it) but knowing him, it's not out of character to give even when he probably can't afford it. He had to recruit a friend of ours to do part of the small animal hospital because he is on vacation and things changed in just the last 3 days. I don't know how you all managed to live through the chaos of the hospital constantly changing.
I just wander around in circles until someone helps me. :laugh:
The equine hospital is my true home :love:

I'm trying to be better with my money and diet so tonight I opted to forego ordering pizza and instead made a steak and a baked sweet potato (things I already had on hand). I am quite happy with my choice. I am also happy with the fact that my double boiler came today. That will likely have a negative impact on my diet as I will probably use it to make my own cheese sauces and chocolates.