Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys! does anyone know when PCOM orientation starts and ends and when classes start? I've read 8/2-8/10 for orientation and classes start after that--but is that right? seems like a pretty long orientation!

Orientation starts either Wednesday 8/2 or Thursday 8/3, depending on when you're assigned (I still don't know which). The meat of orientation starts Sunday 8/6 (transition to PCOM) and Monday 8/7 (meet faculty / clinical mentors), and you probably definitely want to be at the one on Wednesday 8/9 (Academic orientation/overview). Classes start Monday 8/14.

Continued good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I don't want to stay in Minnesota for another winter lbs...PCOM, I'm still keeping the faith.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
moving to KCMO this friday...will still be waiting on PCOM's list though...sigh

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think at this point they send out letters one at a time, or do you guys think they wait for a certain amount of students to drop out and then send a few at a time? Waiting has become unbearable.

Do you think at this point they send out letters one at a time, or do you guys think they wait for a certain amount of students to drop out and then send a few at a time? Waiting has become unbearable.

At this point I wonder if we just give up and move on, given it end of June already :(

It is probably a one for one, they can not go over the number in the class so one out and then one in. A friend who works with the office said that no one is leaving so they can't add any more. So any one who knows they are not going to attend should let them know so the list can move and take people out of their misery.

At this point I wonder if we just give up and move on, given it end of June already :(
People still get accepted in July. I cant lose hope quite yet. I can only remain frustrated and scared.

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal changed today. All the bullets above the "Thank you for your interest in PCOM. Below are important details regarding your application for admission." are gone. However, there is no link or mention of deposit. Is this a bad sign?/ Did anyone else notice this change?

No but I wish I had it usually is good news from what I've seen on SDN. Don't quote me on it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My portal changed today. All the bullets above the "Thank you for your interest in PCOM. Below are important details regarding your application for admission." are gone. However, there is no link or mention of deposit. Is this a bad sign?/ Did anyone else notice this change?

Wait all the bullets below or above are gone?

Could you post a screenshot?

Interesting and I don't think this provides any clarity, but on my PCOM-Georgia portal I don't have any bullet points below the "Thank you..." (I wasn't offered an interview there), but my PCOM one does have the bullet points.

Interesting and I don't think this provides any clarity, but on my PCOM-Georgia portal I don't have any bullet points below the "Thank you..." (I wasn't offered an interview there), but my PCOM one does have the bullet points.

Same situation here

Are any of you on the waitlist reapplicants? (Meaning not the cycle that just opened up but previous ones)

Has anyone recieved a rejection via snail mail recently? I'm out of the state for a week, but apparently I have a new piece of mail from PCOM. I was given a delayed decision back in November, and I haven't recieved any email communication. The suspense is killing me. Any idea if it could be an acceptance or rejection?

Has anyone recieved a rejection via snail mail recently? I'm out of the state for a week, but apparently I have a new piece of mail from PCOM. I was given a delayed decision back in November, and I haven't recieved any email communication. The suspense is killing me. Any idea if it could be an acceptance or rejection?

Has your portal changed?

Has your portal changed?

I'm not sure. I don't see any bullet points though?

Also, any idea how many days waitlisted applicants usually get to respond? Like, it would be ridiculous to give decisions out only by snail mail and give just a few days to respond right? I think it's downright primitive to not give decisions by email or phone. The admissions department won't even respond to questions in general like my question about how many days waitlisted applicants get to respond. I hate to be critical, but PCOM is literally the most frustrating school I've come across with during the application process.

Last edited:

Also, any idea how many days waitlisted applicants usually get to respond? Like, it would be ridiculous to give decisions out only by snail mail and give just a few days to respond right? I think it's downright primitive to not give decisions by email or phone. The admissions department won't even respond to questions in general like my question about how many days waitlisted applicants get to respond. I hate to be critical, but PCOM is literally the most frustrating school I've come across with during the application process.

Could you screenshot what your portal looks like? And I understand your frustration...

worse than hopkins/georgetown?

Could you screenshot what your portal looks like? And I understand your frustration...
maybe it's different on different browsers? I use safari

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 6.00.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 6.00.31 AM.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 151
Hmm who knows. Did you call to ask what it means? This literally just happened to someone else too.

maybe it's different on different browsers? I use safari

Unfortunately this is what my PCOM GA portal looks like. I got an email from them saying the application cycle was closed and they weren't considering my application anymore.

Mine's the same as ever. I really don't think I'm going to get off this waitlist.

Really hoping for some good news...last week before I move to my other school

would someone be able to open the mail for you? haha

A friend of mine told me class is full.

ok, finally got to see what the letter was. Rejection :(
I thought they did silent rejections...