Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there anyone who needs a roommate this upcoming fall? I am in search of finding a house or apartment.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anyone who needs a roommate this upcoming fall? I am in search of finding a house or apartment.

Join the FB group! Some people are still looking for roommates there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no news :(

For everyone still waiting:

lighting_candle0402.jpg
Hahaha thank you!!! This makes waiting a little less painful today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So I guess if mine didn't change I shouldn't expect anything today? I'm on DD.
I'm not positive, I checked this morning like I always do and because I was bored at work, I checked again and it changed. Good luck!

I'm not positive, I checked this morning like I always do and because I was bored at work, I checked again and it changed. Good luck!
Did you write a letter of intent?

Why do I get the feeling there will be minimal movement this year? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Just accepted on Friday! I was waitlisted around the end of April after DD. I was notified by email first - still haven't received. My online portal changed as well

Praying for news this week. My heart is literally breaking. I wanna stay close to my family :( rather than move halfway across country with 2 elderly sick parents.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! Just accepted on Friday! I was waitlisted around the end of April after DD. I was notified by email first - still haven't received. My online portal changed as well
Congrats!! When did you interview?

Hey all waitlisted folks who are planning to attend another school if pcom does not work out:

What are you guys doing about housing at the other school? I dont want to sign a lease for an apt near the other school im accepted at because if i get off pcoms waitlist (by some miracle...), it could be a huge hassle to break the other lease. Are you guys just waiting it out til later (maybe as late as aug 2?) to see if you get in before looking for housing at your other school? Or are you planning to sign a lease for your other school before getting the final decision from pcom? I am sooo confused about this situation and have no idea what to do! :(

I've just given up at PCOM and chose to attend my other school. Found a place to live and will sign the lease when I move there. Too much stress to get everything done last minute and I think my other school will provide me with a quality education. So I'm just happy with an acceptance!

I've just given up at PCOM and chose to attend my other school. Found a place to live and will sign the lease when I move there. Too much stress to get everything done last minute and I think my other school will provide me with a quality education. So I'm just happy with an acceptance!
Did you pull out of the waitlist or will still remain on it?

Hey all waitlisted folks who are planning to attend another school if pcom does not work out:

What are you guys doing about housing at the other school? I dont want to sign a lease for an apt near the other school im accepted at because if i get off pcoms waitlist (by some miracle...), it could be a huge hassle to break the other lease. Are you guys just waiting it out til later (maybe as late as aug 2?) to see if you get in before looking for housing at your other school? Or are you planning to sign a lease for your other school before getting the final decision from pcom? I am sooo confused about this situation and have no idea what to do! :(
+1

I'm not sure what happens in the case that you get called off the WL when the other school's classes have already begun. Anyone know anything about this?

I was going to see if any landlords would let me sign a contingent lease, but I don't even know if that is possible. I'm in a terrible situation because my other school starts late July so I would need to find a place ASAP

Reactions: 1 user
I was going to see if any landlords would let me sign a contingent lease, but I don't even know if that is possible. I'm in a terrible situation because my other school starts late July so I would need to find a place ASAP
what school are you going to?

PCOM really needs to get their act together on this WL nonsense.

I think I'm calling it quits on this cycle. PCOM just isn't pulling many off the WL :/

Hi! I am in the same boat. What I did essentially is sign a lease at my other school (with a roommate who took care of the deposit and such) and for all intents and purposes am going there. PCOM has been and is my first choice, and I've made the decision that if I DO get off the waitlist, I will do whatever is necessary to make sure that I go there. I did discuss with my landlord about what would happen if for some reason I didn't take the apartment, which I might advise to you if you're looking at housing (he said I'd have to help find someone to take my place). I just knew that I didn't want to be left with a really crappy living situation at my current school by holding out on PCOM (which can tell you as late as August if you get in!!) I also know my school has a 90% tuition back within the first month so I've also taken that into consideration if I do get pulled off last minute. I hope that's helpful and if you have more questions feel free to DM me!

PCOM can't do anything if no one withdraws from the class. People need to decide what they are going to do so they can pull people otherwise the list remains stagnant.

I wonder if admissions can see how many times you log into the portal. I'm starting to become obsessive.

Officially withdrew my name off the waitlist because I got in somewhere else. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Do we know if they switched over to email yet for sending acceptances?

still waiting. still hoping. still praying.
You can't start a fire without a spark.
Till, then we're just dancing in the dark.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know the number of students waitlisted at this moment?

I'd give a kidney for them to give me my decision today

Their recent email to accepted students mentions that the Admissions Committee is working with an ACTIVE wait list. It's moving fam!

From the email to accepted students: "The DO Faculty Committee on Admissions is working with an active wait list. If your academic plans have changed for fall, 2017 please notify the Office of Admissions in writing."

Good luck guys!

From the email to accepted students: "The DO Faculty Committee on Admissions is working with an active wait list. If your academic plans have changed for fall, 2017 please notify the Office of Admissions in writing."

Good luck guys!
Was this from your email? Congrats by the way!

Good luck guys!

Best news I've seen in a while. I've had my hopes flickering the last couple days. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I talked to someone on the phone this week at admissions, who said its still only coming by snail mail. I guess that's not accurate? Or is there a different between waitlist and delayed decision in terms of whether or not they email or send snail mail?

hey guys! does anyone know when PCOM orientation starts and ends and when classes start? I've read 8/2-8/10 for orientation and classes start after that--but is that right? seems like a pretty long orientation!

I think we waitlisted folks who are planning to matriculate at a different school if pcom doesn't work out only have until the day before orientation starts at the OTHER school to still be eligible to be accepted off the pcom waitlist. ugh...

But besides that, can someone technically be accepted from the PCOM waitlist on 8/10 (possibly the last day of pcom orientation/day before classes)??

this wait will go on foreverrrr