Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here's to hoping we are all classmates come August!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
mY5SdWv.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted. My letter was not mailed until May 9. Apparently we are not all fine.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just stupid that they waited three days after the set date to tell us, I thought something was up with the fact we never got it.

Aw man, that is so disappointing. I'm really sorry. I'm still waiting for my letter ..

Waitlisted. My letter was not mailed until May 9. Apparently we are not all fine.

Sorry to hear that... I guess they might have waited to mail waitlist letters. I wonder why they chose to do that, it made this last week awful. I get my mail around 1-2, I'll let you all know when I hear back.

i dont know that number, but we're going to be fine. they accept us before they even start a waitlist.

and there were apparently a LOT of seats that opened up after the deposit was due, i'm talking ~70

Is that number (70) based on previous years or something you heard about for this year specifically? Sorry to be neurotic, but I'm curious now lol

They said their list is not ranked.

Hey, Im sorry to hear that you were WL'd. =\

Can you see what date is put on your letter? Does it say May 6? or May 9? not postmarked, just when it was typed up.

What?! Where do you live? Call and demand a response!

My roommates mentioned (seeing my neurotic behavior the past week) that mail is sometimes delivered twice a day. I'm going to hold out a few more hours to call just in case there is a second delivery. If not, I'm going to call and ask for the letter to be resent or for me to pick it up in person tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else gotten anything? Or not received anything?

Still waiting on the mail. If it's not in there I'm just going to go there today I think.

Hang in there guys, last year they pulled some people off the wait list at the end of July

Didn't have anything in the mail today! Guessing that means it'll be here tomorrow and it's probably a waitlist letter!

Didn't have anything in the mail today! Guessing that means it'll be here tomorrow and it's probably a waitlist letter!

I'm in the same boat. Do you live near Philly? From the way things are looking I'm assuming it's going to be a waitlist for me also. Does anyone know how many people have gotten in off the waitlist in previous years?

From what I've seen on previous years threads, there seems to be decent movement on the waitlist pretty early on. Let's sit tight and hang in there. Remember, they could have easily rejected us after our interviews...instead we got DD, and even after DD we could have been rejected. They want to accept us, but are just waiting for seats to open up.

not the worst position to be in.

Reactions: 1 users
From what I've seen on previous years threads, there seems to be decent movement on the waitlist pretty early on. Let's sit tight and hang in there. Remember, they could have easily rejected us after our interviews...instead we got DD, and even after DD we could have been rejected. They want to accept us, but are just waiting for seats to open up.

not the worst position to be in.

That's good to hear - and yeah it's not actually over until August 17th lol. We'll have to just wait and hope for the best.

Did anyone see what tennant wrote earlier? For those of you have gotten letters, are your actual letters dated as May 9th or May 6th? Like the letter itself, not the postmark.

+8 :( I'm really sad. But I'm still hanging onto the hope that lots of seats open up for us in the next couple months. Also I really hope that if they do get back to me that it'll be before the end of July since I'll already be at another school by then, which would make for an awkward situation...

Just got the letter.. Waitlisted, but in a way I feel a little relieved just knowing what the letter says. Waiting for it was harder than this. Here's to hoping and praying we all get in!

I'm in the same boat. Do you live near Philly? From the way things are looking I'm assuming it's going to be a waitlist for me also. Does anyone know how many people have gotten in off the waitlist in previous years?

I live in Baltimore! So I guess about an hour and a half away!

Yeah I understand what you guys mean, I just sent in a housing deposit and that school starts August 4, so this could get bad if they don't pull me off the waitlist (if I'm waitlisted) until July :/

I'm grateful I got in somewhere, but fingers crossed for all of us :)

I live in Baltimore! So I guess about an hour and a half away!

Yeah I understand what you guys mean, I just sent in a housing deposit and that school starts August 4, so this could get bad if they don't pull me off the waitlist (if I'm waitlisted) until July :/

I'm grateful I got in somewhere, but fingers crossed for all of us :)
May I ask which school?

Sweet! Were you waitlisted at first? I'm on the waiting list, hoping to get in!

I was accepted in December, but I heard their waitlist has a decent turnaround, so you should be good!

+10 waitlisted. Sending positive thoughts towards the city of brotherly love for us to get off. Chin up everyone...we'll all figure out something.

Waitlisted! I think someone posted earlier that they had movement in July..

On last years thread people were moving as of May 20. But, we all know this year is plenty different.

Reactions: 1 users
On last years thread people were moving as of May 20. But, we all know this year is plenty different.

Hopefully not completely different! There was probably movement because allopathic students and everyone who has to make their final decision by May 15 could have pulled out! Let's hope that is the case this year.

Even if its 30-40 seats that open up, I feel like that's really decent.

Hang in there guys, thursday the 15th is the day where allopathic waitlists start their hardcore movement, which inevitably leads to a trickle down of current students who would otherwise go to PCOM to withdraw, and thus the ball moves to your court. My guess is heavy waitlist movement starting the next 1-2 weeks

If we are accepted from the waitlist do they call, email or send a letter?

letter, unless its mid july or so, in which case, they'll call.

I'm guessing no one is sending a letter of interest, since the letter said only send graded coursework or MCAT scores?

Spoke with Ms. Shotwell, she said that's the whole point of either accepting or declining the wait list offer.

It would just be redundant I think