Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news today for DD people?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't gotten the mail yet! But I didn't think it took this long to get the DD letter...

Members don't see this ad :)
I really just want to call and ask for my decision at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
My DD was postmarked on March 12, and I received it on March 14. I think maybe we should call? I'm going to wait until my mail gets here to make sure

Reactions: 2 users
please let us know what they say if you guys decide to call, im at work and can't :(

Reactions: 1 user
I'm planning to call if I don't have anything today. I live way too close to the school for it to take this long.

A carrier pigeon could have gotten these letters to us faster than usps at this point :pigeon: :meh:

its just borderline unprofessional at this point. we've been strung out so long

I wonder if anyone has been rejected since getting a dd letter?

I wonder if a bundle was lost and they haven't realized it because not many have called to ask?

Im about 30 minutes from the school, and still no letter today

Members don't see this ad :)
We should all just call. Maybe they'll get the hint.

Keep in mind they're only open til 4:30 if any (or all) of us decides to call.

She wouldn't tell me my decision, all she said was to keep checking the post.

All in favor of finding a TARDIS to go back in time and kidnap whichever idiots told PCOM it was "unprofessional" to email decision letters?

Still nothing in the mail for me either. They told me the same thing when I called! Should we take this as a bad sign?

Hi guys. I'm a DD applicant who's lurked this thread the past few days. I also tried calling the admissions office. They told me the letter had been mailed to me and had my correct address. I live about ten minutes away from the school in Philly, so I'm not sure what's going on...

A preliminary email would be great to have before receiving it in snail mail. Especially with decisions from other schools pending.

I really hope someone from admissions is reading this

Reactions: 4 users
Well this sucks! I have a housing deposit due on the 15th :/

I was worried my letter was lost in the mail until I came on here and saw how many other people were waiting. I was beginning to think they might have mailed out acceptances first and been mailing waitlist letters after, but when I called admissions the lady spoke about my letter being mailed in the past tense (as in it seemed like they mailed everything on the 6th). I might go into the admissions office on Monday if it still hasn't come by then.

I was worried my letter was lost in the mail until I came on here and saw how many other people were waiting. I was beginning to think they might have mailed out acceptances first and been mailing waitlist letters after, but when I called admissions the lady spoke about my letter being mailed in the past tense (as in it seemed like they mailed everything on the 6th). I might go into the admissions office on Monday if it still hasn't come by then.

thats a great way to freak people out, but rest assured they mailed everything out on tuesday, but something got messed up along the way.

and for the record, everyone on DD has gotten accepted in years past after the deposit deadline

Hey guys,

I've also been lurking around this thread for days checking to see if people have received the letter. I live 15 minutes from the school and have been so frustrated every day this week to come home to an empty mailbox. It just doesn't make sense why the delivery is so inconsistent. I also called the office just now and was assured that the letter did get sent on May 6th.. It's so difficult being patient!

thats a great way to freak people out, but rest assured they mailed everything out on tuesday, but something got messed up along the way.

and for the record, everyone on DD has gotten accepted in years past after the deposit deadline

My intent was to reassure anyone who was worrying about the same thing as me but was scared to call admissions and check. Perhaps I should have worded that less ambiguously.

Really?! Everyone? I wonder how many of deferred decisions they sent out?!

i dont know that number, but we're going to be fine. they accept us before they even start a waitlist.

and there were apparently a LOT of seats that opened up after the deposit was due, i'm talking ~70

I'm literally fearful to leave my house until I get this letter... Haha

Hey guys,

I've also been lurking around this thread for days checking to see if people have received the letter. I live 15 minutes from the school and have been so frustrated every day this week to come home to an empty mailbox. It just doesn't make sense why the delivery is so inconsistent. I also called the office just now and was assured that the letter did get sent on May 6th.. It's so difficult being patient!

I wonder what happened that caused so many letters to get delayed... oh well. At least we know they're aware of it now. Seems like a bunch of people called.

You guys were all deferred like march, right? I know people who were deferred and told they would hear by April and never heard back...

how does everyone have so much inside info lolz
still checking sdn for my friend who was deferred.
hard to let go of this thread and SDN in general. withdrawal is real.

Are you here to gloat? Because it sounds like you're here to gloat.

Are you here to gloat? Because it sounds like you're here to gloat.

im not at all. you all seem very qualified. My bestie is waiting and I'm not sure why she hasn't gotten a letter yet. She was there for me when I was in doubt so I'm there for her. I have no reason to gloat. underdog over here.

and I'm honestly curious about all the inside information that I was blindly following for the past few months.

and withdrawal is real.

I'm sorry if it came off that way :/

You guys were all deferred like march, right? I know people who were deferred and told they would hear by April and never heard back...
I've been on hold since November...haven't heard a word from PCOM in over 5 months. I was never told when I could expect a response, and even when I called them about 3 weeks ago they couldn't tell me. Needless to say I am very fed up at this point.

I've been on hold since November...haven't heard a word from PCOM in over 5 months. I was never told when I could expect a response, and even when I called them about 3 weeks ago they couldn't tell me. Needless to say I am very fed up at this point.
Oh wow! November is a long long time to be on hold!!

That's crazy! I'm so sorry you've had to wait that long :/

Did you interview? Did PCOM tell you the reason for your hold? Do you have acceptances elsewhere?

Guys, I'm working today and won't be home until late tonight. Please keep the updates coming! Thanks!

they better give us decisions over the phone on monday. this is unacceptable.

they better give us decisions over the phone on monday. this is unacceptable.
I doubt they will! I'm getting a little discouraged since it's taking so long! All of the other schools emailed me or called me for the decisions!

I am so frustrated! This is torture! I could literally run to PCOM in 45 minutes, yet it takes a week (or more) to get a letter delivered by car?!

I am so frustrated! This is torture! I could literally run to PCOM in 45 minutes, yet it takes a week (or more) to get a letter delivered by car?!

Did you get mail today too? And it wasn't in there?

I feel ya on this, I only live 4 miles away from the school. No mail for me either today. I highly doubt they'd be willing to give us our decisions over the phone, but I wonder if they'd be willing to reprint our letter if we went there in person? It's so frustrating having to put all of my work/living arrangement planning on hold because of a mailing problem lol... I'm sure everyone here can relate to this. I'll call Monday and see how they feel about having us show up there to get decisions and let you all know what they say. Until then, going to have to just put this out of mind for now. Ugh.

I feel ya on this, I only live 4 miles away from the school. No mail for me either today. I highly doubt they'd be willing to give us our decisions over the phone, but I wonder if they'd be willing to reprint our letter if we went there in person? It's so frustrating having to put all of my work/living arrangement planning on hold because of a mailing problem lol... I'm sure everyone here can relate to this. I'll call Monday and see how they feel about having us show up there to get decisions and let you all know what they say. Until then, going to have to just put this out of mind for now. Ugh.
I will literally drive the 5 hours to PCOM if it means I can get my letter this week.

Also no mail. I wonder when admissions is going to admit there is an error and tell us our decisions.

Still no letter for me either! I work Monday, so definitely keep me posted! I'll try to escape for ten minutes in the am to call admissions!

I'm still at work but I think it's safe to assume my letter was not delivered either. I will be calling on Monday too! Let's hope this torturous process ends I an acceptance and then we can all laugh about this. Definitely a huge lesson in patience this week..