How to Get AWWay with Murder Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Snowy has been mentioned multiple times as being sketchy, because I keep having to say that I'd be surprised if she were a wolf.

She would have had to have had the forethought to
a) start a PM
b) throw shade at a particular person via PM
then immediately kill them that same night.

which doesn't sound like much, but little details like that are the basis of a lot of my play and they're right... a lot. And she has peppered at people and brought up reasonable things on thread, much more than many other players still around.

No idea if she is some other faction, but i'm a little curious about STL showing up and immediately bringing that up tbh. What sort of role did you inherit, there?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What? Did I miss some major attempt to get Snowy lynched?
Farmdoggo has voted to lynch Snowy every day you have. Our vote changed last minute one of those days. I personally have brought her up on thread nearly every single day.

I have been pleased that you were one of the few looking at her too. It made me feel we weren't completely nuts.

Trippy and a few others have her village leaning though and respond every time she is brought up, so no, despite the odd voting record (a little too fabulous, with timing that screams look at me), a few comments full of sketch, and a nearly consistent pinging of my feelz-dar, nope, I have not been able to get a major push for a lynch going.

And her excessive sketchiness has been backed off in recent days to where she even has gotten a few village points in the last 2 days. Because of the excessive sketch of the first 3 days, I haven't taken my eyes off her and have been watching who pays what attention to her, but was actually debating how to bring her up to get a gauge of everybody's feeling on her today.

Reactions: 1 users
What? Did I miss some major attempt to get Snowy lynched?
more major than voting that way and giving good arguments for why? no that's all.

its ok i know i'm invisible :ninja:

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad I'm not the only one. So far nobody has agreed with me about Snowy.
I had her wolf leaning earlier and asked why some people had her as hard village. Though I also suspect we have one original left (Caiter) and one convert. So that puts snowy slightly more likely village since she doesn't seem like the best convert choice.

This is an interesting comment coming from you considering we were told there was mod info that Caiter is a wolf

I see that alphas can sometimes be lynched before the convert but sometimes can't so I'm torn on lynching Caiter. For now I think I'll hold off.

Looking for a convert I don't know who it would be. I agree that PBC could be a convert. I don't think Ny or LIS would be a good choices. SOV might be up there due to experience.

lynch PBC
for now

Oh shoot. I must have missed the mod info part (or forgotten it). Yeah was thinking her lynch avoidance was like Kam's last game so she was third party. Agree with the probably won't be able to get alpha before convert. I am not set on pbc, but would like to hear more from her today as I think she would be a good choice as convert.

Unlynch Caiter

Lynch PBC

Also snowy, are you also a non-wolf, non-villager? Or are you upset that caiter is getting credit for what is rightfully yours (the last original wolf)? :) you have pinged my feels all game, so just curious which one I should be attributing that to.

Haha I'm neither - just village. The only game I was a wolf I sucked at it and was lynched D1, I wish I could be this good/bold as a wolf. But I'm just lucky on my guesses and not around much due to work/time zones. Not that this statement will convince anyone haha :p

Snowy has been mentioned multiple times as being sketchy, because I keep having to say that I'd be surprised if she were a wolf.

She would have had to have had the forethought to
a) start a PM
b) throw shade at a particular person via PM
then immediately kill them that same night.

which doesn't sound like much, but little details like that are the basis of a lot of my play and they're right... a lot. And she has peppered at people and brought up reasonable things on thread, much more than many other players still around.

No idea if she is some other faction, but i'm a little curious about STL showing up and immediately bringing that up tbh. What sort of role did you inherit, there?
I think she is another faction, as it is most likely caiter is a wolf. Even with her horrible voting history and sketchy thread comments. Also, her and PBC literally mimicked each other the first few days, and they all voted within minutes of nohika on day 1. So not sure where your thread analysis is with her, but I think a little pm has you focused on an incorrect something.

I got an ultra, hyper powered role. Super strong. Like the best role around.

more major than voting that way and giving good arguments for why? no that's all.

its ok i know i'm invisible :ninja:
Oh weim. Hey there. Didn't see you there.
You're playing this game?
:)

I had her wolf leaning earlier and asked why some people had her as hard village. Though I also suspect we have one original left (Caiter) and one convert. So that puts snowy slightly more likely village since she doesn't seem like the best convert choice.
I'm kinda feeling the same.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised and think its possible/borderline likely that theres just caiter and a convert left. Most of my vibes towards snowy were from very early in the game (before when a conversion was likely) but I don't have any feelings about who would be the convert so for that reason snowy still feels the wolfiest to me.

(or i guess i rather should say i don't have any STRONG feelings about who would be the convert)

I think she is another faction, as it is most likely caiter is a wolf. Even with her horrible voting history and sketchy thread comments. Also, her and PBC literally mimicked each other the first few days, and they all voted within minutes of nohika on day 1. So not sure where your thread analysis is with her, but I think a little pm has you focused on an incorrect something.
not an incorrect something. I don't think she's a wolf. If she's something else, sure, whatever, but PM conversation and her thread play (you think a wolf wouldn't have jumped on the nohika lynch? every single other one we've lynched did) make me feel she's not lupine.

I got an ultra, hyper powered role. Super strong. Like the best role around.
tremendous role. the best role.

I think she is another faction, as it is most likely caiter is a wolf.
:)
So i have been sitting on this ...but maybe now is the time to discuss.

I have the ability to find out who is a lawyer. I have no idea why this is useful..but i noted that when a lawyer was lynched or killed mods said villager and lawyer.

Another faction?

I know of one other lawyer but not sure what to do with info? I am out with mrssov....will be back later to discuss.

(or i guess i rather should say i don't have any STRONG feelings about who would be the convert)
I am still not on "the convert actually happened" train and that this isn't simply a third party trying to elongate the game, until I hear more about her claimed role. Other than Meggy and frank, roles don't seem to be well correlated with abilities.
not an incorrect something. I don't think she's a wolf. If she's something else, sure, whatever, but PM conversation and her thread play (you think a wolf wouldn't have jumped on the nohika lynch? every single other one we've lynched did) make me feel she's not lupine.

tremendous role. the best role.
My thing is I more disagree with her not being a wolf from thread analysis. I agree it's doubtful she is a wolf, but I find it interesting that we tend to have similar analysis of people and we are getting staunchly different interpretations from the thread.

I have the ability to find out who is a lawyer. I have no idea why this is useful..but i noted that when a lawyer was lynched or killed mods said villager and lawyer.

Another faction?

I know of one other lawyer but not sure what to do with info? I am out with mrssov....will be back later to discuss.
Have you found a lawyer yet? Are you a villager or neutral? I would expect Annalise to be a third party. Ironically, I actually have no intentions of going after third party. Me and Dubz had a convo in which the moral of the story is they should win with villagers/wolves, not in spite of. But I want to figure out if I should just disregard a chaos/neutral (possibly coopah) that would want to elongate the game to fulfill a win condition (and thus possibly end the game with a caiter lynch today). Our ask the mod is gone, so it seems like an interesting assertion to know that a conversion happened and not know who the convert is (conversion detectors have to usually find the convert to be informed there is a convert).

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still not on "the convert actually happened" train and that this isn't simply a third party trying to elongate the game, until I hear more about her claimed role. Other than Meggy and frank, roles don't seem to be well correlated with abilities.

My thing is I more disagree with her not being a wolf from thread analysis. I agree it's doubtful she is a wolf, but I find it interesting that we tend to have similar analysis of people and we are getting staunchly different interpretations from the thread.
Meh. She has said lots of things I agree with, and when I start with someone village leaning from something small and then they continue to make sense, I keep them in that column long term. I'm not meshing with LIS' reads this game, either, so it is what it is.
Me and Dubz had a convo in which the moral of the story is they should win with villagers/wolves, not in spite of.
wanna go back and tell people that with the amount of **** I got for chaos being able to win with others in Favourite Things?
(conversion detectors have to usually find the convert to be informed there is a convert).
I've had a role that acted as a convert detector (simply being notified) in every game that didn't require the wolf kill to be given up for a conversion night. I think at least a couple games have had similar recently. I actually think the last convert detector of the type you're saying I've seen was SOV's office game.

Last edited:

Another faction?

Hmmm... so were you protected early in the game when you claimed to be attacked? A night evasion and "lawyer checking" seems an odd combination to me.

Have you found a lawyer yet? Are you a villager or neutral? I would expect Annalise to be a third party. Ironically, I actually have no intentions of going after third party. Me and Dubz had a convo in which the moral of the story is they should win with villagers/wolves, not in spite of. But I want to figure out if I should just disregard a chaos/neutral (possibly coopah) that would want to elongate the game to fulfill a win condition (and thus possibly end the game with a caiter lynch today). Our ask the mod is gone, so it seems like an interesting assertion to know that a conversion happened and not know who the convert is (conversion detectors have to usually find the convert to be informed there is a convert).
I am annalise, and I am neutral. I am certainly not trying to elongate the game.

Ironically the only lawyer i have found is Trilt who:
1) Is now trying to cast aspersions on me. and
2) Is not following the posting restrictions they received. I assume mod justice should take them out.
(yes, that is my other ability. Fun posting restrictions.. sadly they haven't worked out. Blocked night 1.. LIS night 2. another night cancelled. DVMD not posting when I gave her one. Trilt ignoring them TWO times now, and MJ was killed last night before he got his.)

so..
unlynch sandstorm
lynch trilt

until someone assures me lawyers are not in it for themselves... and as I write that, how true does that sound... lawyers only in it for themselves. Ha ha.

and yeah. Wolves can't kill me at night, but I can be lynched.

Another faction?

I looked through and it looks like there have been villager and wolf lawyers (bjeh and nohika) so I have no idea what that ability does for you

Actually wouldn't be surprised by that. It makes me think of the speed game cdo, coop and me were wolves and we killed you first.. But veterans do things to throw off players so not really going to read much into it.
She acknowledges it but says anything is possible, hedging.
I mean the proposal seems harmless, but also something seems off. I want to hear from nohika before I decide whether to lynch her or not. If she isn't sketchy, I'd rather lynch someone I think might be a wolf..
Tries to wait as long as possible to vote for nohika.
Do you know your protection will even work though you are dying? If you had been killed right away, that protection wouldn't work on nohika. so I just want to double check before we lynch a potential villager thinking she'll be protected and then she isn't.

I would assume if the wolves are choosing a random to be killed N1 it would be kind to kill someone who got to play most all the last game.

She never really answered your question..
Tries to make it seem like plan won't work, reverse trajectory of lynch.
I'll get behind the lyra lynch as she is kinda sounding like she did all the times she's wolfed before. Keeping an eye on wally, but I hate lynching the newest players on the first day. I don't think nohika is sounding wolfy and I don't really see the point in proving she is village just to have her be wolf killed or converted. I don't think STL is lying, I just don't agree with his plan.

lynch lyra
Votes Lyra with nohika and PBC, all within 30 seconds of each other, more than an hour before lynch would end.
So that answers my lupin question :( (to my pm partners)

I guess he couldn't revive himself?.. weird because he was given 24 hours which is a day and night cycle.. so he should have known he was going to die and then had a night to use the revive action
Lupin thing seemed disingenuous.
I agree that cheat's post sounded different then her normal sketch. I would be good with a lyra lynch too. Genny also made a comment about wanting to pursue the nohika lynch and then didn't vote for her which was weird to me.

lynch cheat
Voted for cheat when we know after the fact cheat was investigated and was going down. If people are notified of investigations, which if kaydubs does results, she will inform them they are, then this seemed like getting ahead of fire.
So just got off work and power is out at my place and my computer isn't charged so only have my phone. I see people have switched off of cheat and I suppose there is a reason but I haven't caught up yet. I'm good with a Lyra lynch though.

Unlynch cheat

Lynch lyra
Reluctantly switches to wolf that shouldn't 100% go down last second, and makes it very clear that her name should appear on tally as voting for Lyra.
How many wolves do we think we started with? 4 or 5? I'm trying to figure out whether we are looking for our last original (in that case I'm looking towards jil and sandy rn) or if we are just looking for convert?
The 4 thing seemed like a misdirection. Of course there is likely 5 at the start in a 26 person game.
Okay that is what I was thinking. Also, does anyone know if the blocker blocked Caiter? Because if they did, I don't know why she could still have ordered you to kill. But if they didn't we would have had our conversion last night.
Tries to run with 4 when suggested.
I'm not a huge bandwagon person so it gets me in trouble (see last game). I think WM has defended enough today that I'm not willing to lynch her yet. I'll comment more later tonight when I have time.

Lynch Jil

Really because you were on multiple bandwagons this game ;).

so trilt, wondering how you got to a different interpretation than I did. Given all of that, I have her as not a wolf solely because Of Filly's results (of caiter being a wolf). Speaking of filly, where has she been? Is she still alive? Would be a great conversion target if there was a conversion.

I am annalise, and I am neutral. I am certainly not trying to elongate the game.

2) Is not following the posting restrictions they received. I assume mod justice should take them out.
(yes, that is my other ability. Fun posting restrictions.. sadly they haven't worked out. Blocked night 1.. LIS night 2. another night cancelled. DVMD not posting when I gave her one. Trilt ignoring them TWO times now, and MJ was killed last night before he got his.)

so..
unlynch sandstorm
lynch trilt

until someone assures me lawyers are not in it for themselves... and as I write that, how true does that sound... lawyers only in it for themselves. Ha ha.

Yeah I am not the least bit bothered by you. if we end up switching off caiter, looking into caiter would be enormously helpful, as it will help in determining whether she is Sam Keating or not.

Can verify DVMD had a posting restriction.

Trippy would also be a good conversion target if there was a conversion.

so..
unlynch sandstorm
lynch trilt

Not trying to elongate the game... but wants us to take out the lawyers now? Sounds like a win condition to me.

so..
unlynch sandstorm
lynch trilt

Ah ****ola I need to not check results while half asleep and/or drunk.

@DocEspana is such an amazing lounge player, I know he would never screw up a posting restriction because he was drinking.

I've debated saying something but I think I will.

I am neutral. My goal is to survive. My only ability is to not be converted by the wolves. I find it strange that SOV is a neutral with all those abilities when I have none. And as I've said that might as well say my role name too. I'm Wes Gibbins

I buy that argument, but the biggest weakness is that it assumes Caiter is wolf and not some 'alpha' chaos/neutral role or something.

Right?

Okay so two people claiming non-villager, very much doubt it would be a third in this game. Now the question becomes who would caiter convert (as I now trust no alternative motives with coopah). Trippy would probably be towards the top of that last as would filly. But which one to lynch first, hmm...

I looked through and it looks like there have been villager and wolf lawyers (bjeh and nohika) so I have no idea what that ability does for you
I work roles like that in to catch people in lies down the line... example, I had a role in Animorphs that could detect whether someone had a morphing ability. One of the main wolves had built in morphs that served as cover roles, but if they claimed one of them on thread AND someone had previously learned that they had a morphing ability, they'd be caught in a lie. Just one of those things to reward people who pay attention to details in complex games.

Tries to wait as long as possible to vote for nohika.
Tries to make it seem like plan won't work, reverse trajectory of lynch.
Again, I don't find this wolfy. The people who tried to move lynch away from nohika I actually nudged village (discussed this with Pippy) because it's frankly idiotic for a wolf to do. There was no stopping the bandwagon you created.
Votes Lyra with nohika and PBC, all within 30 seconds of each other, more than an hour before lynch would end.
My comment on Lyra seeming like she did when she was a wolf was fairly offhand and more of just a "hmm..." kinda thing. LIS and Snowy made the discussion continue and ensured that it continued to be pushed the next day. It didn't feel wolfy.
Lupin thing seemed disingenuous.
Snowy both started a PM with me (which you know nudges people village to me - see: Pippy completely hoodwinking me in Telenovela) and made good observations about several people privately that night before. One was discussing Lupin a little bit with me. With that context, it didn't seem disingenuous.
Reluctantly switches to wolf that shouldn't 100% go down last second, and makes it very clear that her name should appear on tally as voting for Lyra.
Again, she brought up Lyra more than once. It didn't feel like just "oh I'll get my name down."
Really because you were on multiple bandwagons this game ;).
You can't bitch at her for both holding off and jumping on bandwagons. :p
so trilt, wondering how you got to a different interpretation than I did. Given all of that, I have her as not a wolf solely because Of Filly's results (of caiter being a wolf). Speaking of filly, where has she been? Is she still alive? Would be a great conversion target if there was a conversion.
So that's my thoughts. Same statements, different lenses, different conclusions.

@WhtsThFrequency probably knows more about different lenses than me though. And is hot with a cute snek to boot.

Me and Dubz had a convo in which the moral of the story is they should win with villagers/wolves, not in spite of.

If a neutral/chaos could win *only* with villagers, I'd be in favor of leaving them alive.

If they can win with *either*, they should be killed.

If they can win *only* with wolves, they should be killed.

It's not as straight-forward as your comment makes it. At least, not without clarification on your part.

I'm not meshing with LIS' reads this game, either, so it is what it is.

Well. My reads this game are pretty craptastic. My voting record is craptastic.

I fully admit that I'm coasting this game.

But is not meshing well ... meh. It's more on me than you, most likely.

(conversion detectors have to usually find the convert to be informed there is a convert).

Eh. I think you are overstating it with "usually". I can think of plenty of games where the convert detector didn't have to find the convert.

Maybe it's 50/50. Maybe it leans a bit one way or the other. But it certainly is not "usually".....

And you bastard ... you gave me that restriction and THEN commented that I was sketchy because I went to town with it?

Jerk. :) :)

Reactions: 4 users
@SummerTheLynx does annalise=neutral make sense lore-wise?

@StartingoverVet what is your win condition?
I was thinking neutral or chaos. Fits with lore for me. Could have maybe made her a wolf, but we are still missing Sam keatibg (likely caiter) who is probably my most hated character in the series (and there's a lot to dislike).

This is an interesting comment coming from you considering we were told there was mod info that Caiter is a wolf

I see that alphas can sometimes be lynched before the convert but sometimes can't so I'm torn on lynching Caiter. For now I think I'll hold off.

Looking for a convert I don't know who it would be. I agree that PBC could be a convert. I don't think Ny or LIS would be a good choices. SOV might be up there due to experience.

lynch PBC
for now

Waaaaait... PBC had mod info and then said this?! Man. I've been doing dog stuff all day. I don't want to vote until I actually see those posts for myself though. That is sketchy.

so..
unlynch sandstorm
lynch trilt

And yes, I am going to cast aspersions on people when things don't make sense. You claimed a small night action twoish days ago when we were discussing the cancellation. It caught my eye because you hadn't stated a reason for the kill being ineffective on you. I didn't bring it up at that time because I thought you may be a protector who protected himself (considering you die fairly early regularly, not a bad decision) and didn't want to draw attention there.

But now that you've claimed an ability that isn't protecting, I pushed on it. That's kinda what you do in this game. And with Kara claiming a neutral role with very little gain for herself, I'm inclined to think me pushing on you has just netted us chaos. :shrug:

@thedrjojo still holds a spot as one of the most amusing chaos players, though.

Waaaaait... PBC had mod info and then said this?! Man. I've been doing dog stuff all day. I don't want to vote until I actually see those posts for myself though. That is sketchy.

Those thoughts are not connected Wally. I was pointing out to Snowy that the reason we were thinking Caiter as wolf is that it was said on thread there was mod info Caiter was a wolf. I don't know where you're connecting PBC to it though

And yes, I am going to cast aspersions on people when things don't make sense. You claimed a small night action twoish days ago when we were discussing the cancellation. It caught my eye because you hadn't stated a reason for the kill being ineffective on you. I didn't bring it up at that time because I thought you may be a protector who protected himself (considering you die fairly early regularly, not a bad decision) and didn't want to draw attention there.

But now that you've claimed an ability that isn't protecting, I pushed on it. That's kinda what you do in this game. And with Kara claiming a neutral role with very little gain for herself, I'm inclined to think me pushing on you has just netted us chaos. :shrug:

@thedrjojo still holds a spot as one of the most amusing chaos players, though.
You of all people focusing on lunching a chaos? Makes me want to vote you, seems like you are looking for a distraction

Those thoughts are not connected Wally. I was pointing out to Snowy that the reason we were thinking Caiter as wolf is that it was said on thread there was mod info Caiter was a wolf. I don't know where you're connecting PBC to it though

I think I confused PBC and Snowy. My bad. Rushing to read this in between dogs walks and agility.

In case I don't get a lynch vote in before close... I'm gonna stick with lynching caiter because and hoping she can still die even if there is a convert around.

lynch caiter

Do you see a ****ing lynch vote? :rolleyes:
No but "netting a chaos" is a way of wording it where people will be like "oh gosh, a chaos, let's kill it now!!!!"

Caiter has more of a fun factor to her game. She will do a combo of strategy and fun in her pick. You fit both categories quite well. So does filly.

I've learned wayyy more about this show now that STL as joined the game. *applauds*

My apologies if you are still watching. I am trying to get my point across without being too spoilery.

I've never seen an ep. No spoils here. I've considered watching but I'm currently hooked on Better Call Saul. Oh snap. We should have a Breaking Bad WW.

Ah ****ola I need to not check results while half asleep and/or drunk.

@DocEspana is such an amazing lounge player, I know he would never screw up a posting restriction because he was drinking.
Im even better at post restrictions while drunk. Ask wildzoo. Shes so cheery and optimistic!

Reactions: 5 users