Elizabeth Raine Auction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should "Elizabeth Raine" be dismissed from medical school for selling her virginity?

• Total voters
Although I don't agree with what she did and think it shows somewhat of a lack of judgement, I do think it's wrong that a news organization outed her true identity. She wasn't doing anything criminal (AFAIK, the auction was not held in the U.S. - dont know the legality of that...)or hurting anyone. I do wonder about why she advertised herself as a U.S.med student though, given the the medical community is a relatively small community. Anyway, if she is a good, hard working student and has otherwise not caused any trouble or had any other problems, I would be inclined to give her a second chance. Just my opinion,
The problem is that she made herself international news. In England, revealing such details about people is SOP in tabloids and completely not only acceptable but expected. If you play on the international stage, you play by international rules.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
The problem is that she made herself international news. In England, revealing such details about people is SOP in tabloids and completely not only acceptable but expected. If you play on the international stage, you play by international rules.

I don't think that's limited to the UK tabloids.

I'm no expert on journalism ethics - but she put herself out there. It's not like she's the victim of a sexual assault ( where the media routinely withholds their name), or a confidential informant. Seems like she's fair game to the media.

Kern is 28 years old so assuming she followed the traditional MSTP timeline, she's completed the preclinical coursework. If they boot her, I wonder if they will make her pay the preclinical portion of the tuition? Probably have to sell her virginity for real this time, except she'll get $80 instead of $800k. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Kern is 28 years old so assuming she followed the traditional MSTP timeline, she's completed the preclinical coursework. If they boot her, I wonder if they will make her pay the preclinical portion of the tuition? Probably have to sell her virginity for real this time, except she'll get $80 instead of $800k. :laugh:
Aren't you the creepy person who wanted her to contract HIV?

Reactions: 1 user
I really don't feel like reading through this whole thread so sorry if it's already been asked. What is the difference between this and prostition?

I really don't feel like reading through this whole thread so sorry if it's already been asked. What is the difference between this and prostition?

Sex in Australia. Prostitution legal there.

Prostitution? Nothing. It's even more disgusting because she doesn't need to resort to this.

Prostitution? Nothing. It's even more disgusting because she doesn't need to resort to this.

What's most disgusting is that she is destroying the credibility of our profession with her actions. She is basically an IRL troll. And she should be banned from medicine because of it.

There is no difference. It IS prostitution.

Members don't see this ad :)
As if the PR in this case isn't bad enough...wait until some savvy reporter finds out that she is getting paid by the tax payers. They are financing her time in the lengthy MSTP, which apparently she dedicates to coming up with elaborate prostitution schemes. The whole thing is crazy.

As would I. I mean, I've sipped dat lean before back in college.
I didn't even know wtf sizzurp was until someone brought this to my attention. I'd hear it in hip-hop songs but dat about it. I need to start giving those goofy mofos more credit for knowing what they are sippin on.

I didn't even know wtf sizzurp was until someone brought this to my attention. I'd hear it in hip-hop songs but dat about it. I need to start giving those goofy mofos more credit for knowing what they are sippin on.

Fat Joe actually talked about "sippin dat promethazine" in "Make it Rain" years ago.

What's most disgusting is that she is destroying the credibility of our profession with her actions. She is basically an IRL troll. And she should be banned from medicine because of it.

How is she destroying the credibility of our profession??

Reactions: 1 users
Like climaxing in the library's study room in junior year while whispering for Gregor Mendel to "please cross-breed me with a purple pea plant"?

The very fact that she advertised herself as a med student primes the situation for attacks from those in the medical community. Why is she even creating such an association...medical school...girls who sell their bodies. Lovely.

And if we're going to be honest, the moment she put her photo on the internet with all the other details...she outed herself. The layers of stupid are almost difficult to believe.

At her ripe age of 28, you almost wonder if there is a mental deficit that will lead to poor decision making skills.

I disagree I think she's smart. She advertises herself as a med student, smart and attractive. Def get more clients.
And I can guarantee you no one really cares about this in the medical community besides sdn

I haven't seen anybody address this yet... but according to the daily mail she was lying about being a medical student too, it says she is a bioengineering graduate student. Maybe she figured claiming to be a med student would make her offer more lucrative or something. Med student virginity is worth $800,000. Bioengineering student virginity is worth like $80 and a 2 for 1 combo meal coupon at McDonalds.

I haven't seen anybody address this yet... but according to the daily mail she was lying about being a medical student too, it says she is a bioengineering graduate student. Maybe she figured claiming to be a med student would make her offer more lucrative or something. Med student virginity is worth $800,000. Bioengineering student virginity is worth like $80 and a 2 for 1 combo meal coupon at McDonalds.
I'm not sure why I feel the need to correct your figures, but I was in SF 1.5 year ago and offered $300 by a random short gross Chinese guy while I was waiting at a red light to cross the street. His follow-up when I asked wtf he was smokin on was "I'm lonely". Sad. I guess when girls are lonely they just put up with douchebag boyfriends. Apparently it's common for girls on that same strip to get $500 to $800 for an hour. and they aren't virgins in med school or bioengineering.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to correct your figures, but I was in SF 1.5 year ago and offered $300 by a random short gross Chinese guy while I was waiting at a red light to cross the street. His follow-up when I asked wtf he was smokin on was "I'm lonely". Sad. I guess when girls are lonely they just put up with douchebag boyfriends. Apparently it's common for girls on that same strip to get $500 to $800 for an hour. and they aren't virgins in med school or bioengineering.

Only $300? Did you not inform him that you are a med student?

No, she's MSTP at U Wash. http://www.mstp.washington.edu/students/student-directory/?ID=292

It's a myth that all sex workers are desperate and don't have a choice of occupation or are somehow pathologically mental in making the decision. Although that certainly happens. It remains inconvenient for certain versions of feminism that some females just prefer f-ing for money given the hourly rate and their relative ability or desire to do otherwise.

I don't find it gross. For either client or seller. Human contact and touch is better than none and minimum wage drudgery is something most of you are not qualified to compare yourselves to in making moral judgements.

Why she would not anticipate the consequences for her career remains a mystery. I can't fathom its naive stupidity either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
It's a myth that all sex workers are desperate and don't have a choice of occupation or are somehow pathologically mental in making the decision. Although that certainly happens. It remains inconvenient for certain versions of feminism that some females just prefer f-ing for money given the hourly rate and their relative ability or desire to do otherwise.

I don't find it gross. For either client or seller. Human contact and touch is better than none and minimum wage drudgery is something most of you are not qualified to compare yourselves to in making moral jusdhments.

Why she would not anticipate the consequences for her career remains a mystery. I can't fathom its naive stupidity either.

Gasp, you mean they all weren't oppressed and forced into this life? They didn't simply choose to easiest way to make a relatively high standard of living given their set of skills?

I thought she was an MD/Phd. She's not even in medical school?

MSTP = Medical Scientist Training Program. Medical scientist = MD/PhD. If I'm not mistaken, MSTP specifically refers to NIH-funded MD/PhD programs. Schools may have their own MD/PhD programs funded through other ways though.

Based on the years provided on that site, it looks like she finished her preclinical years and is almost done with the 2nd year of her PhD.

Thread on allnurses: "all physicians are prostitutes".

Wait till they take this to the times.

I'm more curious about how things were at her school while her face was released yet she wasn't "outed." I would think something like this would spread virally through the student and faculty populations.
It did. We are all talking about it, reporters are trying to get us to comment, and people are shocked/pissed that she would do something that would effect everyone at the school. :bang:

It did. We are all talking about it, reporters are trying to get us to comment, and people are shocked/pissed that she would do something that would effect everyone at the school. :bang:
Your grammar and sentence structure. Her basic lack of forethought/social intelligence. Which school is this, again?

inb4 this poster got with her and thus knew her to be a fraud.

Your grammar and sentence structure. Her basic lack of forethought/social intelligence. Which school is this, again?

Calm down princess.

What's most shocking to me is how long it took for her real name to get revealed.

I don't have anything against feminism but this is so over the top I want an excuse to post it.

YQIoqSY.jpg

Thank you for identifying that I come from poverty and don't have the high grammar skills that my peers have.
inb4 this poster got with her and thus knew her to be a fraud.
I should have just not posted and continued to avoid the allo forum.

Thank you for identifying that I come from poverty and don't have the high grammar skills that my peers have. I should have just not posted and continued to avoid the allo forum.

I came from pretty significant poverty but didn't let this affect my ability to understand simple grammar.

You're your own worst enemy. Don't pull that garbage.

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you for identifying that I come from poverty and don't have the high grammar skills that my peers have.
I should have just not posted and continued to avoid the allo forum.
I'm sorry. I was being unnecessarily harsh and I wasn't intending to suggest anything in regards to poverty. I hope this won't come off as condescending but my recommendation is just gradually introducing more periods at the completion of each thought. Good luck.

I'm sorry. I was being unnecessarily harsh and I wasn't intending to suggest anything in regards to poverty. I hope this won't come off as condescending but my recommendation is just gradually introducing more periods at the completion of each thought. Good luck.
If only Anastomoses gradually introduced more periods at the completion of her thoughts, perhaps she would come off as not dislikeable. Probably not though.

Last edited:
If you sift through world history with a fine mesh sieve, you will come upon this disturbing nugget of knowledge: the root of all Evil thrives in poor grammar.

I disagree I think she's smart. She advertises herself as a med student, smart and attractive. Def get more clients.
And I can guarantee you no one really cares about this in the medical community besides sdn
I think the professors and clinical faculty at the University of Washington would disagree with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I really don't understand how it reflects poorly on the home institution or the profession. It was a,personal decision that was made by an individual. This person could have been in any profession or any med school, but just happened to be in the medical profession at her particular school. Don't get why the students are in a suppossed uproar.

People make poor decisions - I don't think it reflects poorly on her school or the medical profession. It does reflect poorly on her sure, but no way am Igoing to generalize that to her institution and the med profession.

I really don't understand how it reflects poorly on the home institution or the profession. It was a,personal decision that was made by an individual. This person could have been in any profession or any med school, but just happened to be in the medical profession at her particular school. Don't get why the students are in a suppossed uproar.

People make poor decisions - I don't think it reflects poorly on her school or the medical profession. It does reflect poorly on her sure, but no way am Igoing to generalize that to her institution and the med profession.

It doesn't really matter what you choose to think about her; the institution has a reputation to uphold, and such entities/establishments view this kind of thing as a liability, at least in the public perception sense. No school wants to be associated with that kind of publicity, even if she wasn't directly advertising herself as a member of UW.

Most major organizations or institutions work very hard to avoid anything that could possibly tarnish or threaten the integrity or reputation of said organization/institution. As it turns out, the regulatory boards and bigwigs don't actually care what a couple SDN posters do or don't think of this.

Reactions: 4 users