Med School Student Elizabeth Raine 'Auctioning' Her Virginity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
get a room you two!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
She's probably not even a medical student. She most likely is pretending to be one to attract more attention.

If the client was concerned about the legitimacy of her grandiose claims he could always ask her which neurotransmitter is released at the neuromuscular junction before popping the cherry. :p

Reactions: 2 users
If the client was concerned about the legitimacy of her grandiose claims he could always ask her which neurotransmitter is released at the neuromuscular junction before popping the cherry. :p
How did I get a notification saying I was tagged in this post? Hm?

Members don't see this ad :)
She says " focusing on boys' at 27? Really? If this girl is an MD/PhD student, then I'm Doogie Howser.

It would be hilarious if this was some 18 yr old girl that just graduated HS(which is what it sounds like to me), and she actually gets the money.

The HuffPo article confirmed her identity. She is a med student, surprising as it is.

What does "confirmed" mean? They have every incentive in the world to actually expose her TMZ style, yet no one knows her real name? And there are pictures of her face, her life story, and information about what she's doing in school but no one knows who she is..

I'm gonna go ahead and congratulate this person for trololololol

P.S. if any of you guys go to school with her, you would stand to make a pretty good sum for revealing her identity. Not that you can, because she doesn't exist.

IDK

Last edited:
What does "confirmed" mean? They have every incentive in the world to actually expose her TMZ style, yet no one knows her real name? And there are pictures of her face, her life story, and information about what she's doing in school but no one knows who she is

I believe the article said they checked her school ID. The HP is a more reputable organization than TMZ. They have legitimate news articles on their site, not just entertaining tabloid style stories so they actually have a lot to lose by outing someone when they said they wouldn't. It'll make all their news sources (even entertainment news ones) a little more cautious about tipping them off. I don't think HP is lying here. If this girl is a troll (and I agree, it just doesn't add up), then I think HP got trolled too.

On what grounds would the school dismiss her? She is not doing anything illegal because she is working through an Australian agency.
In medical school, an action doesn't have to be unethical or illegal for it to be categorized by medical school administration as being "unprofessional". The word "unprofessional" is a term that is used as a sword against medical students/residents and even attendings. It's like calling someone a "racist" to shut down any debate.

The medical student is in a very precarious position in his/her education. Always remember the adage, "They can always hurt you more".

You sure know a lot about "Elizabeth's" situation, Elisabeth.

Only to the reading impaired. Not one thing I posted on is about Elizabeth's "situation." It's about the reality of med school. Put away the fedora, Dick Tracy. You're nowhere near qualified to wear it.

I think you guys got your wires crossed.

GuyWhoDoesStuff was remarking (making a joke) about the similarity in names between the user Elisabeth Kate and Elizabeth Raines. Hence the "You sure know a lot about "Elizabeth's" situation, Elisabeth." I think this might have been very clear if he had use the emoticon ;) after it. I don't think he was saying that Elisabeth Kate's remark about targeting someone for "professionalism" is untrue or saying he truly believes that Elisabeth Kate is Elizabeth Raines.

Medical schools, depending on the culture, definitely put under a microscope students they deem to be "unprofessional" and try to build a case against them to kick them out. Elizabeth Raine wasn't smart to do this, plain and simple, if she attends a medical school in the United States. @Elisabeth Kate is very correct about this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you guys got your wires crossed.

GuyWhoDoesStuff was remarking (making a joke) about the similarity in names between the user Elisabeth Kate and Elizabeth Raines. Hence the "You sure know a lot about "Elizabeth's" situation, Elisabeth." I think this might have been very clear if he had use the emoticon ;) after it. I don't think he was saying that Elisabeth Kate's remark about targeting someone for "professionalism" is untrue or saying he truly believes that Elisabeth Kate is Elizabeth Raines.

Ding ding ding.

I am still flabbergasted as to how EK missed this.

Ding ding ding.

I completely blame you for the miscommunication, by not using emoticons. lol. j.k. And just so it's clear :mad:, oops I mean ;)

I completely blame you for the miscommunication, by not using emoticons. lol. j.k. And just so it's clear :mad:, oops I mean ;)

I really don't use emoticons, although perhaps I put too much faith in the internet public to discern what is and isn't obviously meant to be sarcastic.

I really don't use emoticons, although perhaps I put too much faith in the internet public to discern what is and isn't obviously meant to be sarcastic.
Yes, I think tone is sometimes hard to get in a internet thread, vs. voice in which you have inflections to help. You guys were talking about two very separate things.

Yes, I think tone is sometimes hard to get in a internet thread, vs. voice in which you have inflections to help. You guys were talking about two very separate things.

Except that, unfortunately, I was the only one who realized from the beginning that she was on a completely different wavelength. I was trying to avoid having to spell it out for her in such a rudimentary manner as you so graciously did above. And, thus, she just kept getting defensive instead of realizing how hilarious the whole misunderstanding was.

http://www.hms.harvard.edu/md_phd/student/current_trainees10.html

(Student's name) and Elizabeth "Raine" seem to bear a slight resemblance. With make up and significant weight loss perhaps?

Google image search ---random student--- (poor girl, getting all scrutinized all of a sudden--hopefully she'd find it funny). Definitely not the same person unless plastic surgery was involved.

Edited because I agree with @Frazier below and didn't think of Google tying this thread to her name. Sorry to this student if she happens to come across this thread.

Oops, edited again because I attributed the comment the wrong user originally

Last edited:
Google image search Elizabeth Mayne (poor girl, getting all scrutinized all of a sudden--hopefully she'd find it funny). Definitely not the same person unless plastic surgery was involved.

I'd be very surprised if this girl truly turned out to be a medical student.

Reactions: 4 users
Google image search Elizabeth Mayne (poor girl, getting all scrutinized all of a sudden--hopefully she'd find it funny). Definitely not the same person unless plastic surgery was involved.
I don't think Elizabeth is even her name. The entire name "Elizabeth Raine" is fake.

I just emailed HP and informed them of the Harvard med student with the similar name..and how they should probably double check their source.

You did what? lol leave the poor Mayne alone.

I just emailed HP and informed them of the Harvard med student with the similar name..and how they should probably double check their source.

you-serious-clark-o.gif

Randomly picking a md/phd student and tying her name and identity to this thread because their "names rhyme" is an idiotic thing to do.

Eventually Google will index it and when people search for HMS student's name, this thread will come up insinuating that she is a prostitute.

Great job, Internet heroes and protectors of medicine.

Reactions: 9 users
Ok Frazier you need to relax. And perhaps check the prior page before YOU speak out of turn. Take it easy there buddy...

Check the prior page for what? I didn't quote your post specifically as I'm aware you didn't start it.

"Speaking out of turn"?

Also don't take offense at the word idiotic, I am not calling you an idiot. You are in all liklihood very intelligent. Nevertheless, intelligent people sometimes do idiotic things.

Ok Frazier you need to relax. And perhaps check the prior page before YOU speak out of turn. Take it easy there buddy...

No. Frazier is right, and you're an idiot. How about letting the journalists find things out, instead of pathetically implicating a student you know nothing about. I would be so pissed if I was that girl reading this.

Hmmm yea uh like I said before, check the prior page "sobered". One of your colleagues posted on this. Secondly, I just joined this site yesterday...I do not know how these forum things work. I am new here, get over it. Now, is there a way to delete posts? No need to name-call.

There should be a way for you to simply edit them. (i.e. edit button somewhere on your post)

That said, I still don't think you are an idiot.

And if you actually edit your posts I'd say you are closer to sensible and wise than not.

Hmmm yea uh like I said before, check the prior page "sobered". One of your colleagues posted on this. Secondly, I just joined this site yesterday...I do not know how these forum things work. I am new here, get over it. Now, is there a way to delete posts? No need to name-call.
If you want to delete posts, you have to become an SDN Donor. There is information on that here somewhere on the website.

So you just joined yesterday, fine. But what about your common sense? And I don't go sifting through all the pages of a thread to respond to something, so not only did I not see someone else post it earlier, I don't care either. You are the one who is very strange for sending an email to a news source about someone you know nothing about, implicating her in something that might be damaging to her in some way, for no reason. And sometimes name calling is appropriate. This is one of those cases.

No sobered you're an angry human being..don't blame your own personal insecurities on me. When was the last time you went to the gym or something? Calling people "idiots" over anonymous boards is really not a good look for a future doctor. Learn how to manage yourself.

No sobered you're an angry human being..don't blame your own personal insecurities on me. When was the last time you went to the gym or something? Calling people "idiots" over anonymous boards is really not a good look for a future doctor. Learn how to manage yourself.

And I'm not sure what land you come from, but name calling is never appropriate, and should always be avoided. You people are quite immature if that's how you think…good luck surviving and managing your own practice if that is how you operate. Your employees will leave you, and no one will want to work beside you with that kind of an attitude.

Awww don't get all defensive. it's okay. we didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but someone had to call you out so you understand why what you did was inappropriate. also learn to combine posts. thanks!

we are actually looking out for each other (not you, but our colleagues in medicine). if you were the harvard student, would you like your real name associated with the med school virgin? think about it. think about it. think about it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure whether this fellow reminds me more of ruralsurg or that dude who changed all his posts into emoticons.

What are you even talking about? Call the freakin' waaaambulence already.

I give you credit for realizing the initial joke was a bit cheesy. I think Elizabeth was just put off by the implication.

No harm done.

Edit: Now I see why I couldn't find your name when I was making the Myers Briggs thread - it's @Elisabeth Kate with an S.

Last edited:
Ding ding ding.

You're flabbergasted about the fact that you said, "You sure know a lot about 'Elizabeth's' situation, Elisabeth." and I dared to think you're implying that I'm the Elizabeth in question? Newsflash for ya -- usually, when people say something like that "sarcastically" (and you should look up the definition of the word sarcastic as it doesn't apply here, regardless of the meaning of your post; the word you're looking for is facetiously), they don't put quotation marks around the real girl's name nor do they leave the statement as is on an Internet forum, where it is impossible to decipher tone.

Orrr, you actually didn't mean anything benign by the statement until you were called it. There's no reason for me to think you were joking when there are posters on here who post that kind of stuff and mean it all day long. How would I know you're any different? Why would I not think you were implying the obvious? In case you don't know, those are what we call rhetorical questions. No need answering them.

Except that, unfortunately, I was the only one who realized from the beginning that she was on a completely different wavelength. I was trying to avoid having to spell it out for her in such a rudimentary manner as you so graciously did above. And, thus, she just kept getting defensive instead of realizing how hilarious the whole misunderstanding was.

Nothing needed to be spelled out. There were only two interpretations of your post -- a joke or not a joke. I took it as "not a joke." Once you said it was a joke in your roundabout, insulting, condescending, pedestrian-I'm-better-than-you way, I replied in-kind, in a roundabout, insulting, condescending, pedestrian-I'm-better-than-you way. Tit for tat. End of story.

You're flabbergasted about the fact that you said, "You sure know a lot about 'Elizabeth's' situation, Elisabeth." and I dared to think you're implying that I'm the Elizabeth in question? Newsflash for ya -- usually, when people say something like that "sarcastically" (and you should look up the definition of the word sarcastic as it doesn't apply here, regardless of the meaning of your post; the word you're looking for is facetiously), they don't put quotation marks around the real girl's name nor do they leave the statement as is on an Internet forum, where it is impossible to decipher tone.

Orrr, you actually didn't mean anything benign by the statement until you were called it. There's no reason for me to think you were joking when there are posters on here who post that kind of stuff and mean it all day long. How would I know you're any different? Why would I not think you were implying the obvious? In case you don't know, those are what we call rhetorical questions. No need answering them.

Nothing needed to be spelled out. There were only two interpretations of your post -- a joke or not a joke. I took it as "not a joke." Once you said it was a joke in your roundabout, insulting, condescending, pedestrian-I'm-better-than-you way, I replied in-kind, in a roundabout, insulting, condescending, pedestrian-I'm-better-than-you way. Tit for tat. End of story.

I can't speak for @GuyWhoDoesStuff himself, but his demeanor tends to be more jocular overall. So it's not really impossible to decipher his tone. Also the woman has already stated, if you look at articles, that "Elizabeth Raines" is not the real girl's name.

He first said:

Then you said:
Only to the reading impaired. Not one thing I posted on is about Elizabeth's "situation." It's about the reality of med school. Put away the fedora, Dick Tracy. You're nowhere near qualified to wear it.

Then he said:
What a strange and oddly defensive reaction to an inane joke. Med school must have you wound way too tightly.

He was obviously being tongue-in-cheek with his original joke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongue-in-cheek). If I had reacted the same way, and went back to read what I wrote, I would have reached the same conclusion of myself of being wound up too tightly. In which case you laugh, realize you took it the opposite for what it was intended, and unwind like all of us do.

Last edited:

This has ventured beyond hilarious now. It's so much more amusing than my original dadhumor joke ever was.

nexusae0_anything-you-can-do.png

I'll be sure not to hurt your soft feelings with terrible jokes next time.

Reactions: 3 users
A couple general thoughts:

1. Agree with those who think this is all shady now that I've looked at the evidence.
2. A reasonably attractive virgin in a western culture at 27...who feels virginity fits like a glove + feels there is zero shame in offering sex for money. Hm...I'm suspecting abnormally low libido?

I don't think she sounded all that dumb in that radio interview. I think a lot of female MD/PhDs could sound like that when trying to be attractive. Maybe for her age she sounds a little silly, but since she doesn't have much experience with men, she probably thinks sounding like that is sexy and will increase her bids.

My observations of GWDS suggest it was purely facetious, dearest. Truthfully, had anyone posted that it could only be taken as facetious...but I understand why it would make the nose wrinkle in distaste.

You're both too lovely not to kiss and make up.

She says " focusing on boys' at 27? Really? If this girl is an MD/PhD student, then I'm Doogie Howser.

I call males "boys" when they are of interest. What's the big deal?

I don't think she sounded all that dumb in that radio interview. I think a lot of female MD/PhDs could sound like that when trying to be attractive. Maybe for her age she sounds a little silly, but since she doesn't have much experience with men, she probably thinks sounding like that is sexy and will increase her bids.

I designed a graph to explain what I worry these girls think our perception must be:

EjfEBhS.png

A couple general thoughts:

1. Agree with those who think this is all shady now that I've looked at the evidence.
2. A reasonably attractive virgin in a western culture at 27...who feels virginity fits like a glove + feels there is zero shame in offering sex for money. Hm...I'm suspecting abnormally low libido?
I know this will shock you, but there are girls who wish to stay virgins and save themselves, or are greatly afraid of the pain of intercourse for the first time, and don't have vaginismus.

I designed a graph to explain what I worry these girls think our perception must be:

EjfEBhS.png
Is this testable on Step I?

I know this will shock you, but there are girls who wish to stay virgins and save themselves, or are greatly afraid of the pain of intercourse for the first time, and don't have vaginismus.
And don't think it's shameful to sell sex? Find me one.

It was a f***ing joke. Chill. How did a simple [obvious] dad joke lead to 2 pages of incessant whining and overanalyzing? Talk about type A personalities, Jesus.

It was a f***ing joke. Chill. How did a simple [obvious] dad joke lead to 2 pages of incessant whining and overanalyzing? Talk about type A personalities, Jesus.
Behave. Nobody likes to be told to chill and you know it. At least we all learned what a dadjoke is.

EjfEBhS.png

Yeah, unfortunately I do think a lot of very young or very inexperienced women think that's how men perceive things. (And I'm not necessarily saying virgins are inexperienced when it comes to dating, but this virgin we're talking about seems to be reinforcing the idea that she's very naive about any romantic relations with men). Actually, replace "pretty" with "hot" or "sexy" and it's probably a more accurate depiction of how some girls think guys think. There are a lot of examples of cute, pretty, usually brunette smart girls in the media, but not a lot of examples of hot, sexy, "bombshell" smart girls. And if there is a character who is highlighted both for her sexuality and brains, it's usually part of the plot, ie the story is pointing out how unusual it is for a woman to be both.

Haha these are good general thoughts. Heck, I'm just happy the heat's finally off of me. Now I can stop acting like ruralsuck and go back to focusing on the important things..like this case :)

Possible low libido, but I'm not sure how that would correlate to a lack of shame lol. I'm actually going with the possibility of a full blown scam now. Inclusive of a complete (and fully confidential) hymen reconstruction. 6k for the procedure, w/a return of 450k a few years later..sounds like a solid investment to me. Here's the pricing for anyone interested...
http://manhattancenterforvaginalsurgery.com/hymenoplasty-procedure/

Hopefully external links are allowed here. Don't want to get yelled at again. :vamp:

You can get it done for much less if you bargain w/the surgeon. ;)

I'm correlating her lack of shame about selling her girly bits with low libido because a girl that uninhibited and or lacking religious brainwashing has even less motivation to keep from engaging in sex.

Aside: And you're far too light-hearted to be ruralsurg. You could feel the burdensome heaviness when that guy was going on and on and on.

I'm selling my body for someone with good brains. I'll be your stay at home dad. All I ask for is food and an occasional bj.

Status
Not open for further replies.