Drexel DPMS 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just curious anyone on here have an interview this week?? or maybe next week??

Also for those of you yet to interview there is a free drexel shuttle for the medical students that takes you from the city out to the location of the medical school. So, if you staying in the city you can ride the shuttle in the morning over to the med school and then back at the end of the day.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview this Thursday. =)
The bed and breakfast I am staying at offers a free ride to the interview as well.

Good luck! Lets us know how many people interview with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just curious anyone on here have an interview this week?? or maybe next week??

Also for those of you yet to interview there is a free drexel shuttle for the medical students that takes you from the city out to the location of the medical school. So, if you staying in the city you can ride the shuttle in the morning over to the med school and then back at the end of the day.

I had the interview yesterday and to answer your quesiton, there is a shuttle that runs from the downtown (Hanheman) Campus (which is where the DPMS students will take the classes) to the Queen Lane campus located in East Falls (this is the campus where the med school students take classes). The shuttle runs M-F I forget the times though, and I do not (unfortunately) know if it is free. I am sure if you call drexel, they would be more than willing to provide you with details. They are extremely nice.

Hi,

I don't recall them telling us when we'll find out. Anyone know?

Thanks, good luck!

Hi,

I don't recall them telling us when we'll find out. Anyone know?

Thanks, good luck!

Just curious how many people interviewed on your day?

To answer your question from my understanding they wont let anyone know anything until the first week of June. Since they are still conducting interviews this week on Weds and Thurs, then the committee meets up and goes over all the interviewees to make their decisions. :scared: haha

There were 8 people that interviewed on my day. First week of June eh? Guess that means June 7th! AHH so long..

Question. So I'm interested in applying for this program next year.

I am a URM and currently have a c/sGPA of 3.39/3.22. Assuming I do not fall below this, would I be considered "overqualified" for the program? I absolutely 100% do not mean this in a conceited way if anyone thinks that, I've just heard that some SMP/SSP/post-bac programs are geared towards the latter/higher end of the 3.X/2.X s/cGPA group, respectively, and have even turned away applicants for being overqualified. And it seems from reading past years' posts that the successful applicants had lower GPAs than my current GPA.

Question. So I'm interested in applying for this program next year.

I am a URM and currently have a c/sGPA of 3.39/3.22. Assuming I do not fall below this, would I be considered "overqualified" for the program? I absolutely 100% do not mean this in a conceited way if anyone thinks that, I've just heard that some SMP/SSP/post-bac programs are geared towards the latter/higher end of the 3.X/2.X s/cGPA group, respectively, and have even turned away applicants for being overqualified. And it seems from reading past years' posts that the successful applicants had lower GPAs than my current GPA.

Hey,

No, the average stats for the program are 3.4—3.5 and a 25 MCAT. People at my interview had 3.6s and 3.8s and stuff. They look more at your application and story than your numbers.

Good luck everyone! :) What is the difference between Track 1 and Track 2?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going crazy yo. This is the slowest week in the history of the universe. COME ON DREXEL GIVE ME A CHANCE!

Anyway... Track 1 means you have to retake the MCAT and a prep course is embedded into the curriculum. Track 2 means you already have a satisfactory MCAT, so instead of taking an MCAT prep class during the year, you have to take medical immunology.

Thanks for the clarification! Hope you get in!! :luck:

Does anyone know of there are breaks still? Like is there a long winter/semester break where we'd be able to visit home?

Does anyone know of there are breaks still? Like is there a long winter/semester break where we'd be able to visit home?
I not sure for a fact but I would assume they would. At least the same breaks the med students get, since I think most of the classes are the same as the med students just televised on the other campus. So, when they don't have class I would assume neither would the DPMS students. Hope that helps!

Although for me I'm just more so worried about getting accepted haha.. good luck to everyone now we just have a few more days to find out!!! :scared:

Yes. You will have time to visit home. You have the same breaks as the med students and a few random days off there for those other minor holidays. When you get your acceptance notification and on the day of orientation you'll know the specifics (and be able to look at webcampus for it as well).

when should we expect to hear back?

Next week. Some may begin hearing this weekend but the majority will be next week. That will allow some time for those that are working to put in their 2 weeks notification and to put your $ down for your seat to hold.

Good luck and excited to see a good lot of you start. There were a lot of incredible applicants this year :) All the best to you in the coming week!!

Omg....that seems so far away and classes start the 24th. This is so nerve wrecking :-(

Next week. Some may begin hearing this weekend but the majority will be next week. That will allow some time for those that are working to put in their 2 weeks notification and to put your $ down for your seat to hold.

Good luck and excited to see a good lot of you start. There were a lot of incredible applicants this year :) All the best to you in the coming week!!

Hey Dracosrg thank you so much for all of your help in prepping us and providing so much valuable information! I was just wondering if you would happen to know how much the down payment is? Thank you so much! I am really praying and hoping that we all get in! :)

Hey Dracosrg thank you so much for all of your help in prepping us and providing so much valuable information! I was just wondering if you would happen to know how much the down payment is? Thank you so much! I am really praying and hoping that we all get in! :)

$500 is what I recall for a matriculation fee. When you receive your materials of acceptance it will be detailed in the letter. But I may be getting confused w/ the fee I recall being higher at the beginning of the year academic year because that seems a bit steep to hold a spot. Sorry- I'll retract and say I don't recall-- don't want to provide misinformation.

GOING CRAZY!!!! :eek: I can't even move on with life because I'm staring at the email!

GOING CRAZY!!!! :eek: I can't even move on with life because I'm staring at the email!

Same here. This wait is unbearable. Plus this will be a big move for me from Miami on short notice, so that is adding to my anxiety:scared: lol. good luck to those waiting!

I definitely agree.
I'm coming from California.
Good luck everyone!

Glad to know I'm not to only one going crazy with anxiety! Definitely been stalking my email and this forum for any news lol soon though hopefully! :)

I agree with everyone!! I have been religiously checking my email and even looking on here for any news.. ughhh going crazy with this wait. I would also have a ways to go if I got in, coming from Florida

I'm just gonna guess that it's Sunday.....

Last edited:
I'm just gonna guess that it's Sunday..... evening, when we'll find out. That's still the first week of June :( It's been really hard to keep studying for my MCAT, that is in 1 month, since my interview haha.

Man I hope not! I have to give an answer to a job offer! What do I do?!

Not everyone will hear, if any at all, this week, and some will next week. Traditionally people heard 2 weeks prior and 1 week prior to the program starting. Reason being is there are a lot of great applicants they're going through to fill these positions. Some will hear later as some people that are accepted decide not to do the program for whatever reason and they may hear even later and close to the beginning of the program.
It's a difficult balance and situation for any w/ other offers and opportunities but all I can say is to be upfront and honest on what you're waiting for to make your decision. If the other opportunities are such that you don't think you'll be able to do them again then maybe this program should be revisited next year.
For those that get the acceptances...the huge inconveniences you'll be dealing with (either moving, leaving your job, etc) will quickly dissipate when you realize the immense opportunity you've just been given. This program is phenomenal, and really preps you for future successes. Can't stress that enough. All the best to everyone and compartmentalize as much as you can for the time being while you wait. :)

Hi All,

I emailed Kareem asking if he had any updates on decisions. He said that all final decisions will be made by Monday and that if we do not hear anything by tuesday to email Kelli Kennedy (admissions director). Guess its still a waiting game.....at least only till tuesday! Let's hope this deadline he says isnt going to get pushed back any further! goodluck! hope we all hear good news :)

ME TOO. BOOM!!! See you in 2 weeks. We are Dragons! Good luck all

Praise the name of Jesus! I am in! God is so great! I can't wait to meet you all! :)

Congrats to everyone that got in!! Looks like I'm still on the waiting block since I haven't gotten an email yet.. so hopefully I'll be hearing some positive news tomorrow! :xf:

Congrats to everyone that got in!! Looks like I'm still on the waiting block since I haven't gotten an email yet.. so hopefully I'll be hearing some positive news tomorrow! :xf:
Wow congrats to you all! I'm also still waiting to hear back but hopefully good news to come soon :)

I received my acceptance earlier today as well!!!! God is soooo GOOD!!! Im so thankful for this opportunity! I look forward to seeing all those accepted in a couple weeks! Ahhhh get ready!!! (just joined the FB group!) :):):oops:

Is everyone in the program assigned to the same place?
I've been assigned to Towers.

Is everyone in the program assigned to the same place?
I've been assigned to Towers.

Me too! I think we all have been assigned to Towers! Hope to see you all soon! :)

I saw online that the Towers is 3 people/bedroom...anyone know if that's actually true?? Cause that'd be a cramped 6 weeks! Lol

I saw online that the Towers is 3 people/bedroom...anyone know if that's actually true?? Cause that'd be a cramped 6 weeks! Lol
it is ...you can look at the room layout and virtual tour on the website