2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has VCOM sent out rejections yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A, good luck! I really liked the vibe but I got into one in my home state which works better for me.

Reactions: 1 users
How long is the screening process supposed to take

Any movement here? I completed in october, still showing screening. I really want to go to this school oo. I cannot be left behind. Is anyone in my shoes?

Any movement here? I completed in october, still showing screening. I really want to go to this school oo. I cannot be left behind. Is anyone in my shoes?
Me too. Complete since like September. I spoke to an adcom about this and she said it was complete on her end and the applications go into a “bucket” and you compete against a stack. Your app can be called for an interview at anytime and I don't think m they send out rejections until the end of cycle.

Mine just finished screening. I was complete 11/29

Pre II R. Does that mean I’m rejected from all the campuses?

Pre II R this afternoon. Do all rejection emails have the info about ways to strengthen your app for the next cycle or apply for their master's program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II R this afternoon. Do all rejection emails have the info about ways to strengthen your app for the next cycle or apply for their master's program?

+1. Mine had that too.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m sorry about that. When were you (or anyone who received this pre-ii rejection) marked complete?

Submitted my secondary back in November. Haven't heard anything about being complete. Status just says "Secondary Submitted". I know its late, but is it standard for it to take over 2 months to just get complete?

Submitted my secondary back in November. Haven't heard anything about being complete. Status just says "Secondary Submitted". I know its late, but is it standard for it to take over 2 months to just get complete?

Yeah my apps to DO schools were a little all over the place. I think for some schools, it means they've received all materials and for others it means they've begun the review of your app and are now seeing everything is there? I submitted in July, got the complete email in August and then an interview in October. Received the A soon after.

II this afternoon. Submitted end of October. Lot of interview dates available. However, there are no more virtual interview options remaining :(

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on 11/19 and got the "application complete email" 1/3. A little under 2 months but they might go out of order?

I submitted my secondary in December late and got the complete email on 1/16.

Hi, i got an interview recently and am not too familiar with the format. does anyone know if the only ones available in person?? or can we change to online interview?

Hi, i got an interview recently and am not too familiar with the format. does anyone know if the only ones available in person?? or can we change to online interview?

The only option when I interviewed in Fall was in-person. I actually really enjoyed the in-person format and think it ended up benefitting me. Idk I feel like it can be hard to come across as genuine on a virtual interview.

The only option when I interviewed in Fall was in-person. I actually really enjoyed the in-person format and think it ended up benefitting me. Idk I feel like it can be hard to come across as genuine on a virtual interview.
yea i totally get that its just that i work full time in another state so it’s hard to come in on a random tuesday or something

yea i totally get that its just that i work full time in another state so it’s hard to come in on a random tuesday or something

I had the same issue and emailed. They said no more virtual spots this seasons but were super nice and gave me more options to switch to further out. It was still Tuesday and Wednesday options but allowed time to plan.

I had the same issue and emailed. They said no more virtual spots this seasons but were super nice and gave me more options to switch to further out. It was still Tuesday and Wednesday options but allowed time to plan.
So does no more "this season" mean that there are no more virtual spots at all this application cycle? I am confused by this.

So does no more "this season" mean that there are no more virtual spots at all this application cycle? I am confused by this.

Yes, no more virtual interviews for this school this cycle

had my interview today and not feeling too great afterwards :/...anyone thought they didn't do as great but ended up getting accepted? I need moral support lmao
Which location were you at? I also did my interview Thursday in Louisiana!

Hey everyone, I submitted my secondary for VCOM back in September 19. Last I heard from them was around that time telling me my secondary was received and my application is being reviewed and they will continue to interview into spring, 2024. I still haven’t received any update on my application and was wondering if it’s possible that I got ghosted? or do they typically inform the applicant on their status if they are not offered an interview?

Received an acceptance yesterday for the Louisiana campus!

VCOM needs to stop sending so many emails that are not interview invites. Each time I get one I get more mad about the useless emails.

Reactions: 6 users
VCOM needs to stop sending so many emails that are not interview invites. Each time I get one I get more mad about the useless emails.
VCOM invited me to meet with them at their health career showcase on my university campus so they could explain why their program is a great choice for me. This was after they had rejected me, though. I appreciate the thought but a double check would be nice LOL

Just withdrew my acceptance! Such a great school. I went to the in-person interview last fall and thought it was one of the most welcoming schools I've seen. Hoping this opportunity goes to one of you!

Does anyone know if the Virginia campus is full? Are they done interviewing?

Does anyone know if the Virginia campus is full? Are they done interviewing?
Hi! VCOM-VA admissions ambassador here! I thought I would make an account to help answer some of the questions I've seen on this thread. I'm happy to talk to the admissions staff on campus if anyone wants any general questions answered. They're all super kind and knowledgeable people. :)

To answer the initial question, they are still interviewing. They won't finish interviewing until mid-April.

Last edited:
I'm currently finishing up my second year at VCOM - Virginia campus. You can double-check with the admissions office to confirm this, but when I applied (and I believe this still applies now), you only had to "apply" to one of the campuses on the AACOMAS application. There is no need to apply to all four (that was just a waste of money). Then, if/when you get a secondary application, you could indicate your preference of campus, if you had one. They then take that into account when looking through your application/sending interview invites for a specific campus. Essentially it didn't matter which campus your original primary application went through. Again, you may want to double-check, but I think this remains the case.
I know this is a really late reply, but I'm hoping people applying in the upcoming application cycle see this. AACOMAS allows you to submit an application to all 4 campuses, but it is a waste of your money. All of this money goes to AACOMAS. Once you submit your application to any one of the 4 VCOM campuses, you have applied to all of them.

Hi! VCOM-VA admissions ambassador here! I thought I would make an account to help answer some of the questions I've seen on this thread. I'm happy to talk to the admissions staff on campus if anyone wants any general questions answered. They're all super kind and knowledgeable people. :)

To answer the initial question, they are still interviewing. They won't finish interviewing until mid-April.
Are they still sending interview invitations out? i have not heard anything since i complete late last year

Hi, I applied to VCOM in October and have not heard anything yet. I made a 502 on the MCAT with multiple takes. I have about 500 clinical hours as a medical scribe. I feel like I am not going to get accepted unless I make above 510. I am thinking about quiting my scribe job to study to full time to get my score up. Is 500 hours as a medical scribe enough? I really enjoy working as a scribe but the stats do not lie that MCAT is the most important factor to getting accepted despite adcoms saying its not.