2023-2024 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II on 09/21 and got a placed on the AL list via mail today, 10/17. At least not an R so I’m hopeful!! Kinda bummed since I loved that interview and the people at the school.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Any current students willing to let me PM them a question about rotations

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an OOS student and submitted my secondary on 10/3, kinda late to the game but really hoping to interview here. Anyone know how long it usually takes them to send out II's?

I'm an OOS student and submitted my secondary on 10/3, kinda late to the game but really hoping to interview here. Anyone know how long it usually takes them to send out II's?

Two days after sending my secondary in they contacted me about a pre-req and once I sorted that out I got the II a week after that, OOS as well. So maybe soon for you if you get it, good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
“Join us….

For a fireside chat!”

I’d rather like to join for an interview please and thank you lol

Reactions: 5 users
“Join us….

For a fireside chat!”

I’d rather like to join for an interview please and thank you lol
same lol, but I think I read someone was offered an II after attending a few of the fireside chats so I think it wouldn't hurt to attend at least one of them haha

Can anyone please explain how the fire side chats work? Do I need to have my camera on? Dress professionally? Actually speak? Any information I would be grateful for!

Can anyone please explain how the fire side chats work? Do I need to have my camera on? Dress professionally? Actually speak? Any information I would be grateful for!
You don’t need to have the camera on. You can if you want to. No one talks besides someone from admissions and one current students. Basically the admissions asks the current students questions about the school and they answer. It is a way for prospective students to learn more about wvsom. You don’t need to dress professionally. I have seen people wear a variety of things. We, prospective students, only respond or ask questions by using the chat feature. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
You don’t need to have the camera on. You can if you want to. No one talks besides someone from admissions and one current students. Basically the admissions asks the current students questions about the school and they answer. It is a way for prospective students to learn more about wvsom. You don’t need to dress professionally. I have seen people wear a variety of things. We, prospective students, only respond or ask questions by using the chat feature. Hope this helps!

Awesome bless you thank you!!

accepted today! Interviewed last week

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked with a current student about an accepted group and she had said one usually pops up on fb around Janurary.

Y’all can definitely make an unofficial one for the time being, if you’d like. Might be beneficial for connecting with your potential future classmates early.

That’s what we did last year and it worked out well.

I heard this school has a new curriculum coming out next year. Does anybody who has interviewed or contacted them have more information? I'm definitely interested in learning more about it.

I heard this school has a new curriculum coming out next year. Does anybody who has interviewed or contacted them have more information? I'm definitely interested in learning more about it.
They touched on this a lot during the interview/info sesh. It seems like they are doing an amazing job with supporting students' mental health during med school and the new curriculum shows that. They were working on it for a couple of years, apparently and from what I remember, it gives students 1 week off after each unit where they can either take an elective, re-take a class they failed, or go home/chill. They're also combining units like cardio 1 and 2 into one unit during first year so I guess you're still in that "flow" instead of waiting to take cardio 2 as a second year. Also mentioned that there will be a lot more transparency between what information is taught and what is tested. Overall, it gave a good impression, and current students say they wish they had this new curriculum instead. It did seem like they're taking a lot of the "fluff" out of their curriculum that they don't think is necessary for medical school, so that could be a negative if you want a truly comprehensive education, but that's just my two cents

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Personally, my interview was sent out after a month and a half of my secondary submission (I think). I was not able to pay the supplemental fee for a while, but once I did, they got to me pretty quickly.

You're invited to my new group 'WVSOM unofficial Class of 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Just figured I would start one for us! :)

How can I register? I see one on December, 07 on their site.

How can I register? I see one on December, 07 on their site.
Try googling wvsom fireside chats. Here is the link

Did anyone interview 11/09 Thursday hear any decisions back today?

OOS II 11/28, no slots until January after I need to put down a deposit to a current A but still gonna interview. Love the school from what I've learned

anyone heard back from the 1/4 interview?

The meeting with the Dean is usually on Wednesdays, but I don’t know the exact time. As such, the Dean might not even have completed making decisions and will then have to call/email everyone… there’s still tomorrow and Friday when it’s much more likely