2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my II yesterday.

Is anyone else who received a II having trouble scheduling? I filled out the interview update form, but when I go to the interview tab the calendar is all greyed out. There are no interview dates, no matter which month I check.
Did they email you or was it a portal change?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone who has interviewed here in the past could give an idea of what the VCOM interview looks like I'd really appreciate it! I've heard it's very relaxed, but it being an open file interview is a bit nerve-wracking so I'd love to hear thoughts from those that have interviewed here

hey everyone, just got a II. apparently there's only in-person interviews... next virtual is december 5th.. any current M1's who can speak about the interview?? thank you so much!

Submitted my secondary 7/21 and it still hasn't been marked complete......should I email them to ask if they need anything else, or should I just wait it out? What do y'all think?

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted my secondary 7/21 and it still hasn't been marked complete......should I email them to ask if they need anything else, or should I just wait it out? What do y'all think?
I submitted on 7/10 and am still on screening as well. Anyone else in same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Application got marked complete today! Submitted 7/21. The email said it is now in the queue to be reviewed.

I submitted my primary mid june and haven’t heard anything from VCOM except for an email saying my app is scheduled for review by the committee. Should i contact them or is this one of their silent R’s?

I submitted my primary mid june and haven’t heard anything from VCOM except for an email saying my app is scheduled for review by the committee. Should i contact them or is this one of their silent R’s?

In the same boat

Definitely a little weird that feels like a long time to not get a secondary back. Did you check your spam and everything? If not it may be worth reaching out.

Definitely a little weird that feels like a long time to not get a secondary back. Did you check your spam and everything? If not it may be worth reaching out.

The email I initially got that said I was being reviewed for a secondary did say at the bottom it may take months to get one but probably can’t hurt to just check in?

I submitted my AACOMAS for here July 12, still haven't received a secondary email, I'm OOS, should I be worried

Thank you for responding…
As a M2 at VCOM, do you guys know why AOA 2023 labeled all 4 campuses with “Heightened Monitoring” this year?
I’m applying but just curious as to why… seems like a solid program otherwise.
Current OMS-2 here. In case this questions hasn't been answered yet: The "heightened monitoring" is something that the AOA designates a school and its campuses as when a new campus opens. Louisiana hasn't graduated their first class yet but when they do this designation will be changed.

Hi - I submitted my primary on July 27th, but have not heard anything regarding a secondary yet. Am I too late? OOS, ORM, but VCOM is my #1.

Hi - I submitted my primary on July 27th, but have not heard anything regarding a secondary yet. Am I too late? OOS, ORM, but VCOM is my #1.
I submitted primary on 7/12 and just got secondary on 8/6. OOS too. You are fine. Just be patient my friend ☺️

I interviewed here recently. Here are my thoughts.

The interviews are in person and smaller groups. They will have 4-5 sessions of interviews before offering any acceptance. So they are probably are busy prepping for interviews and afterwards will send more invites.

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted primary on 7/12 and just got secondary on 8/6. OOS too. You are fine. Just be patient my friend ☺️
Thank you!! I figured this was the case, but not sure if VCOM does silent rejections. Good luck! :)

Thank you!! I figured this was the case, but not sure if VCOM does silent rejections. Good luck! :)
While I didn’t get in past time, I submitted my primary app in September and didn’t get a secondary till the next year February.

…so it could be a ridiculously long time.

• Sad
Does anyone know if they offer virtual interviews?

They do but it won’t be offered late into the cycle. When I got my II they said they next date available would be in Dec. It might even change by then.

They do but it won’t be offered late into the cycle. When I got my II they said they next date available would be in Dec. It might even change by then.
They're really charging through these interviews - not just this school, but also other institutions.

Slightly worried that means late interviewers will be either fighting for WL spots...or get post-interview rejections.

I interviewed here recently. Here are my thoughts.

The interviews are in person and smaller groups. They will have 4-5 sessions of interviews before offering any acceptance. So they are probably are busy prepping for interviews and afterwards will send more invites.
By "in person and smaller groups" do you mean group interviews or just that there are few students present? I interview this upcoming week.

By "in person and smaller groups" do you mean group interviews or just that there are few students present? I interview this upcoming week.
Interviews are alone with two faculty members and the rest of the day is with a group. Good luck with your interview!

Just got an open house invite. Have not received an interview. Is this actually beneficial to my application?

Reactions: 1 users
I did too! I would assume it is I mean they specifically state that it may be beneficial for people seeking interviews.

"We have begun our interviews for the 2023-2024 cycle, so this would be a great opportunity to have your application noticed and reviewed early in the cycle, and get a feel for the program."

Sounds like a "we strongly suggest" situation lol.

Just got an open house invite. Have not received an interview. Is this actually beneficial to my application?

That is interesting. I haven't received such a message in my inbox as of yet. Hopefully this isn't an ominous sign of things to come.

Is anyone going to the VCOM open house at the end of September? they are one of my top DO schools and I want to know if it would truly help my application get noticed like they claim.

I'm signed up to go I mean why not lol seems like a pretty cool opportunity to get to know the school a little better!

Did anyone else get a phone call for their II? I got one yesterday but the online portal has not changed and I haven't gotten anything in my email

OOS II this morning! Received through email.