2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL today interviewed 2/15. Does anyone know if their waitlist moves quick

Members don't see this ad.

WL today interviewed 2/15. Does anyone know if their waitlist moves quick
What time did you get your email? I interviewed recently and I’m waiting to hear back. If they are sending out emails today, hopefully I will get one soon.

Also, did it come through the application portal or to your actual email or both?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my email a few mins before I posted. It was to my actual email, I haven’t checked the application portal. Good luck!
Did they tell your group that they would send out emails for ejection? Because it makes me concerned that I have not heard yet, but I imagine they would tell us either way. Maybe they’re with making their way down the email list and I’ll get one shortly this afternoon. I will have to look at the booklet they gave us to see if they sent out emails if we are rejected or not.

Did they tell your group that they would send out emails for ejection? Because it makes me concerned that I have not heard yet, but I imagine they would tell us either way. Maybe they’re with making their way down the email list and I’ll get one shortly this afternoon. I will have to look at the booklet they gave us to see if they sent out emails if we are rejected or not.
They told my group they would email for a waitlist or rejection and call for an acceptance.They sent it to my email that I used to send a pic of my drivers license. Let me know, good luck 👍

Cool thanks, did you send a letter of intent?
Yes I did, I sent one shortly before my interview, and one of my interviewers said that he, “appreciates that I fit the mission statement“, and that he “hopes things go well for me“. Plus I am in-state, so I’m really hoping that I’ll get a waitlist spot.

Did you submit a letter of intent?

Edited for grammar, I used speech to text

Can anyone give a rough rundown of the interview day schedule? Mine is next week but haven't heard anything yet

Can anyone give a rough rundown of the interview day schedule? Mine is next week but haven't heard anything yet
8:45: arrive/check in
9-10: presentations
10-11.30: interviews (2 interviews back to back)
11.30-12.15: driving tour of Auburn (they drive you to the rec center on the Auburn campus)
12.15-1.30: campus tour and lunch with current students, wrap up, etc..

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call this morning from the Carolina’s campus but they didn’t leave a voicemail. I tried to call back but no one answered 😭. Idk if this is good or bad

OOS with strong rural ties, got an interview invite today, scheduled in mid-March. Do I still have a strong chance this late in the game? What should I expect during the interview? Did it seem pretty relaxed?

This may have been answered already but should I submit a letter of intent through email or as an update letter through the application portal?

OMSI here, waitlist moves through June. Don’t worry!!! Sit tight and have faith.

Did you email them through the VCOM Auburn admission email? Because I've been emailing them and they haven't responded back to me yet
I did not send a letter of intent. I heard back before I had a chance to, but I did communicate with them about some other questions I had via that email.

I know this is late but marked complete this morning, OOS II less than 10 minutes later! Hoping for the best this late in the cycle!

I know this is late but marked complete this morning, OOS II less than 10 minutes later! Hoping for the best this late in the cycle!
I withdrew my II this morning. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there usually any significant waitlist movement before May? I have pretty decent stats I think ( MCAT: 510, GPA: 4.0) but I'm still very nervous with not knowing waitlist placement and movement.

Accepted off the waitlist like a week ago. Forgot to post. I was only on the WL for like 2 weeks..

Reactions: 3 users
Got an email yesterday offering me a seat for the class of 2029 but that there’s still “very much” a chance of being pulled off the waitlist for this cycle

Got an email yesterday offering me a seat for the class of 2029 but that there’s still “very much” a chance of being pulled off the waitlist for this cycle
How does that work if you don't get pulled off the waitlist this cycle? Do you have to reapply and interview again for the next cycle or do you get automatic admission?

How does that work if you don't get pulled off the waitlist this cycle? Do you have to reapply and interview again for the next cycle or do you get automatic admission?
It doesn’t say anything about an interview in the email so most likely won’t interview again. Same thing with reapplying

I saw where an OMS1 mentioned that the waitlist moves through June. Does the movement still occur when people are being offered spots for the class of 2029? I interviewed on 2/8 and was placed on the waitlist on 2/13, so I'm starting to feel discouraged even after submitting a letter of intent haha

I saw where an OMS1 mentioned that the waitlist moves through June. Does the movement still occur when people are being offered spots for the class of 2029? I interviewed on 2/8 and was placed on the waitlist on 2/13, so I'm starting to feel discouraged even after submitting a letter of intent haha
I interviewed last week, they said their waitlist is usually a good place to be due to it having significant movement, and that letters of intent and updates do improve your position on the waitlist. At the time of my interview, they are interviewing for the waitlist and those that interviewed last week are supposed to hear if we are WL or R tomorrow. WL movement will probably pick up soon I’m sure.

I have withdrawn my seat. I'm excited for one of y'all to get it!! Good luck everyone. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Those that were offered seats to the next class will be offered a seat for the incoming class as people withdraw. Then they will pull from those remaining on waitlist up until the day classes start. Send in LOI and additional LOR’s to boost your app. If you submit a LOI, make sure you state something new and how it relates coming here. Show admin you want to be here!

I too interviewed in February, (mid February to be exact) and got accepted in late June/early July!

Just withdrew my A so hopefully it goes to one of you guys! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey for anyone who did the background check already did you have to send in W-2s?