2023-2024 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know if post-interview there are rejections? or does it just tend to be acceptance or waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone feel like they bombed their interview?

I hate open-file, low-MCAT is always a topic 🥲
lmao I came here to say the same thing. The guy cooked me on that one semester I had to withdraw from my classes for health reason, lol by the time I was done it just sounded like nonsense and he went well thank you for interviewing with us. And as I was about to close he was like actually I had more questions. Yes Aint no way they letting me in lmao

lmao I came here to say the same thing. The guy cooked me on that one semester I had to withdraw from my classes for health reason, lol by the time I was done it just sounded like nonsense and he went well thank you for interviewing with us. And as I was about to close he was like actually I had more questions. Yes Aint no way they letting me in lmao

Feel the same way lmao. Backed me into a corner about why my score didn’t improve, I swear no answer I had would’ve made a difference

Reactions: 1 user
Do you feel that professors teach material that is actually relevant to boards or are students expected to learn extraneous information that won’t show up on board exams?

Edit: I know the curriculum is changing but how do you feel in your experience?
Depends on the teacher really. Best advice I ever got was study what they want you to know for the exam and then narrow things down using First Aid. For example, one of our teachers goes HARD on details that I've never seen in First Aid. So you learn it and then forget about the nitty gritty details before boards/ dedicated.

Edit: The teachers that go too deep into details are very few and far between. Most reference board review books to make sure their material is relevant.

Last edited:
im interviewing next Monday... do we get a decision the same week?
We were told that the committee would meet on Tuesday and we might start receiving call today. Not sure if the committee meet every Tuesday or every other Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an II here, was not expecting anything to hear anything this late haha

When is the first day of school here? Is there an academic calendar that has been posted yet for 2024-2025 year?

A quick question for current WVSOM students and other admitted students, when should we start looking for housing? Is it already late at this point? Or people don’t normally start looking until April?

A quick question for current WVSOM students and other admitted students, when should we start looking for housing? Is it already late at this point? Or people don’t normally start looking until April?

Try to secure housing asap. A lot of the good places get taken up quick, so it’s best to start looking now.

The Facebook Wvsom class of 2028 (maybe even 2027) page should have community members sharing their listings on there!

Last edited:
Try to secure housing asap. A lot of the good places get taken up quick, so it’s best to start looking now.

The Facebook Wvsom class of 2028 (maybe even 2027) page should have community members sharing their listings on there!
Thank you for your advice!

I think they’re on spring break this week so likely won’t hear back until hopefully next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an A via phone calll as well! Interviewed 3/14

Last edited:
What time did you guys get the phone call around? And I guess if we didn’t get it today then waitlist/rejection?