2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for people who got the A, are we good to chill until dec 14th? when the deposit is due? like they are holding our spots until then right?
Also wondering the same

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah, like i got the A email + letter in the mail, but i just wanna make sure that im good until the deposit is due. like do i have to fill out anything rn lol? so yeah

Yes our spots are held until Dec 14. They really emphasized to me that they would like accepted students to either pay deposit or decline as soon as possible though, so they can accept more applicants of course. But no, you shouldn’t have to fill out anything

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! For those that interviewed here in person, what questions did you guys get asked. There is not that much on the interview feedback for VCOM-Auburn, so I was wondering?

Hey friends, I assume most of you applying to VCOM Auburn are from nearby in the southeast. If you had a choice, which would you choose—VCOM Auburn or PCOM Georgia (Suwanee)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey friends, I assume most of you applying to VCOM Auburn are from nearby in the southeast. If you had a choice, which would you choose—VCOM Auburn or PCOM Georgia (Suwanee)?
current student, I chose vcom auburn over pcom ga. if i had to do it over again, I would still choose vcom.

Can you tell us why? I am also choosing between the two schools. Thanks.
i would choose PCOM-ga. but im interested in hearing why they chose the other. this was my reasoning for choosing PCOM >> VCOM: no mandatory lecture, no dress code, exams are curved (according to past students), one of the "founding" DO schools (amazing reputation), and they have their own residencies

Can you tell us why? I am also choosing between the two schools. Thanks.
First time pass right for boards is 99% (way higher than pcom-ga). They give us an ample amount to prepare for boards. 100% match rate. Good variety of rotation sites (over 10). You have one core rotation site.
Yes we have mandatory lectures, but they are not as bad as they seem. It’s 70/30. Which is pretty good, in my opinion. Business casual is required, but that does not mean dress up in a suit everyday, you can literally wear khakis and a business cas top and be okay. VCOM is a test heavy school, which I’m very grateful for it keeps you on top of the material so you won’t be crammed for boards! In the long run, all of this is extremely beneficial. You can message me if you have any further questions.

Does VCOM allow campus changes. If one is interviewed/admitted for LA campus, can one move to Virginia Campus etc? Thx.

First time pass right for boards is 99% (way higher than pcom-ga). They give us an ample amount to prepare for boards. 100% match rate. Good variety of rotation sites (over 10). You have one core rotation site.
Yes we have mandatory lectures, but they are not as bad as they seem. It’s 70/30. Which is pretty good, in my opinion. Business casual is required, but that does not mean dress up in a suit everyday, you can literally wear khakis and a business cas top and be okay. VCOM is a test heavy school, which I’m very grateful for it keeps you on top of the material so you won’t be crammed for boards! In the long run, all of this is extremely beneficial. You can message me if you have any further questions.
According to this:

VCOM Auburn first time COMLEX I pass rate for the recent class was 93%. True, a bit higher than PCOM GA, with 85.92% (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) Program Data | PCOM Georgia).
Though I noticed the class average stats dropped quite a bit with an average MCAT score of 500 at PCOM. Previous years had higher board pass rates, so I'm not sure if it's because of the school or because of slightly worse test-takers.

There was also a 100% match at PCOM GA for 2023. And PCOM doesn't focus on primary care/ rural regions as much as VCOM. It also seems PCOM's match list is more competitive than VCOM's, but I can't find where each individual VCOM campus matched.

I really think performance is more on the student than the school though, so I think either choice wouldn't be bad. I just prefer PCOM's location near Atlanta, community, and of course the PCOM "brand name". I want to have more control over my study habits and life, which PCOM will allow through optional lecture/ no dress code. I also want to live in a semi-urban area near Atlanta for the first time in my life. It would be a nice change for me. So I guess the choice really depends on each student's values. You prefer more structure/ instruction/ rural primary care focus, go with VCOM. You want more freedom to choose your path, go with PCOM, although you may need more discipline to work as hard as the VCOM students are required to work.

If I'm missing something please call me out on it, but that's my general impression of everything.

i would choose PCOM-ga. but im interested in hearing why they chose the other. this was my reasoning for choosing PCOM >> VCOM: no mandatory lecture, no dress code, exams are curved (according to past students), one of the "founding" DO schools (amazing reputation), and they have their own residencies
Good points! Btw,
Thank you! Those are also great points! It's very helpful to hear from a current student too. :)

According to this:

VCOM Auburn first time COMLEX I pass rate for the recent class was 93%. True, a bit higher than PCOM GA, with 85.92% (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) Program Data | PCOM Georgia).
Though I noticed the class average stats dropped quite a bit with an average MCAT score of 500 at PCOM. Previous years had higher board pass rates, so I'm not sure if it's because of the school or because of slightly worse test-takers.

There was also a 100% match at PCOM GA for 2023. And PCOM doesn't focus on primary care/ rural regions as much as VCOM. It also seems PCOM's match list is more competitive than VCOM's, but I can't find where each individual VCOM campus matched.

I really think performance is more on the student than the school though, so I think either choice wouldn't be bad. I just prefer PCOM's location near Atlanta, community, and of course the PCOM "brand name". I want to have more control over my study habits and life, which PCOM will allow through optional lecture/ no dress code. I also want to live in a semi-urban area near Atlanta for the first time in my life. It would be a nice change for me. So I guess the choice really depends on each student's values. You prefer more structure/ instruction/ rural primary care focus, go with VCOM. You want more freedom to choose your path, go with PCOM, although you may need more discipline to work as hard as the VCOM students are required to work.

If I'm missing something please call me out on it, but that's my general impression of everything.
Great points!

I know this is Christmas week, but has anyone gotten any II’s lately? I heard that after December 15th, we’ll most likely hear more from DO schools.

Does anyone know more about sports medicine part of curriculum at Auburn? I am interested in doing surgery after DO and wondering if this helps.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else been waiting for a response for over 2 months. I completed my interview on 10/11 and they been completely silent. I know I can’t be overly stressful about this situation. Is anyone else on a similar page. I’m OOS from NJ if that helps.

Does anyone know more about sports medicine part of curriculum at Auburn? I am interested in doing surgery after DO and wondering if this helps.
Most of the primary care & OMM faculty are sports med docs that care for AU athletes so they often integrate those concepts into their lectures & labs. However, this doesn't drastically change the curriculum, so I don't think it does much in terms of residency chances. There is a sports med fellowship but that's a post-residency program & doesn't have any bearing on current med students.

OOS II today, Secondary received 1/18 and application marked complete this morning 1/22 at 930a. II sent at 230p today.
cGPA 3.81, sGPA 3.49, MCAT 501.
Interviewing 1/31.
Anyone know what questions or topics they're heavy on?

OOS II today, Secondary received 1/18 and application marked complete this morning 1/22 at 930a. II sent at 230p today.
cGPA 3.81, sGPA 3.49, MCAT 501.
Interviewing 1/31.
Anyone know what questions or topics they're heavy on?
When did you submit primary?

Have an interview this Friday… does anyone know when they send out itineraries?

Any questions they tend to ask during interviews? It is pretty difficult to find anything online specific to the Aub campus.
Also is there 3 interviews or just 2? I have a 45 min slot with 2 doctors, then another 45 min slot with a director. My interview is in person this week and not much info online from students/people who have interviewed there.

OOS II. Anyone know what time the interview day ends? I’m not from around there and need to book flights

II today. Primary submitted June 19, secondary submitted July 7.