2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who has gotten an II, do you mind sharing your stats? Just trying to gauge my likelihood of getting an II LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who has gotten an II, do you mind sharing your stats? Just trying to gauge my likelihood of getting an II LOL
I think there is a decent chance of getting a II (maybe…I haven’t gotten one either) if you got a secondary.

They do screen them and not everybody who applied got a secondary - some are either on silence or have been rejected already, I recall.

I think “screening” is something everyone just gets stuck at. In my case, I’ve already interviewed and I’m still at screening.
Oh wow lol that is weird but def gives hope. I’m in northeast region as well OOS but super close to VA would love to go there…EVMS is also making me stuck in processing hell lol idk what’s up with these Virginia schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A this morning! Interviewed 9/26. Is there any group chat for admitted students?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the A too! Interviewed on 9/18. First one this cycle so that’s a relief!

I just got the secondary today! Didn’t expect to get one this deep into the cycle tbh. But hey, I’ll take it!

Hello all,
I am a little behind in the cycle. How did you respond to the secondary app that asks about new experiences under the CV section? Will this be something that is not in my primary application? Thanks for the anticipated answer!

Anyone still stuck in the screening stage? It has been almost 45 days at this point since submission of the secondary for me lol. Did anyone get an II despite being stuck in screening? Wondering if this is just some technical glitch with updating for something...

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still stuck in the screening stage? It has been almost 45 days at this point since submission of the secondary for me lol. Did anyone get an II despite being stuck in screening? Wondering if this is just some technical glitch with updating for something...
I was stuck in screening for a while. I emailed them to see if I was missing anything and they replied that I was complete and marked it as such. Still haven't heard a thing though

I was stuck in screening for a while. I emailed them to see if I was missing anything and they replied that I was complete and marked it as such. Still haven't heard a thing though
The portal never leaves screening so it's not helpful to judge where you are in the process by looking at it. I got accepted a week ago and it still says "status" - screening. Just try to be patient and continue to show interest in the school by providing updates (if they allow) or going to their admission events.
I wish all schools were more communicative with their portals and were much more transparent in this whole process. It's so much waiting!!

Reactions: 1 user
The portal never leaves screening so it's not helpful to judge where you are in the process by looking at it. I got accepted a week ago and it still says "status" - screening. Just try to be patient and continue to show interest in the school by providing updates (if they allow) or going to their admission events.
I wish all schools were more communicative with their portals and were much more transparent in this whole process. It's so much waiting!!
Ah okay I heard another applicant say this as well. Thank you. How long did it take for you to get the II and A (congrats btw!) after submitting secondary if you don't mind me asking? I am OOS from NY but family is considering to move to VA so this school would be a huge bless.

Ah okay I heard another applicant say this as well. Thank you. How long did it take for you to get the II and A (congrats btw!) after submitting secondary if you don't mind me asking? I am OOS from NY but family is considering to move to VA so this school would be a huge bless.
So I submitted my secondary on 7/12 and received an II on 8/29, interviewed on 9/18, and then accepted on 10/3. I am near their target region in North Carolina so they may prioritize the Appalachian region states first but not all of the matriculating class from past years has been in these regions (found these stats in the student handbook). Good luck and hope you can move to VA!

Hello all,
I am a little behind in the cycle. How did you respond to the secondary app that asks about new experiences under the CV section? Will this be something that is not in my primary application? Thanks for the anticipated answer!
If you have only submitted your primary application very recently, you probably won’t have anything to add for this question. You can reply “not applicable” or say you have no new activities since applying.

If you have only submitted your primary application very recently, you probably won’t have anything to add for this question. You can reply “not applicable” or say you have no new activities since applying.
Thank you

Still in application review for a secondary since 8/10... should I just not expect a secondary?

Still in application review for a secondary since 8/10... should I just not expect a secondary?

Hmmm I would check in with admissions maybe if you can't find it in your spam? I feel like from my experience with DO schools they really like applicants who express interest, so it may be worth it to just reach out and see if they can give you an update on your application.

Hmmm I would check in with admissions maybe if you can't find it in your spam? I feel like from my experience with DO schools they really like applicants who express interest, so it may be worth it to just reach out and see if they can give you an update on your application.
Thanks! I'll reach out!

Complete 8/15, still radio silence but portal says "screening"

Complete 8/15, still radio silence but portal says "screening"
Same here so I've just about given up on this school personally. Just sucks that I spent the most amount of time on this particular secondary in comparison to all my other DO schools but whatever.

Same here so I've just about given up on this school personally. Just sucks that I spent the most amount of time on this particular secondary in comparison to all my other DO schools but whatever.
Secondary received 09/28 and got an "Application Complete" email update today

Screaming, crying, throwing up!!!! JUST GOT THE A!!! First of the cycle lets goooo!!!!! Interviewed 11/8!!!!

• Love
They sent a secondary it’s pretty high.

Wait...it is?

I received my secondary back during the summer and have only faced silence from them thus far. I know that they screen before handing out secondaries, but its been quiet on my end besides that.

Wait...it is?

I received my secondary back during the summer and have only faced silence from them thus far. I know that they screen before handing out secondaries, but its been quiet on my end besides that.

Ah I’m sorry. Yeah, if you get to the secondary phase they are interested and are going to review your app. The good thing is you haven’t received a rejection so you are still in for consideration.

• Care
Ah I’m sorry. Yeah, if you get to the secondary phase they are interested and are going to review your app. The good thing is you haven’t received a rejection so you are still in for consideration.

Yeah. No pre-II R yet. Hoping this can turn into a II though - just getting very nervous since its been awhile and we're nearing the new year.

That and I got a pre-II R from them before. It was an odd timeline though: primary in September and secondary in February.

Last edited:
Withdrew my acceptance I hope one of you get it!