2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the A!! OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed in early August heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a sign up link for an opportunity for pre-med students to be introduced to VCOM and osteopathic medicine this coming Friday for anyone within driving distance!
IMG_8411.PNG

how long did it take you guys to get the complete email? I submitted the secondary 8/22

Anyone else stuck at screening since mid-July? I contacted them two weeks ago and they said I am in the final steps of screening. Hasn't changed since.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still at screening? I submitted 7/5 and just logged in to see and it says I'm not complete, waiting to be marked complete after screening. Should I email?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been offered an interview invite for the Louisiana campus, though I selected the Virginia campus as my first preference. In the secondary application you had to rank campus preferences and could not exclude campuses. As an LGBT+ applicant, I am only interested in the Virginia campus for very compelling reasons that relate to my personal safety and LGBT+ inclusive/discriminatory laws in the respective states. Is it possible to be re-considered for the Virginia campus though I have already been assigned the Louisiana Campus? Any medical students currently attending VCOM who have feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I have been offered an interview invite for the Louisiana campus, though I selected the Virginia campus as my first preference. In the secondary application you had to rank campus preferences and could not exclude campuses. As an LGBT+ applicant, I am only interested in the Virginia campus for very compelling reasons that relate to my personal safety and LGBT+ inclusive/discriminatory laws in the respective states. Is it possible to be re-considered for the Virginia campus though I have already been assigned the Louisiana Campus? Any medical students currently attending VCOM who have feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

How I understand it is based on the ranking. Your number 1 specific location looks over your application and if they decide they are not interested in your app. It then goes to the next school rank and they decide and if not it goes to the next school. Definitely follow up with Virginia admissions to see if this is the case.

I submitted my secondary on Jul 14t but I've been stuck at screening forever. Should I contact the school? and what good phone number should I call? Thanks.

I submitted my secondary on Jul 14t but I've been stuck at screening forever. Should I contact the school? and what good phone number should I call? Thanks.
I submitted my secondary on June 20th and mine is also still in screening. I emailed them last week (8/28) and they said "Your file is currently in the final stages of review for completeness. This can take a while due to the number of applicants in the system. You will receive an email once your application is complete on our end". Not sure what else there is to do but wait... Very frustrating.

Update: maybe they're watching this, I got an email saying the application is complete an hour ago...

Last edited:
Just received the call, IS A!!!!! So happy, first acceptance 😭

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I'm interviewing here next week, does any current students or applicants who have already interviewed have any advice/tips?

[QUOTE="HarryStylestips?[/QUOTE]

Be yourself, the interview was really chill my fav so far!

• Love
Interviewed here and idk, I personally thought my in person interview was weird… faculty didn’t make eye contact (legit stared off into space when I spoke? It’s one thing to write but an entirely different thing to just not acknowledge someone).
The faculty interviewing clearly didn’t know each other bc at the end of my interview, I didn’t get the chance to ask more questions since one interviewer was asking the other interviewer about what they do (💀). They also did not bounce off each other well and both had questions that just seemed like they were checking off boxes and didn’t actually want to get to know me.
Also had a couple of “off” comments made - out of blue tbh.
Lastly, my interview was in a tight room, with a table legit squished into the corner. I get space might be an issue but it felt crammed.

Other than that, I think I did fine on the interview but it was really weird. I know my experience may have been off but I do have friends who mentioned their’s was also a bit weird (at the same time, others enjoyed theirs). This was by far the one interview I didn’t enjoy that much purely bc of my interviewers.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here and idk, I personally thought my in person interview was weird… faculty didn’t make eye contact (legit stared off into space when I spoke? It’s one thing to write but an entirely different thing to just not acknowledge someone).
The faculty interviewing clearly didn’t know each other bc at the end of my interview, I didn’t get the chance to ask more questions since one interviewer was asking the other interviewer about what they do (💀). They also did not bounce off each other well and both had questions that just seemed like they were checking off boxes and didn’t actually want to get to know me.
Also had a couple of “off” comments made - out of blue tbh.
Lastly, my interview was in a tight room, with a table legit squished into the corner. I get space might be an issue but it felt crammed.

Other than that, I think I did fine on the interview but it was really weird. I know my experience may have been off but I do have friends who mentioned their’s was also a bit weird (at the same time, others enjoyed theirs). This was by far the one interview I didn’t enjoy that much purely bc of my interviewers.
lmao just reading this had me stressed out. Im sure you did excellent !!!

lmao just reading this had me stressed out. Im sure you did excellent !!!
Lmaooo tbh idk I really did not like my interview... but others enjoyed theirs! I'm sure you'll do great - be yourself and smile :D
* i smiled but my interviewers did not crack one lmfao *

• Haha
i feel dumb LOL, got an email saying I do not have 9 upper level bio credits. Applied for no reason i guess, I dont have 9 and no school has 9 as a requirement

i feel dumb LOL, got an email saying I do not have 9 upper level bio credits. Applied for no reason i guess, I dont have 9 and no school has 9 as a requirement
That is two four credit courses and a lab. You can take them this semester or next semester if you feel you really want to proceed with this app.

yo guys need some advice, so i am still on screen review. I sent everything in on 7/17 but have been on screen review since then. Should i contact them or just wait it out?

Hello everyone! I'm a current third year at VCOM Virginia and just wanted to let you guys know that if you have any questions about my experience at VCOM, I'm more than willing to answer! Just shoot me a DM if you have any questions! (I will try to get back to you as soon as I can - I'm on rotations and may not have much time depending on the specific rotation). I can't promise that I'll be able to answer everything related to the application process, but I can try to let you know where to start looking for answers if I'm not sure! Talking with current students at schools I was interested in/applying to really helped me during the application process, so don't be hesitant to reach out! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Hey guys how long does the screening for VCOM take?? I am still stuck and it's been almost a month by now. OOS but I am from NY so relatively close to the school. Also applied to all the VCOM campuses so that may be causing the delay? LM 71 (4.0/510)

I don't think anyone knows how long under review/complete takes. I know it sucks to wait, but a lot of this process is a waiting game

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my II from here! Hoping it goes to one of you :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone! I'm a current third year at VCOM Virginia and just wanted to let you guys know that if you have any questions about my experience at VCOM, I'm more than willing to answer! Just shoot me a DM if you have any questions! (I will try to get back to you as soon as I can - I'm on rotations and may not have much time depending on the specific rotation). I can't promise that I'll be able to answer everything related to the application process, but I can try to let you know where to start looking for answers if I'm not sure! Talking with current students at schools I was interested in/applying to really helped me during the application process, so don't be hesitant to reach out! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!
Do they send secondary's to everyone? I am still waiting for my secondary. Thanks.

Do they send secondary's to everyone? I am still waiting for my secondary. Thanks.

They don't. They do screen the primary application. I don't know how they do so though (if anybody knows, please chime in).

They don't. They do screen the primary application. I don't know how they do so though (if anybody knows, please chime in).

Nah it’s a screening process. If your first choice doesn’t select you. It goes to your next choice for review.

Nah it’s a screening process. If your first choice doesn’t select you. It goes to your next choice for review.

Man…I wonder what that makes me? I completed my secondary in July after being screened throughout June. Still crickets on my end. No R’s at least, but no IIs as well.

I’m just wondering how extensive the Edward Via screen is because my record is unfortunately a bit unique. I also don’t think I selected a first choice campus - I’m willing to go to any campus.

Man…I wonder what that makes me? I completed my secondary in July after being screened throughout June. Still crickets on my end. No R’s at least, but no IIs as well.

I’m just wondering how extensive the Edward Via screen is because my record is unfortunately a bit unique. I also don’t think I selected a first choice campus - I’m willing to go to any campus.

Ah jeez, in your secondary you should have been able to select campus preference. No rejection is good! Keep your head up.

• Care
Ah jeez, in your secondary you should have been able to select campus preference. No rejection is good! Keep your head up.
Ack! I better go back and check.

EDIT: I went back and checked. I marked the box "No, I am pleased to be designated to the first available campus by VCOM."

Also, have people been rejected already by VCOM, whether that is pre-secondary or pre-II?

Last edited:
Is anyone else still in screening? Reaching the 1 month mark for me…

Did anyone get an email about a “zoom VPE” event today? I’m confused because I didn’t sign up for anything

Is anyone else still in screening? Reaching the 1 month mark for me…
I think “screening” is something everyone just gets stuck at. In my case, I’ve already interviewed and I’m still at screening.

I think “screening” is something everyone just gets stuck at. In my case, I’ve already interviewed and I’m still at screening.

I’ve been complete since July with VCOM.

Then again, you got an interview. That is better than me.

I’ve been complete since July with VCOM.

Then again, you got an interview. That is better than me.
Maybe I’m confused/I should clarify.
Next to “application complete” it says “complete” but next to “screening” it says “screening.”
The home page “status” says “screen review.”

Sorry for any confusion. Hope this helps.