2022-2023 Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there are any info sessions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
First R of the cycle for the MSTP program 💀 fingers still crossed for MD-only decision

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Is MSTP non-rolling? I thought at least for the MD decisions they wont reject anyone until March

When do we find out who our interviewers are ??

When do we find out who our interviewers are ??
According to my interview confirmation email: "The complete interview schedule will be emailed to you by 5:00pm EDT on the day before your interview." Now I don't know if they tell you who your interviewer is.

According to my interview confirmation email: "The complete interview schedule will be emailed to you by 5:00pm EDT on the day before your interview." Now I don't know if they tell you who your interviewer is.
They did last year

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Please share were they intimidating? I am fearful 😆
No they were all so friendly!! Obviously can't speak for everyone but it was very low stress, and they build in a lot of time to chat with other applicants (and everyone was lovely!) so don't be fearful!

Can anyone talk a bit about the Yale System testing? What does it look like and how does it play out practically?

Can anyone talk a bit about the Yale System testing? What does it look like and how does it play out practically?
Tests (called "qualifiers") are at the end of each course and are taken anonymously on a digital device on each student's own schedule during a window of several days. If a qualifier is not passed, there is a remediation process to allow passing the course.

The Yale System centers on learning the way that best suits you. We're only required to attend certain classes (e.g. clinical training sessions), and for the rest it's up to you how and when to learn material. You could show up to class every day and follow a traditional schedule or you can skip almost every lecture and only take notes on the recordings at 2x speed. But as scioly mentioned, there's a lot of trust placed in us as well. Pre-clinical exams are pass/remedial pass and are taken anonymously at any point over several days (we're given individualized codes and only one person has the key to those codes). If you don't pass, it's your responsibility to go to the course director to discuss remediation. Nothing major happens for the first couple fails because there is trust that you will recognize the issue(s) and develop your own solutions. But if it happens more than twice, the admin office will reach out to you to get you to course-correct and implement different behaviors to improve (e.g. meeting with your academic advisor regularly, potentially engaging with tutoring resources, etc)

Reactions: 2 users
BTW, has anyone already interviewed at Yale and can comment on how the interview day went? Also, are there any current Yale med students on this forum?

Interviews are 45 minutes and are open file. It's a pretty normal open file discussion, followed by a few interview questions, and then the end is open for you to ask them qs!
I thought my interviewers were pretty nice. the questions did make me think a little though.
Ah ok! So it sounds like there are some curveball questions?

My guesstimate based on previous years for those of us that completed Mid Aug wiht LM < 80 is Mid Oct at earliest to anytime in Jan , depending on how much they like the app from the <80 club?
what about those of us who were complete in July 🥲

My guesstimate based on previous years for those of us that completed Mid Aug wiht LM < 80 is Mid Oct at earliest to anytime in Jan , depending on how much they like the app from the <80 club?
Don't overthink it. I submitted the secondary end of August and got the interview invite on Nov 1, had an LM of 73.7. You finished your side of the equation, don't sweat the rest

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just wanted to say that Yale has been the best interview experience so far. Interviewers were so enthusiastic about my application and had clearly put in time and effort into the questions they crafted from it.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
That's nice to hear, I hope mine is like that. It irks me when interviewers say they reviewed my application in detail, yet proceed to ask me a set of scripted standard questions and nothing about my app.
Totally was the case for me as well. The interviewers made really nice comments about my essays and mentioned my recommendations...really made me feel that they were on my side rooting for me and really encouraging and enthusiastic. Good luck pinchybug! You got this!!

Totally was the case for me as well. The interviewers made really nice comments about my essays and mentioned my recommendations...really made me feel that they were on my side rooting for me and really encouraging and enthusiastic. Good luck pinchybug! You got this!!
has any school not given you an II? congrats man seriously

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
ditto to what everyone said. yale was such a great experience, instantly rose to the top of my list after interviewing, good luck to everyone interviewing!!

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning!!! Complete 10/11

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
OOS II this morning! Secondary submitted 10/25. I almost didn't apply because I thought my 125 in CARS wouldn't cut it. So excited about this one!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
is yale rolling?!?! might send in my secondary tomorrow since its before november 15

Any idea what the dress code for informational sessions like the one about financial aid is?

I'm going to tonight's informal. I just got home from work lol I don't have time to get formally ready
doesn't even look like they have given students the ability to turn on their cameras so probably don't sweat it