2022-2023 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
feeling so anxious... thought I crushed my October interview, my md interviewer even said something along the lines of "well what can I say to get you to come here?". here's to hoping for tomorrow 😭
This is exactly how I feel.. 😭

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So if we don't get call tomorrow, that most likely means R/WL email is coming through in Friday, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know if admin interviewers make calls on both days or does each person make all their calls on one day?

CYMS is up now! The decision is time-stamped at 6 pm CST so that might be when they finished calls for the day and sent all the As to AMCAS? No idea though just speculation

Phone off silent mode: ✅
Peak anxiety mode: ✅
I should stop drinking coffee

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Oh god I missed a call a few minutes ago from an Algonquin, IL number… but no voicemail!! Do I call back??

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
For all of us waiting at home, PLEASE DO! 😩

Members don't see this ad :)
Tried calling back but it went straight to voicemail! Sorry y'all might have to wait to see if they call back... I'm going to be so mad if it was completely unrelated lol

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Tried calling back but it went straight to voicemail! Sorry y'all might have to wait to see if they call back... I'm going to be so mad if it was completely unrelated lol

If you miss a call, check your portal! Mine, at least, had been updated.

brrrooooooo im legit sitting next to my phone and its on silent, and I pick it up and see a missed call from "unknown caller" and i cant even call back.

Like im trying to convince myself its not pritzker bc it should have at least the number of the caller but adhahsdhsaafhsdaa i hate this process

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
brrrooooooo im legit sitting next to my phone and its on silent, and I pick it up and see a missed call from "unknown caller" and i cant even call back.

Like im trying to convince myself its not pritzker bc it should have at least the number of the caller but adhahsdhsaafhsdaa i hate this process
It was me. Next time, pick it up. Now I have to find another plus one to my dinner with Jay Z.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
The suspense is killing me

• Sad
Could they be done?
I mean, they certainly could be, but I don't know how many times I read the phrase "most acceptances will be issued in the Spring." I'll be pretty sad if that smattering of A's yesterday was all they had left for us.

Of course, this could just be the most SDN-less class Pritzker has ever admitted. Seems unlikely though. I'm thinking maybe they're just releasing most calls tomorrow at this point. Who knows

Reactions: 3 users
I mean, they certainly could be, but I don't know how many times I read the phrase "most acceptances will be issued in the Spring." I'll be pretty sad if that smattering of A's yesterday was all they had left for us.

Of course, this could just be the most SDN-less class Pritzker has ever admitted. Seems unlikely though. I'm thinking maybe they're just releasing most calls tomorrow at this point. Who knows
gonna try to stay optimistic like you 😭

I mean someone yesterday said they opened the CYMS. Would they do that with more A’s remaining to be given out?
The CYMS for other schools I was accepted to with rolling As were time-stamped within hours of my individual A so idk if other people seeing pritzker on their CYMS is the end, necessarily?

The CYMS for other schools I was accepted to with rolling As were time-stamped within hours of my individual A so idk if other people seeing pritzker on their CYMS is the end, necessarily?
Yeah I was just asking. I don’t really have any experience with schools like this who do a dump of As all at once. I just want the suspense to be over lol.

• Care
I mean someone yesterday said they opened the CYMS. Would they do that with more A’s remaining to be given out?
Yeah that was me. I'm pretty sure with the way CYMS works it's really easy to just click and send individual acceptees to AMCAS but don't quote me on that

Also, I randomly found myself on one of pritzker's web pages today and I don't think anyone on the admissions team is physically in the office on Thursdays. So they might be waiting to call until tomorrow? This is all speculation

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone squeeze my hand rn plz and thanks <3
BRUH this anxiety is killing me…😵‍💫😵‍💫
Yeah that was me. I'm pretty sure with the way CYMS works it's really easy to just click and send individual acceptees to AMCAS but don't quote me on that

Also, I randomly found myself on one of pritzker's web pages today and I don't think anyone on the admissions team is physically in the office on Thursdays. So they might be waiting to call until tomorrow? This is all speculation
thank you for all of your research. Its so helpful

• Care
Welp I haven't heard back yet from the mysterious IL number that I missed this morning... maybe the universe is pulling a cruel prank :cryi:

• Care
Got the A call today at around 1 central and an email around 2 — they’re still going out y’all!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Area code 773, interviewed in 2023 (sorry don’t want to be more specific haha)

Oh also forgot to mention — I checked last night and did NOT have Pritzker listed on CYMS

One acceptance goes brazy

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
was going through last year’s thread and it seems like the call started on thursday and only a few people got in on friday…. with WL/R emails on friday as well… I feel like now i should only be expecting WL/R email? 🥹😢😢

was going through last year’s thread and it seems like the call started on thursday and only a few people got in on friday…. with WL/R emails on friday as well… I feel like now i should only be expecting WL/R email? 🥹😢😢
Same… as someone on last year’s thread said: Pain.

• Sad
idk about yall but I'm gonna live in delusion/manifestation till the very last minute 😤

• Love
Reactions: 9 users