2022-2023 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At Pritzker or elsewhere? I've def heard horror stories but they usually don't specify the school
Thanks, hopefully that faculty member held a lot of sway for the committee :p

Every school has these kinds of stories, no point trying to read into their comments since it won’t affect the outcome anyway. Just chill until decisions come out

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we think maybe this friday or next friday in terms of next/final round of decisions? I interviewed in august and am so exhausted from waiting

Do we think maybe this friday or next friday in terms of next/final round of decisions? I interviewed in august and am so exhausted from waiting
From past threads they reached out the last thursday/friday of the month so hopefully in the next week!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what times they ended up calling people on the days they sent out Feb acceptances in the last few years?

Really hoping we hear back this week. Interviewed early Dec!

Does anyone know what times they ended up calling people on the days they sent out Feb acceptances in the last few years?
First call reported last year was around 2 pm CST on Thursday with calls continuing into the next day, according to last year's thread the first call was 11 am on Wednesday the year before that and 6:30 pm on Thursday the year before that. So it could be pretty much anytime Wednesday through Friday

Any thoughts on whether an October interview still has a shot at this point?

Reactions: 3 users
They told me that MAJORITY of acceptances come out the end of February, so. I think we still have a chance
I believe even the words "vast majority" were thrown around on the interview website. But as an October interviewee myself, it kind of feels like a possibility that probably won't happen considering the size of the pool left for very few spots left following three acceptance waves. (emphasis on the word *feels* - i have no idea what the probability is, in reality).

Reactions: 1 user
good luck everyone!! hopefully today is the day :)

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Isn’t it more likely that tomorrow is the day based on last year’s thread?
well I went back to the 2019 thread because I'm actually going insane and combined with my previous comment it looks like there have been three Wednesday releases and three Thursday releases in the last six years. so it's anyone's guess. haha pritzker please put me out of my misery alreadyyyy

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
well I went back to the 2019 thread because I'm actually going insane and combined with my previous comment it looks like there have been three Wednesday releases and three Thursday releases in the last six years. so it's anyone's guess. haha pritzker please put me out of my misery alreadyyyy

Doing the good work, I see!

• Care
Does anyone know if they send out all of their calls in one day?

Also this is 100% a hail mary but I've heard of at least one other school this year where applicants first found out about their A through CYMS - is anything showing up for anyone? Nothing for me

Will all interviewees hear about acceptances, waitlists, and rejections this week? Or is it over the next few weeks we will hear about post-interview decisions. Thanks!

Will all interviewees hear about acceptances, waitlists, and rejections this week? Or is it over the next few weeks we will hear about post-interview decisions. Thanks!

Probably acceptance calls today and tomorrow, waitlist/R on friday

don't worry to those who haven't gotten calls-- they go out on different days depending on who is making them, in my experience! it's not always Dr. Carter

• Care
A via phone. Interviewed in Jan. Good luck everyone...they are coming.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Got A by phone (~3:40pm ET)! Got the II in Aug and interviewed in early Sept.

(BTW it shows on my app portal, but not yet on CYMS)

• Love
OH MY GOSH A!!
I've been saying as a joke that I wanted to give up not being a future doctor for Lent and looks like I got my wish 😭

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
OH MY GOSH A!!! (at 3 pm on the dot)
Interviewed late January, my admin interviewer called me, sent a letter of intent a week or two after my interview
I've been saying as a joke that I wanted to give up not being a future doctor for Lent and looks like I got my wish

Congrats who was your admin interviewer?

OH MY GOSH A!!! (at 3 pm on the dot)
Interviewed late January, my admin interviewer called me, sent a letter of intent a week or two after my interview
I've been saying as a joke that I wanted to give up not being a future doctor for Lent and looks like I got my wish 😭
Congrats!!!!

• Love
Also for everyone who's anxiously awaiting a call - it seems like Pritzker accepts ~250 people total if 2021 wasn't a total fluke year (based on that one post-II rates spreadsheet) and if we take their "vast majority of acceptances come out in Feb" comment at face value, that means they're accepting over 150 people today/tomorrow. And it takes a long time to call that many people individually. Last year they started calling at 2 pm and still continued calls into the next day, so I would be shocked if they finished calls today.

I know this is easy for me to say, but it's not over until it's over. Good luck, sending good thoughts to all of you <3

• Care
Also for everyone who's anxiously awaiting a call - it seems like Pritzker accepts ~250 people total if 2021 wasn't a total fluke year (based on that one post-II rates spreadsheet) and if we take their "vast majority of acceptances come out in Feb" comment at face value, that means they're accepting over 150 people today/tomorrow. And it takes a long time to call that many people individually. Last year they started calling at 2 pm and still continued calls into the next day, so I would be shocked if they finished calls today.

I know this is easy for me to say, but it's not over until it's over. Good luck, sending good thoughts to all of you <3
This is what we call good neuroticism. Congrats and strong work

EDIT: just got the A via phone! Interviewed late January

• Care
Thank you for being gracious with all of us who are still freaking out lol but the 250 does also include waitlist acceptances, so they’re calling way less than that in these couple days unfortunately
It does but I was under the impression that Pritzker doesn't have a *ton* of waitlist movement? (I'm sorry if this adds to people's anxiety 😣)

Trueeee but would that be all the more reason they wouldn’t over-accept right now?
Right right, but my thinking is the number they're accepting now will be closer to that 250 total (minus the nov/dec/jan As of course) since WL acceptances won't be contributing a whole lot to that number

feeling so anxious... thought I crushed my October interview, my md interviewer even said something along the lines of "well what can I say to get you to come here?". here's to hoping for tomorrow 😭

• Care
feeling so anxious... thought I crushed my October interview, my md interviewer even said something along the lines of "well what can I say to get you to come here?". here's to hoping for tomorrow 😭
Feeling same as an October interviewer 😭😭....

• Care
My interviewer literally said the exact same thing!!

• Wow