2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an R after CC X1. Good luck to everyone else applying this cycle, y'all got this!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you!

Perfect timing! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Based on past phone calls, they seem to come out in the late afternoon and early evening (3pm CST to 6pm CST).

Good luck today for those who have interviewed! This is the first school I'm anxious to hear back from in a while, which shows how much I really like them and am impressed by them lol

Reactions: 2 users
Praying to hear some good news today.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone get the call, the CC email, or the a rejection yet?

I think from past posts that if you don’t hear anything today, I’ll get the CC email on Monday? Can people on the CC verify

I think from past posts that if you don’t hear anything today, I’ll get the CC email on Monday? Can people on the CC verify
Tbh it’s been very sporadic. The last CC I got came in on a Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes that is how it has been going!

Does anyone know if the calls were made? I really love this school.

just got the R after being under CCx2-3 times best of luck to everyone else waiting.

Reactions: 1 users
I really wished this school took updates

Just saw my own CC email. I really hope I get an A at some point, I absolutely loved the pre interview, interview and house party experience here and was super excited to hear back on friday. Was sad not getting the call, but I am staying positive and hopeful.

For those of you who got Continued Consideration, keep staying positive and optimistic! Myself and several others were placed in CC before getting accepted later, so there is definitely so much hope. I know this whole application process can be pretty anxiety-inducing at times, but I believe in you all

• Love
  • Care
Anyone else still heard nothing from TCU? With family in DFW, and an R from UTSW, this is close to the top of my list and the silence (and the uncertainty that comes with it) is starting to feel worse than an R :/

Anyone else still heard nothing from TCU? With family in DFW, and an R from UTSW, this is close to the top of my list and the silence (and the uncertainty that comes with it) is starting to feel worse than an R :/
Heads up : TCU is preparing for their big site visit/ inspection by LCME in the next week to determine whether they will advance to full accreditation status. This is an “all hands on deck” event, so give them some grace. As we can see from some notifications this week, they are still working through your applications.

Reactions: 10 users
Heads up : TCU is preparing for their big site visit/ inspection by LCME in the next week to determine whether they will advance to full accreditation status. This is an “all hands on deck” event, so give them some grace. As we can see from some notifications this week, they are still working through your applications.
i see like 3 more interview days left!

I interviewed on January 18th, but have not heard anything. No updated email or status update. Anyone hear anything from Jan 18?

Y'all will crush it! You are such a great school!

• Love
Does anyone know if TCU has home programs (and if they do, in what specialties)? Also, will the new medical school complex they are building bring in more residency programs to the school? Maybe @OrexinRules knows?

I can see my partner and I living in Fort Worth forever, so knowing if TCU has home programs would help nudge me closer toward them (assuming I get accepted down the line)

Does anyone know if TCU has home programs (and if they do, in what specialties)? Also, will the new medical school complex they are building bring in more residency programs to the school? Maybe @OrexinRules knows?

I can see my partner and I living in Fort Worth forever, so knowing if TCU has home programs would help nudge me closer toward them (assuming I get accepted down the line)
Texas Health Resources and TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine Announce New Graduate Medical Education Program | Burnett School of Medicine at TCU | Fort Worth, Texas

• Love
Do you know if TCU and UNTHSC falling out will have any effect on these plans (or cause any other problems for students in any way)?

Also, the link says eventually 110 new graduates but are these going to be mostly FM/IM/EM or would this also include surgical subspecialty spots as well?
I wouldn't call it a falling out LOL.
By the way, I watched that link I posted and it is very generic. You could probably get more specific information, like what residencies they have so far, by contacting someone in the GME department.

Here's another web page about other clinical partnerships: Clinical Partners | Burnett School of Medicine at TCU | Fort Worth, Texas

Do you know if TCU and UNTHSC falling out will have any effect on these plans (or cause any other problems for students in any way)?

Also, the link says eventually 110 new graduates but are these going to be mostly FM/IM/EM or would this also include surgical subspecialty spots as well?

Based on some research I have done on this, while I don't know if it would be considered a "home" program, JPS does have multiple academic residency programs. These include Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Orthopaedics, Psychiatry, and Transitional. JPS is a large Level I Trauma Center and is very close to the new medical education building that TCU's medical school will be housed in (once complete in Summer 2024). I'd love to hear if anyone has seen anything else though, in addition to the awesome links that @wysdoc provided. You'll also be able to look at the first round of match results in March to see if there are MS4's that will be able to stay in the area

Last edited:

Here are the ones I know for sure we already have going.

EM with Baylor Scott and White (2 classes in)
IM with Baylor Scott and White (2 classes in)
OBGYN with Baylor Scott and White (1 class in)
General Surgery with Texas Health Harris (2 classes in I think...?)

Anesthesia, Ortho, and Transitional Year are planned to begin within the next year or so. They also have plans to add fellowships in the subspecialties of IM.

There may be some more that I am missing; however, things are going smoothly and as we speak there are already 4 with short plans to bump it up to 6 or more within the next 2 years.

Reactions: 5 users
bruhhh i've been complete since july and since haven't heard anything back :(:(:(

bruhhh i've been complete since july and since haven't heard anything back :(:(:(
+1 I get the frustration but this thread and the wise words of wysdoc and everyone else here has helped me put it in perspective: either TCU is gonna say yes or no - everything in between is more or less irrelevant. Keep your chin up, no R means the A is still possible

Does anyone have insight on whether TCU is done sending II for this cycle? I know others have mentioned that the admissions office / team have been busy with accreditation logistics so was wondering if the timeline might be a little delayed this cycle. I've heard such great things about this school so was wondering if there was still a chance

Does anyone have insight on whether TCU is done sending II for this cycle? I know others have mentioned that the admissions office / team have been busy with accreditation logistics so was wondering if the timeline might be a little delayed this cycle. I've heard such great things about this school so was wondering if there was still a chance
I am also wondering this! I was complete in early August and have not heard anything back. I live in Fort Worth and went to TCU for undergrad so it’s definitely my top choice and I haven’t had any interviews anywhere :(

#531 This SDN member is a member of the TCU admissions team.
Their posts are factual. Also, they do not accept updates or LOIs.