2022-2023 SUNY - Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend e-mailed the school last week, and they told me that for the regular MD, the health forms are due on July 1. May 11 is for those who are doing MD + Public Health.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
where do we make the admissions deposit? i accepted the offer but nothing prompts me to pay anything

My friend e-mailed the school last week, and they told me that for the regular MD, the health forms are due on July 1. May 11 is for those who are doing MD + Public Health.
Idk why they just didn’t tell me that when I emailed them for confirmation. Their answer did not clarify anything for me but your answer helps. Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
where do we make the admissions deposit? i accepted the offer but nothing prompts me to pay anything
I believe if you go under pre matric in the menu on the amp website there is a drop down option that says admissions deposit and you should be able to pay the deposit there

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know how to fulfill the proof of USA citizenship requirement on their checklist?

how did you submit that? by email?
Upload it to your portal in the documents section and then email them to let them know. They will check it off for you on the portal

Hey y’all! Quick question, does paying the deposit at downstate mean you are committing to enroll? I’m still holding out to see what happens with a school I am on the waitlist at, but don’t want to lose my seat at downstate. Thanks in advance!

Hey y’all! Quick question, does paying the deposit at downstate mean you are committing to enroll? I’m still holding out to see what happens with a school I am on the waitlist at, but don’t want to lose my seat at downstate. Thanks in advance!
it never does for any MD school afaik

any movement today? 👀

How do alternates go about completing the health forms without access to medicat?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is wild. Are they just done accepting people off the AL post CTE?? I would have thought there’d be a big wave after the bug was fixed but still nothing?

This is wild. Are they just done accepting people off the AL post CTE?? I would have thought there’d be a big wave after the bug was fixed but still nothing?
Post-CTE deadline, WL movement will be extremely minimal, which makes sense. Nothing wild about that.

Isn’t the CTE mid July? The PTE deadline is the one that’s relevant correct

Could you explain why please?
once the CTE deadline occurs, the class is fully made. No one else will drop out because they are committed to go to that school. There is no more "oh I got my Harvard A off the WL, bye Downstate!" Only extraordinary situations will cause someone to beg for a last-minute deferral/ withdraw their acceptance, such as their own death, extraordinary personal situations, etc.

Isn’t the CTE mid July? The PTE deadline is the one that’s relevant correct
Yeah I meant the commit to enroll option being available/PTE deadline. In past years there’s always been a big wave first week of May, but nothing this year even after the CYMS bug was fixed…….

Yeah I meant the commit to enroll option being available/PTE deadline. In past years there’s always been a big wave first week of May, but nothing this year even after the CYMS bug was fixed…….
You'll see plenty of WL movement. There already has been plenty.

8 people have publicly said they got off the WL. Around 10-20% of your class will be SDN posters. So that's 40-80 people who potentially got off the WL already.

once the CTE deadline occurs, the class is fully made. No one else will drop out because they are committed to go to that school. There is no more "oh I got my Harvard A off the WL, bye Downstate!" Only extraordinary situations will cause someone to beg for a last-minute deferral/ withdraw their acceptance, such as their own death, extraordinary personal situations, etc.
Post-CTE deadline, WL movement will be extremely minimal, which makes sense. Nothing wild about that.
so people will have to get off their preferred waitlist to open up a space at Downstate. I think with the glitch in CYMS there should be movement coming up then once other schools have movement

so people will have to get off their preferred waitlist to open up a space at Downstate. I think with the glitch in CYMS there should be movement coming up then once other schools have movement
At the info session this past Friday the admissions rep said that the class was not full and that WL movement has started, and will continue. Think he said the class is usually filled and the WL movement is finished by the end of June, but don't quote me on that. Didn't mention if it has been slow or if it will pick up but didn't give off any indication that this year is different from previous ones.

Reactions: 5 users
At the info session this past Friday the admissions rep said that the class was not full and that WL movement has started, and will continue. Think he said the class is usually filled and the WL movement is finished by the end of June, but don't quote me on that. Didn't mention if it has been slow or if it will pick up but didn't give off any indication that this year is different from previous ones.
Well it gives me hope that the class is not full yet. Hopefully WL movement starts picking up soon or else we are gona go insane 😅

Reactions: 2 users
Got off the waitlist around 5 pm eastern time today! Interviewed 3/16

Reactions: 7 users
515 MCAT, 3.91 GPA lots of clinical in two gap years. reapplicant

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats, it seems like they are offering A’s to applicants with higher end stats based on the posts here. Or it could be sample bias

congrats! to me this seems like great stats and i am surprised you were not accepted earlier. this kind of makes me lose hope for myself but i also know that its not over until its over.

Facebook group up to 399 since 372 in end of Feb. Not sure how many people actually join the group but yeh…

that's 2x the class capacity. don't think its a reliable metric.
Agreed but it includes people from previous classes. All I can tell is that only a net 27 people have joined the group since end of February. Just wanted to share the info.

For official transcripts, can we upload it ourselves onto the portal or does our school have to directly send it to them?

For official transcripts, can we upload it ourselves onto the portal or does our school have to directly send it to them?
Someone asked this during the info session. Straight from your school to them.

Last edited:
Okay thanks! And this would be sent to the Downstate email or actual mail?
Not sure about this. My school (and most schools) has a transcript service. I used it for AMCAS. If yours does too then u should be able to select Downstate as the recipient.

the silence is so loud in here
Over It Reaction GIF

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else get an email from student health confirming that the health document deadline is officially July 1??

Reactions: 5 users
Was this email also sent to those on the WL?

Has anyone here taken the BLS course by any chance? it's one of the requirements in the metrics

Hi - To those on the AL who got accepted, did you send a continued letter of interest to a specific person or just upload it to the portal? Sorry if this has already been said.