2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed early december (12th). Heard nothing. Is it reasonable to assume it's a post-II rejection?
timing doesnt really matter. Friend of mine got in after 3 months of silence, meanwhile me and another person got waitlisted after 3 weeks

Give it a sec, dont assume

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Apologize if this is not the right question for this thread: Anyone know how much medical students typically pay for off campus housing, or if theres a FB/groupme to investigate? Thanks!

Apologize if this is not the right question for this thread: Anyone know how much medical students typically pay for off campus housing, or if theres a FB/groupme to investigate? Thanks!
If you are admitted, you can use the SOLAR login they gave you to access some resources about housing? I don't remember the exact links they sent but check your acceptance letter

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview here soon, how was everyone's overall experience? And do people know if february interviewees are interviewing for a waitlist position or if they have a chance at being accepted? It's weird because my II came on November 1.

I have an interview here soon, how was everyone's overall experience? And do people know if february interviewees are interviewing for a waitlist position or if they have a chance at being accepted? It's weird because my II came on November 1.
My interview for the Md program was my favorite so far! One clinician and student. Very conversational for both of mine: tell me about yourself, tell me about your research, why SBU. Good luck :)

It was calm. Not necessarily! I received mine in October but interviewed in January. You got this!!

I was waitlisted but they told me more than 30% of their class comes from the waitlist annually so even if you are then you still have a good chance. Praying you get your A tho. Sending you good vibes.

just received my A, 10:30am Thursday Jan 26th!! omg i’m so excited. interviewed 12/20! LM 65, lmk if you need any other stats! goodluck everyone!!❤️

Reactions: 8 users
Received my A this morning @ 10AM! Interviewed 12/15, sooo happy ❤️

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A this morning!!! interviewed 1/09

edit: btw, the A was in my spam LMAO the certiphi email is actually how i found out💀💀💀

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if there is a HPWL this cycle? Pretty good stats, in state, cool ECs and waitlisted :( I was looking at the previous year's thread and there seems to be a HPWL...would they have indicated this in the initial post-interview decision email?

Thanks!

hey everyone, for those who got accepted, the email stating your intention to enroll is not binding right. it gets so confusing

Did anyone receive a response after confirming they want to be placed on the waitlist?

Did anyone receive a response after confirming they want to be placed on the waitlist?
yeah they replied saying approximately 30% of past matriculants were accepted from the waitlist

Pre-ii R today. Complete probably late July with a recent update. Good luck guys!

yeah they replied saying approximately 30% of past matriculants were accepted from the waitlist
How did you confirm your willingness to stay on the WL? I did it by replying to the email they sent me with my WL decision, but haven’t received a response from them.

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I interviewed on December 2nd and have yet to receive any response, while there are others who have interviewed well after me, and received responses well before me. Anyone have any feedback on that lol

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I interviewed on December 2nd and have yet to receive any response, while there are others who have interviewed well after me, and received responses well before me. Anyone have any feedback on that lol
totally happened to me, people that interviewed like full months after me got in while i had silence, then I finally got in! i was super stressed and concerned but in my case it turned out just fine! for context, i interviewed 9/13 and didnt get in till 11/30

I interviewed in October and haven’t heard back yet so you’re not alone. I’m starting to feel like they forgot about me.

• Care
I'd be pissed, have you tried emailing?
I emailed the admissions office a few weeks ago asking for an update but they never replied so I’ve been ghosted on both fronts lol. I’ve decided to just wait it out and hope for the best.

I emailed the admissions office a few weeks ago asking for an update but they never replied so I’ve been ghosted on both fronts lol. I’ve decided to just wait it out and hope for the best.
I emailed them and was told I will "receive a decision as soon as admissions has made one"

How did you confirm your willingness to stay on the WL? I did it by replying to the email they sent me with my WL decision, but haven’t received a response from them.
I did the same thing you did!

Anyone know if there is a HPWL this cycle? Pretty good stats, in state, cool ECs and waitlisted :( I was looking at the previous year's thread and there seems to be a HPWL...would they have indicated this in the initial post-interview decision email?

Thanks!
anyone know the answer to this question?

Any accepted students have contacts for current RSOM med students? I have a few questions I want to ask!

nothing yet
I personally haven't received anything either, but I someone earlier in the thread received an acceptance and interviewed the second week of January. Hopefully we hear back soon.

I personally haven't received anything either, but I someone earlier in the thread received an acceptance and interviewed the second week of January. Hopefully we hear back soon.
tell me about it lol, its ridiculous how long schools can make you wait