2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone have a link to the groupme?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an acceptance off of the HPWL. Does anyone have a link to the groupme or anything similar?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A off the regular WL via email today!!! First acceptance and I'm so happy :) Does anyone have links to the official FB page or Groupme (please DM if so!)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
A off the regular WL via email today!!! First acceptance and I'm so happy :) Does anyone have links to the official FB page or Groupme (please DM if so!)

Congrats!! can you share stats if possible? IS/OOS, MCAT, GPA, research and extracurriculars etc

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted off the waitlist yesterday. Guess it's still moving!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
As of 10:45 today, the class wasn’t full according to admissions on the phone. No indication as to how full or not though.

Reactions: 5 users
Idk if there has been any WL movement but looks like the GroupMe jumped quite a bit (from when I last viewed it)

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Hi!! Does anyone know if it's possible to live in Manhattan for the 3rd and 4th year while rotating?

Anybody placed on regular WL in March, hear back yet?

Last edited:
Hi!! Does anyone know if it's possible to live in Manhattan for the 3rd and 4th year while rotating?
Pretty sure the rotations are exclusively on Long Island so not sure how that would work

Does anyone have the class of 2027 academic calendar in here or know when orientation and classes start?

I just called admissions and the class is not full yet. So movement is not over!

• Care
Should we be expecting formal rejections any time now? Need the closure

Reactions: 1 user
Just called admissions. Class is full but she said that there is always a chance of someone dropping out and a spot opening up. Good luck to everyone on your journeys <3

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them a few weeks ago to update my interest, and their direct response to that email was that my application had been withdrawn. Then after emailing them to clarify I received no response.

I can pay money, write secondaries, invest my time interviewing, and wait seven months with zero update from them, but they can't even treat me like a human being. I've gotten plenty of good and bad vibes from many schools over the past year, which is fine, but this experience seemed genuinely malicious.

Another comment I'll add is that the practice of having a priority waitlist without mentioning that to the applicants on the regular waitlist is, for lack of a more creative word, ignorant. I hope they revise that practice in the future. Sometimes applicants will hesitate to send a LOI to program A because they're also interested in program B. If a student knows that program B is not seriously considering them (low priority waitlist), then that can be closure enough for them to send the LOI to program A, and possibly have a good outcome. Not disclosing this information to applicants is harmful.

I'm sure Renaissance is lovely. I just hope for future applicants' sake that the admissions office receives more or better training.

(I never rant, because no one cares, but today is the last day of my applications cycle and I decided to make an exception to get this off my chest. I have nothing against Stony Brook in general, and I imagine they'll be in my applications for residency in four years. I'm just sharing because I think the way they behaved was absurd, and if anyone else had the same experience I'd like you to see this and not feel so alone. Ultimately, that kind of behaviour is frightening to me, and I really hope I never become the kind of person that is so numb to my job and my daily interactions with people, that I stop treating others the way I'd like to be treated.)

Last edited: