2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for anyone who was accepted last year or the year before (zoom years) how soon after the interview did you get a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

is anybody else having trouble joining the AIS today? it keeps saying I need to have an "authenticated Zoom account."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is anybody else having trouble joining the AIS today? it keeps saying I need to have an "authenticated Zoom account."
I think this is because Stony uses Zoom links that are connected to stonybrook.edu, so you won't be allowed to join from non-Stony Brook emails (at least, this is how it works for their grad school)

This might be a really stupid question, but is an interview at the end of october considered a "late" interview? I'm just anxious that I shot myself in the foot by pushing back my interview for 2 weeks to the end of october because I'll be out of town.

Omg I literally did the same thing and have been going crazy for how stupid I am. What I am telling myself is that October is still earlier, since I think they interview till Feb and theres nothing I can do about it now
This might be a really stupid question, but is an interview at the end of october considered a "late" interview? I'm just anxious that I shot myself in the foot by pushing back my interview for 2 weeks to the end of october because I'll be out of town.

Omg I literally did the same thing and have been going crazy for how stupid I am. What I am telling myself is that October is still earlier, since I think they interview till Feb and theres nothing I can do about it now
True – I've also been telling myself that this was my best option but there's always that nagging voice in the back of my head going BUT WHAT IF !!

I think if they asked you to interview with them earlier in the cycle and you ended up getting a later date (or rescheduling to one), that's fine! My big had a friend who used to be on their student interview committee a few years ago who said that if they ask you before November, it means they want you because apparently, they rank their candidates from high scores and interest and send those IIs earlier on. Totally could be bs but at least that's what he told me

Reactions: 5 users
I think if they asked you to interview with them earlier in the cycle and you ended up getting a later date (or rescheduling to one), that's fine! My big had a friend who used to be on their student interview committee a few years ago who said that if they ask you before November, it means they want you because apparently, they rank their candidates from high scores and interest and send those IIs earlier on. Totally could be bs but at least that's what he told me
wow thank you! lol I sure hope thats true :)

Reactions: 1 users
high scores as in high gpa/mcat or high scores as in whatever method they use to evaluate and rank applicants

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive been complete since 07/20 and its been so silent that i dont even hear crickets

IS II now. Submitted late august :)

are you seeing any dates? I don't see any available ones to schedule the interview

I got an II yesterday and all the dates available are in December. You have to click forward to December to select a date. Only 12/8 and 12/9 were open when I checked yesterday. You also need to submit a picture of your ID.

hmm okay then, weird bc nothing is available for me
I got an II yesterday and all the dates available are in December. You have to click forward to December to select a date. Only 12/8 and 12/9 were open when I checked yesterday. You also need to submit a picture of your ID.

II 10/07, Complete 08/09, IS, LM 64.9

II today! App completed 08/30
LM 68.8 / WARS 81 / 4Q C4sp3r / URM / In-state

Multiple dates in December were available

IS II LM 64.90, URM, Completed 09/01, received 1:36pm 10/13. oof I'm really thankful, keep the faith y'all. you got this!!!

Reactions: 2 users
IS II LM 64.90, URM, Completed 09/01, received 1:36pm 10/13. oof I'm really thankful, keep the faith y'all. you got this!!!
Congratulations to you! Best of luck on the interview and this app cycle!

• Care
would anyone who has already interviewed share what their experience was like?

would anyone who has already interviewed share what their experience was like?
my interviewers were very friendly. Clearly read my app and asked specific questions about my journey and activities. No gotcha questions of any kind.

Reactions: 4 users
my interviewers were very friendly. Clearly read my app and asked specific questions about my journey and activities. No gotcha questions of any kind.
thank you so much! were there any questions like tell me about a time you were in x situation/when you did this, etc?

thank you so much! were there any questions like tell me about a time you were in x situation/when you did this, etc?
Seconding what the other person said. Definitely felt like they read my app and took good notes. Was also very conversational. They did ask a few "tell me about a time" questions, I think about persistence and/or failure, but it was not bad at all.

II! Earliest day was January for anyone wondering

Just got my acceptance! 9/30 interview date*

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Received A via email. Interviewed on 9/16. Gosh, I'm numb...I'm gonna be a doctor guys! Good luck to everyone who interviewed!!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats!!

Do you guys mind sharing your stats if comfortable? I am interviewing in a few weeks as someone below median mcat so I’m nervous
Received A via email. Interviewed on 9/16. Gosh, I'm numb...I'm gonna be a doctor guys! Good luck to everyone who interviewed!!
Just got my acceptance! 9/30 interview date*

Congrats!!

Do you guys mind sharing your stats if comfortable? I am interviewing in a few weeks as someone below median mcat so I’m nervous
LM: 81 and WARS: 95. Don't be nervous, you got this!! For my interview, I really emphasized why I wanted to attend Stony Brook, pointing out the specific labs I would be interested and the areas of research I would engage in. Show them how awesome you are!!