2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Am guessing that person meant sending a LOI before post-interview decision won’t affect outcome. But I am guessing once you are on the WL a genuine LOI is always helpful. I am on the WL too and sent one the same day.

Members don't see this ad.

was notified by admin that 3ymd applications have just started review process and not to expect interviews for a week or so.

Honestly i should have learned by now med schools basically dont keep their dates for admissions in general 😂 fool me once...

was notified by admin that 3ymd applications have just started review process and not to expect interviews for a week or so.

Honestly i should have learned by now med schools basically dont keep their dates for admissions in general 😂 fool me once...
Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you

But the same boat. Waiting to hear back from the 3-year program as that is the only way I can rationalize attending Stony given my complicated situation

Members don't see this ad :)
still have not heard back from admissions and I interviewed in January :confused:

Reactions: 1 user
If I interviewed in mid February when should I expect to hear a decision? Would it be worth it to still send a letter of intent at this point to let them know they’re my top choice?

Hey sorry if that came off harsh. That was not my intention. I was just surprised because I haven’t seen a post-ii R in this forum before. Once again I apologize if it was not well received
it's alright, good luck to you :)

Had a question about preclinicals - are they still P/F, or have they switched back to Honors/HP/P/F? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be distributed? An earlier email from Fin Aid said the general awarding/notification timeline for medical students was in July... Is this accurate?

Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be distributed? An earlier email from Fin Aid said the general awarding/notification timeline for medical students was in July... Is this accurate?
That same email includes that if you wanted an estimate given sometime in mid-April, what steps you should take (basically emailing them)

I'm assuming 3YMD is done giving out interviews? It seems a bit late to do so now given the 4/15 deadline for narrowing schools

Last edited:
I'm assuming 3YMD is done giving out interviews? It seems a bit to do so now given the 4/15 deadline for narrowing schools
Do you know if anyone has even gotten an interview for that program? I don't know a single person that has gotten an interview for the 3YMD lol

Do you know if anyone has even gotten an interview for that program? I don't know a single person that has gotten an interview for the 3YMD lol
Nope. But this thread has been silent lately which makes me think some may have already heard and stopped making posts. Just speculation tho haha

For those who have been accepted, did you get an email first or a call? and was it on a Thursday or Friday?

how did you guys see your financial aid offer? I emailed them about it, but it is not coming up when I log into SOLAR

Anyone underwhelmed by their financial aid offer?
They don’t give merit aid and only 10% get need based grants. What else do they offer? All I got was an email telling me I am only eligible for loans.

called admissions last week - they said most people will hear back middle of may if they interviewed from january onward

Anyone know when’s the earliest waitlisted applicants might start to expect a decision?

called admissions last week - they said most people will hear back middle of may if they interviewed from january onward
i thought most med schools tended to get back to you by the end of April with an initial admissions decision (A/WL/R), so its crazy that stony brook takes this long...

I was told by Lisette from admissions most likely starting the first week of May
Ty, glad the wait won’t be that excruciatingly long then. But is that only if ur accepted, like do they reject waitlist applicants before July/August?

Ty, glad the wait won’t be that excruciatingly long then. But is that only if ur accepted, like do they reject waitlist applicants before July/August?
That Idk about, but I know when I applied 2 years ago, I didn't get rejected until August but that's just me

A via email this morning! Interviewed 2/16

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I received an email this morning that I was placed on the high priority waitlist after interviewing in February. Does anyone know historically how likely these translate to eventual acceptances? Hoping for my first A!

I received an email this morning that I was placed on the high priority waitlist after interviewing in February. Does anyone know historically how likely these translate to eventual acceptances? Hoping for my first A!

So they are ranking this year then?

So they are ranking this year then?
I received an email today after opting into the waitlist saying the waitlist was "ranked and confidential". Wasn't informed that I was on the high-priority waitlist, though.

Has anyone else been told they’re on the high priority waitlist? I wasn’t aware they were doing that this year

I received an email today after opting into the waitlist saying the waitlist was "ranked and confidential". Wasn't informed that I was on the high-priority waitlist, though.
Same back in November