2022-2023 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
today is gonna be LOOOOOONG day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Bro why haven't they just gotten rid of me yet. Me and @amateurbater out here dodging every R wave but not getting those II's. I feel like I'm getting strung along... Complete mid July.
We’re on the list for students that might get an II if someone drops 2/2 or 2/8. Our rejection should arrive after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R finally reached me. Ouch. Gl to the kings and queens still innit <3

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like today's not the day :( Fingers crossed for tomorrow haha

• Sad
Was so hoping today was THE day. My guess is they stick with tradition (last year ;), and announce on TH. But, I’d LOVE for it to be sooner.

Reactions: 1 user
Past few years As reported on SDN
2019 7-Feb calls THUR
2020 15-Jan calls WED
2021 27-Jan zoom call WED
2022 20-Jan calls THUR

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call! Today is the day. Good luck everyone !

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Just got the call! Today is the day. Good luck everyone !
Congratulations! When did you interview? I interviewed mid-November, wondering if I will be included in this cohort of decisions...

Congratulations to everyone who got the call/will recieve the call. Hopefully our medical paths cross somewhere in the future :)

Congratulations! When did you interview? I interviewed mid-November, wondering if I will be included in this cohort of decisions...
Thank you! Interviewed first week of October.

A from regular MD! Interviewed early November for MD/PhD. Still dying to hear from MSTP.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
sry just overly anxious and imposter syndrome :(
I know imposter syndrome is tough to deal with, but you have to believe in yourself just like the admission committee believed in you when they offered you an interview. Best of luck, you are not out of the running!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I got the call earlier today as well! Does anyone know when we can expect to get a formal offer letter? I just want to eliminate the possibility that this was a very well-orchestrated prank call...

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I got the call earlier today as well! Does anyone know when we can expect to get a formal offer letter? I just want to eliminate the possibility that this was a very well-orchestrated prank call...
Congratulations! My friend who was accepted said she was told the letter should be posted by Monday at the latest. Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?

Can anyone who has gotten a call support/reject the update button theory? For reference, I think some people in previous years' threads suspected that having a lack of an upload button (for update letters) on your portal indicates that a decision is made. And congrats to all the acceptees so far!

Congratulations! My friend who was accepted said she was told the letter should be posted by Monday at the latest. Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?
Early October!

Can anyone who has gotten a call support/reject the update button theory? For reference, I think some people in previous years' threads suspected that having a lack of an upload button (for update letters) on your portal indicates that a decision is made. And congrats to all the acceptees so far!
Where is the upload button for other people's portals? I can't seem to find mine, but I also never submitted an update letter.

Congrats to those accepted … Anxiously waiting over here. For those accepted, can you indicate what month you interviewed and who called you? Admissions rep? Interviewer?

Early October!

Where is the upload button for other people's portals? I can't seem to find mine, but I also never submitted an update letter.
There should be a tab called "Post Interview Update" in between "Interview" and "Communications" on the left-hand table. The upload button would be at the bottom of that page. If it's not there for you then it seems like the theory might be true!

There should be a tab called "Post Interview Update" in between "Interview" and "Communications" on the left-hand table. The upload button would be at the bottom of that page. If it's not there for you then it seems like the theory might be true!
Yeah, it's not there for me!

is the theory that if it's not there then you're accepted? or just that a decision has been made?

I feel like if you are waitlisted they would let you keep the update button, so maybe just for accepted or rejected? But not at all sure

Do most people still have the upload button? Can people who have been accepted say whether their update button is gone?

just curious do you have that button? i was just gonna send an update yesterday but couldn’t find it - and currently still waiting for a post interview decision
There should be a tab called "Post Interview Update" in between "Interview" and "Communications" on the left-hand table. The upload button would be at the bottom of that page. If it's not there for you then it seems like the theory might be true

is the theory that if it's not there then you're accepted? or just that a decision has been made?
Since it seems like Stanford WLs everybody instead of rejecting (not sure if this is true or not), I would assume it means being accepted. But this is a 100% speculative conjecture.
just curious do you have that button? i was just gonna send an update yesterday but couldn’t find it - and currently still waiting for a post interview decision
I do still have the button. Hopefully this means good news for you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not received a decision, still have the button, mid Nov interview

I am still waiting for post-interview decision and don't have the update button - end of sept interview

Does anyone know if we can/should send letters of updates if it’s past the two week mark? I remember them saying they only wanted significant updates within two weeks after the interview but given this update button theory, I’m wondering if I should send one since I do have some updates

Since it seems like Stanford WLs everybody instead of rejecting (not sure if this is true or not), I would assume it means being accepted. But this is a 100% speculative conjecture.

I do still have the button. Hopefully this means good news for you soon!
I am pretty sure they debunked this theory last year. After some time from your interview your update tab will disappear. I think it just depends how long ago you interviewed.

I am pretty sure they debunked this theory last year. After some time from your interview your update tab will disappear. I think it just depends how long ago you interviewed.
Yeah....but I interviewed mid-Nov and mine is still there.