2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those of you that interviewed....how did you prepare ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My interviewer talked the entire time so I really didn’t have to say anything at all.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone who was placed on the waitlist/priority waitlist been removed and accepted yet?
WL movement usually doesn't happen until May because that's when students with multiple A's have to commit to one of their acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users
My interviewer talked the entire time so I really didn’t have to say anything at all.
Was he an older retired doctor, if so what was his name I've been trying to find his email to send him a thank you note for a long time now.

Received an II last monday. anyone know if NJMS is interviewing for waitlist spots now or to fill their class since its so late in the cycle?

Received an II last monday. anyone know if NJMS is interviewing for waitlist spots now or to fill their class since its so late in the cycle?
Chill. A lot of people that interviewed in the fall/early winter haven’t even heard back at all yet. I’m sure their class isn’t full. Just do the best you can.

Reactions: 3 users
For what it's worth, I was looking through threads from past years, and there were a few people who interviewed in February/March who got accepted! So definitely give it your best shot!

Reactions: 2 users
Have any A’s been going out lately or are they just waiting to send out decisions all at once

Have any A’s been going out lately or are they just waiting to send out decisions all at once
Hoping they’re saving them up to call all at once. Was told I’d hear back by early to mid Feb during my first week of Jan interview 🤷‍♀️ nothing reported on cycletrack either

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping they’re saving them up to call all at once. Was told I’d hear back by early to mid Feb during my first week of Jan interview nothing reported on cycletrack either

I interviewed early Jan too and they said the same to me so I guess it’s just a matter of time now

I interviewed mid December and was told I'd hear back around mid January. Holding out hope.

Priority Alternate List just now. :( Interviewed 2/22.

Last edited:
Has any admitted IS received a merit scholarship? If so how soon after your offer. Thanks

Interviewed 1/24 and very anxiously awaiting results. Hoping to hear back in the next week or two but it’s driving me crazy!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 1/24 and very anxiously awaiting results. Hoping to hear back in the next week or two but it’s driving me crazy!
Did they say during your interview when you’d hear back? I was told mid feb 🤷‍♀️ still nothing

I interviewed 01/27, my interviewer did not mention a decision timeline. Hopeful that decisions will be released within the next week or two based on last years thread.

Did they say during your interview when you’d hear back? I was told mid feb still nothing

I called to ask on 2/25ish and they told me to give it another 2-3 weeks. Is your portal down? Mine JS and it’s making me worried!!

Did they say during your interview when you’d hear back? I was told mid feb still nothing

I interviewed on 1/10 and my interviewer said 2-3 weeks lol, but yeah seems like March is a popular time for decisions to come out

I called to ask on 2/25ish and they told me to give it another 2-3 weeks. Is your portal down? Mine JS and it’s making me worried!!
Yes mine is down, but Dr Heinrich told us that the portal won’t reflect acceptances until you get called.

Every time I get a no-caller ID call I panic until I pick up and it's my ex...

• Haha
Any hope of any II still going out? I sent a LOI few weeks ago... have been complete since summertime.

Do they let you know who your interviewer is ahead of time? I didn't see any information in my II email or on the portal

Do they let you know who your interviewer is ahead of time? I didn't see any information in my II email or on the portal
No they don't (at least I wasn't provided with interviewer info). Good luck!

No but i was able to see the name of my interviewer when I logged onto zoom 10 minutes before my interview so I did some quick googling beforehand.

No they don't (at least I wasn't provided with interviewer info). Good luck!
Thank you! Did they ask any unexpected or difficult questions? Im worried about being asked about healthcare reform/policy lol

No but i was able to see the name of my interviewer when I logged onto zoom 10 minutes before my interview so I did some quick googling beforehand.
Thanks! How was your interview? Did they ask any unexpected or difficult questions?

Thank you! Did they ask any unexpected or difficult questions? Im worried about being asked about healthcare reform/policy lol
My interviewer asked me personal questions about my background, specific questions about work and activities, and then a few general questions (why medicine, why NJMS, etc). It lasted ~45 mins. I didn't get any policy questions or ethical questions, but it may depend on the type of interviewer. Good luck!

My interview was very conversational and my interviewer had clearly put a lot of time into reading my application and getting to know me through thoughtful questions. Nothing structured or any gotcha questions as mentioned above. I've been fortunate enough to have several interviews this cycle and this was my favorite by far (but that might just be because of who I got as an interviewer). Best of luck

My interviewer asked me a few clarification questions about my application that he had noted before the interview and then the usual why medicine why us what specialty questions. He asked whether I’d gotten accepted elsewhere and when I said yes he just spent the rest of the interview chatting about what med school and residency are like.

Does anyone know what the grading scale is like for the first 2 years for NJMS? I have been trying to look online but I keep getting mixed answers

Does anyone know what the grading scale is like for the first 2 years for NJMS? I have been trying to look online but I keep getting mixed answers
first two years are P/F but still graded and ranked, so top 10% of students can apply to be part of AOA (honors society). Rotations are P/F with a "high pass"

first two years are P/F but still graded and ranked, so top 10% of students can apply to be part of AOA (honors society). Rotations are P/F with a "high pass"

I heard they were taking away the ranking starting next year

Wait really? I heard (according to the students at the panel) that they still have a quintile grading system

The student panel at my session said that a lot of students weren’t happy with the ranking system bc it created hostility so administration was changing it for the following year

is preclinical true P/F? i thought it was high pass/pass/etc. like rotations

is preclinical true P/F? i thought it was high pass/pass/etc. like rotations
from what I know from previous students it's P/F! but I could be definitely (and probably am) wrong they could be changing it for future classes

Last edited:
I got the Rutgers SGS email today - looks like I'm gonna be put on the waitlist :(

I got the Rutgers SGS email today - looks like I'm gonna be put on the waitlist :(
I don’t think there is any correlation. I got that email yesterday and 4 other times throughout the cycle even after receiving IIs from RWJ and NJMS.