2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all those with the recent As! Has anyone interviewed/been accepted with a sub 510 mcat?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone with the recent A!! :lol: Quick question... does anyone know when the deadline to accept the offer is? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a deadline so I assume May 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long Rush interviews for? Until march or earlier?

Congrats to everyone with the recent A!! :lol: Quick question... does anyone know when the deadline to accept the offer is? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see a deadline so I assume May 1st.
I have the same question, do we pay the deposit now? Is the deposit binding?

I have the same question, do we pay the deposit now? Is the deposit binding?
You pay the deposit to secure your seat in the class, I emailed them and they said the deposit is NOT binding. I am not sure when the deadline to accept the offer is, but I do know you have to commit by June 30th

Reactions: 2 users
+1 wondering if anyone got a recent ii….been on a silence since july! Congrats to all! :)

Reactions: 7 users
You pay the deposit to secure your seat in the class, I emailed them and they said the deposit is NOT binding. I am not sure when the deadline to accept the offer is, but I do know you have to commit by June 30th

Thank you!!

Does anyone know if the links for the interview day pop up in Thalamus the day of the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the links for the interview day pop up in Thalamus the day of the interview?
They do. The interviews themselves occur within Thalamus, and the general sessions occur over zoom and the links are in Thalamus. There are instructions on the Rush portal and just play a bit with the site the day before to see where everything is.

are there any more chances of getting an II with Rush?

Reactions: 11 users
last date to interview last year was 2/16. They send a big round of R's on 2/10.

Season 3 Were All Doomed In The End GIF by A&E

Reactions: 8 users
got an II this past saturday! honestly thought it was a prank hahaha. for anyone interviewing soon, did they send you all the details for the interviews in a new email? i didn't get any email with details which they said they'd send 2 weeks before the interview date

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
got an II this past saturday! honestly thought it was a prank hahaha. for anyone interviewing soon, did they send you all the details for the interviews in a new email? i didn't get any email with details which they said they'd send 2 weeks before the interview date
i got an email 2 weeks prior and a few days before, happy to give more details in a dm! good luck on your interview!

• Care
i remember just getting an email telling me to go on thalamus to sign up for an interview, and then they send you the interview day schedule closer to the date! you can also view all of the interview day schedules on thalamus as well. the interview itself also takes place on that platform, not zoom

• Care
I see that RUSH doesnt match well into Ortho despite being an Ortho powerhouse. Could a current tell me as to why this is the case? I am someone who is very interested in Ortho
Did you ever get an answer to this question?

Did you ever get an answer to this question?
From what I saw Rush’s match rate is 100%, so I would assume everyone who wants to do Ortho eventually matches but if you are referring to the type of residency programs they match into it might be because of the specific applicant and less about the school itself.

Is rush done giving OOS ii’s??

Just got a Pre-II R. IS, complete mid August. Was already expecting one at this point, but it still sucks. Good luck everyone!!

Just got a Pre-II R, complete mid August. Was already expecting one at this point, but it still sucks. Good luck everyone!!
Sorry to hear this. I will say that I am a bit surprised by the timing of your R considering that last year, Rush sent out a huge wave of pre-II R's on 2/10...and there was also a comment earlier in this thread that a huge wave of R's is to be expected tomorrow...so the fact that you got one today is a bit surprising...like why now and not tomorrow??? I myself am still waiting to hear back from Rush, but have admittedly already accepted the fact that if they do indeed send out a wave of R's tomorrow, that I will be receiving one of them :(

Sorry to hear this. I will say that I am a bit surprised by the timing of your R considering that last year, Rush sent out a huge wave of pre-II R's on 2/10...and there was also a comment earlier in this thread that a huge wave of R's is to be expected tomorrow...so the fact that you got one today is a bit surprising...like why now and not tomorrow??? I myself am still waiting to hear back from Rush, but have admittedly already accepted the fact that if they do indeed send out a wave of R's tomorrow, that I will be receiving one of them :(
I hope you still have a good chance! I didn't even see the comment that there was a huge wave of pre-II R's on 2/10 last year, but I think considering it's 2/9, it seems they are sticking to a general timeline of when to send out II's vs R's. Good luck :)

looks like even if you avoid getting a pre-II R right now, some R's came in the days after 2/10 last year, and doesn't look like any more IIs went out :(

looks like even if you avoid getting a pre-II R right now, some R's came in the days after 2/10 last year, and doesn't look like any more IIs went out :(
Dang whats the point in not just rejecting everyone without an II at this point.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
+1, and history repeats itself. Hoping it may be different this time around!

• Care
Honestly really sad about this rejection. Thought I had a decent chance for an interview. :( pre-II R today

• Care
Buckle up guys. We are expecting another wave today. Good luck out there, it has been an honor to stand side by side in these trenches with you. May you stand another day.

Reactions: 9 users
Buckle up guys. We are expecting another wave today. Good luck out there, it’s been a pleasure to stand side by side in these trenches with you all. May you all make it to stand another day.
An R wave or a II wave lol?

Do you guys think they're sending out the Pre-II R's based off of completion date?

Pre-II R today. Received the hold email back in October

• Care
It's nice to be part of something. <3 #rushrejectionwave2023

• Care
Still no R, is there any hope lol? IS completed early July and no update

Reactions: 3 users