2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS A received as well! My first MD acceptance so I’m stoked!!!
Congratulations! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current Rush students that wouldn't mind DM'ing me so I can get more information about the your experience and the program?

Hey guys! So I applied to rush and figured out I had to submit a casper score so honestly i forgot about it.

Just now I received an interview invite but idk if it’s a scam lol. Is the virtual interview through something called thalamus?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! So I applied to rush and figured out I had to submit a casper score so honestly i forgot about it.

Just now I received an interview invite but idk if it’s a scam lol. Is the virtual interview through something called thalamus?
If it's a scam they got a lot of us. II just now too. Secondary submitted and complete beginning Oct.

If it's a scam they got a lot of us. II just now too. Secondary submitted and complete beginning Oct.
Oh congrats! May I ask for your stats?
I was complete September and haven’t heard from them. I wonder if that means anything

Did u do the casper?
I did. If haven't done it just sign up ASAP and complete it. Some schools don't use it for II but will use it when reviewing your file after. Unless you have an A to some where else you'd 100% rather go to and not up to doing it.

Oh congrats! May I ask for your stats?
I was complete September and haven’t heard from them. I wonder if that means anything
2.6 uGPA and sGPA, 3.7 SMP, 514, lots of service and Veteran. Soonish date is 1/11 and they hold them Wednesday it looks like.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing stats? I was complete around that too :(
Thank you 😊 I have ~3.5 sGPA, 3.8 post-bacc GPA, and a 50X MCAT score. I will say that I have a couple thousand hours in medical community service and medical/clinical paid employment which probably helped me a lot. I am sending you positive vibes!

Thank you 😊 I have ~3.5 sGPA, 3.8 post-bacc GPA, and a 50X MCAT score. I will say that I have a couple thousand hours in medical community service and medical/clinical paid employment which probably helped me a lot. I am sending you positive vibes!
Thank you! Are you also IS or OOS?

Did you take the Casper? I only ask because it is required, and you had to take it by November 15th according to Rush's website!

Did you take the Casper? I only ask because it is required, and you had to take it by November 15th according to Rush's website!
Nah I didn’t take the casper so I forgot about rush tbh. I guess I’ll just see what happens. I emailed them just waiting on a response

Nah I didn’t take the casper so I forgot about rush tbh. I guess I’ll just see what happens. I emailed them just waiting on a response

Casper is so dumb- I hope they don’t make you sit out because of it. I got a 2 and still got an acceptance, so it’s obviously not weighed heavily in their decision

Sincerely,

A sociopath

• Haha
Yeah I’m not too worried about it! got the A to my top choice already but I’d be destroyed if I didn’t

I’m just weirded out since I thought the casper played a role in II. I guess they use em for acceptances? Med school apps are weird

OOS A at 7:45 PST!! My first one after reapplying. Such a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Yeah I’m not too worried about it! got the A to my top choice already but I’d be destroyed if I didn’t

I’m just weirded out since I thought the casper played a role in II. I guess they use em for acceptances? Med school apps are weird
That would be strange if they used them for acceptances and not II, since students who have finished all the requirements would not be given a chance to interview then?

any recent IIs? It’s been really quiet on this sub

What was the last date available for you?
the date i took was 1/25 and it was the latest with spots open, there were Feb dates on the calendar but idk if they're scheduling that far out since none of the dates had any availability

Reactions: 1 users
the date i took was 1/25 and it was the latest with spots open, there were Feb dates on the calendar but idk if they're scheduling that far out since none of the dates had any availability
Thanks for letting me know. Congrats on the interview, and good luck!

Congrats!!! Would you mind sharing stats and are you IS?

Interviewed 12/14, OOS WL today.

About this time last year people started getting pre-II R. Has anyone gotten one yet? Just curious and anxiously waiting since I haven’t heard anything. complete in mid July and IS.

About this time last year people started getting pre-II R. Has anyone gotten one yet? Just curious and anxiously waiting since I haven’t heard anything. complete in mid July and IS.
+1 , anxiously waiting for my R

im looking at tuition right now- is the enrollment fee included in tuition? or is it tuition + enrollment fee?
Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.09.02 AM.png

R just now. Super bummed about this one, I really did have high hopes for Rush.

• Care
Pre-II, 50X/3.6 and complete beginning of Sep

Next time, try something like "I'm sorry to hear that, mind if I ask what your stats are?" or something along those lines. I think people on these forums often forget that there is an actual human being behind every anonymous screen name and picture, as well as the concept that you CAN indeed be empathetic to others while also worrying about yourself.

• Care
Reactions: 30 users
just got hit with the pre-II R, OOS, LM 68, WARS 79, complete mid/late July. Hope this means a new wave of II for the rest of you! Good luck

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II, 50X/3.6 and complete beginning of Sep

Next time, try something like "I'm sorry to hear that, mind if I ask what your stats are?" or something along those lines. I think people on these forums often forget that there is an actual human being behind every anonymous screen name and picture, as well as the concept that you CAN indeed be empathetic to others while also worrying about yourself.
I'm sorry things didn't work out for you @ Rush. However, I noted you are sitting on two A's...you're going to be a doctor regardless. Congrats on your successes so far.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just here for the drama since I still have no IIs to prep for :)

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users