2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It means we're next bestie

If you don’t mind, could you share the part that is different about the assistance? I guess the email was probably 20k characters again so probably don’t copy the entire email haha. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
If you don’t mind, could you share the part that is different about the assistance? I guess the email was probably 20k characters again so probably don’t copy the entire email haha. Best of luck to you!
HAHAH it definitely was long.. it was basically saying if there was anything they could do to assist us while we make our medical school selection to reach out.... cant select a medical school if im not accepted to one :cryi:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email titled “Upcoming visit date and alternate candidate communication series”. Very interestingly, no mention of that “assistance” paragraph.

Reactions: 3 users
do we have to complete the two minute survey again if we already did it before?

Just got an email titled “Upcoming visit date and alternate candidate communication series”. Very interestingly, no mention of that “assistance” paragraph.
Yeah this is a different one, I also just got it. I wonder if only URM got the one I mentioned this morning...

Has there been any waitlist movement since Wednesday. Trying to be hopeful but worried they might be full

does that mean no more movement?
they just sent an email asking if we're still interested yesterday evening so i'd imagine they're not full. wouldn't see a reason for them to gauge interest from WL candidates if they weren't taking any more

Reactions: 1 users
everyone please stop worrying whether they are “full” or not. this process goes until mid June formally and, I believe until the first day of classes in July. There is time. They will continue to accept candidates as seats become available. Have faith, relax, and use your time constructively. God bless.

edit: first day of classes is in August but I believe in July during orientation, a final email is sent to waitlisted students who will not be admitted for the 2023-2024 school year. Until this time, you may still be admitted, but soft deadline is June 15th “commit to enroll” date. Any corrections to my understanding are welcome.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
i believe it is. but there are like different levels: high honors, honors, pass, fail. so kinda pass/fail but not really?
I read this on their website as well. I wasn't sure whether this just applies to m3/m4, so does anyone know if m1/m2 specifically is P/F? :)

I read this on their website as well. I wasn't sure whether this just applies to m3/m4, so does anyone know if m1/m2 specifically is P/F? :)
https://www.neomed.edu/wp-content/uploads/AY-2022-23-Compass.pdf Go here to page 33 "Class Standing" and it will show you what is on the MSPE which is what's important. Otherwise, it's P/F ish. If you're not in the top 25%, programs will know. If you're in the top 25%, they will know where you're ranked. There is a "gonfolonian" - top of class at commencement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if lectures are mandatory?
I believe so. It's a flipped classroom learning style so you get the assignments to work on beforehand and class attendance is from 8-12 every day and some days longer when there's lab, etc... ~20% of your grade comes from the clicker sessions in class which are not done remotely.

Can those who are interested in this school discuss what they like about it?Why are they choosing this school over others?

Received an acceptance this morning at 9:35 am off the WL! IS, MCAT 51X, GPA: 3.96

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Received acceptance this morning. 3.4 GPA (2.7 at first institution then 3.89 at second institution), 514 MCAT. IA. You can come back from many things in this life if you have faith and use your time well. Time heals all. Anyone who is in similar boat feel free to PM me. Thank you all for your kindness and support on this thread.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Those of you who received As off the WL, what were your poll responses in the communication emails (only MD, or would be willing to look into other programs)?

I got an email that I will be interviewing for the Grad program. Anyone else?

Those of you who received As off the WL, what were your poll responses in the communication emails (only MD, or would be willing to look into other programs)?
Mine were MD and willing to look into other programs as well. When i received my acceptance this morning I actually had already applied for one of the masters program (but hadn't gotten any info on interviewing)

Accepted off the WL this morning (LM 76). Had already applied to masters in health leadership, but got emailed asking if I wanted to withdraw from the early assurance application. So applying to those programs does not hurt you.

Accepted off the WL this morning (LM 76). Had already applied to masters in health leadership, but got emailed asking if I wanted to withdraw from the early assurance application. So applying to those programs does not hurt you.
Same thing here

Is there any NEOMED current students on this thread? Would love to ask some questions about housing and stuff. Thanks!

Is anyone in the Facebook page? Did you get an invite to join? Is there a groupme for accepted students?

Is anyone in the Facebook page? Did you get an invite to join? Is there a groupme for accepted students?
I've been waiting for about three days to get into the FB page, might call admissions to see on Monday because I would like to start meeting other students.

Don't know if there is a groupme, but that would be nice if there is one.

I've been waiting for about three days to get into the FB page, might call admissions to see on Monday because I would like to start meeting other students.

Don't know if there is a groupme, but that would be nice if there is one.
Also waiting to get into the FB group. Don't believe anyone has posted a GroupMe, so I made one if anyone wants to join and start getting to know each other a bit!

Withdrew from the WL! Good luck everyone who is still on it!

Am still on WL and have not heard anything. Is it May 15th or May 30th when the bulk of the WL students are notified of 'admits'?

Am still on WL and have not heard anything. Is it May 15th or May 30th when the bulk of the WL students are notified of 'admits'?
I don’t think admins ever mentioned a specific date. For ex I got off the waitlist on Friday 5/12

I don't think anyone posted the new GroupMe on here, but here's the link for incoming accepted M1s!

A little frustrated. I keep getting emails from the early assurance people even though I have not expressed any interest. I just got a call from Rootstown Ohio and thought that was it. They then proceed to tell me they were calling about the masters program. If they want me that bad just send the A :'( I said they can remove me from that list as Im only interested in matriculation for 2023. Thats it. Thats the rant.

Reactions: 4 users
A little frustrated. I keep getting emails from the early assurance people even though I have not expressed any interest. I just got a call from Rootstown Ohio and thought that was it. They then proceed to tell me they were calling about the masters program. If they want me that bad just send the A :'( I said they can remove me from that list as Im only interested in matriculation for 2023. Thats it. Thats the rant.
I also got this call today🙄 super frustrating!!

• Care
Just withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Was a very difficult decision--but I'm happy to think it will go to a better candidate who is more deserving. Best of luck to everyone in here!

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew from the WL, best of luck to those still on the WL!