2022-2023 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah, that's fair. Does Mercer give feedback if you are rejected? Also, since i did not get an interview by now--safe to assume it's a no go?
If you're in-state and don't come from a rural background I'd say go MCG ED.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If you're in-state and don't come from a rural background I'd say go MCG ED. I was waitlisted MUSM last year, received feedback and actioned on it and looks like I'm back in the same situation this year.

I hedged w/ DO (got into a few programs) and was fortunate to get a few IIs MD (still waiting to hear back), but man it's been rough..
oh no sorry to hear this :( did you apply for ED two years in a row? I don't think my stats are good enough for MCG ED :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y’all! Current Mercer med student here. Just wanted to hop on here to hopefully give y’all a little bit of peace of mind, as I know this is a stressful time. But Mercer is a great school that tends to pick the most passionate students. They are very mission focused when reviewing applications. Yes, they can be a little slow with the application process. For example, I interviewed last year in September and did not receive my acceptance until May. So with that being said, be patient and trust that you will get in… if not at Mercer, somewhere! If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer them

P.s. for those accepted, there are Facebook groups for the Savannah and Columbus campuses (not sure about Macon yet). I would advise you join to learn more about your classmates and get help with finding housing early
I got 509 but no interview from mercer I applied in late Ocotber do you think that would be the reason for no interview?

Late post: Applied early June RD. LM 70. From Rural Georgia. 1st cycle. Accepted before Thanksgiving. Sitting on 4 acceptances. Mercer is my top choice. Selected "Plan to enroll" here on AMCAS. Mission is important to Mercer and for me as well.

Reactions: 2 users
I got 509 but no interview from mercer I applied in late October do you think that would be the reason for no interview?
October is very late in the cycle for primary applications. I can't say that is the reason you didn't get an interview, but late applications tend to be frowned upon.

October is very late in the cycle for primary applications. I can't say that is the reason you didn't get an interview, but late applications tend to be frowned upon.
i did my primary applications early but my secondary was in late october

I applied in October 25th and got an interview early February.Honestly, this thing is like a lottery, and luck I believe.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted last week! Interviewed in January, 50X and 3.92 GPA. Super excited about this school. Has anyone received the packet yet?

Are there any current students who would be willing to chat with me about the Columbus campus?

I got 509 but no interview from mercer I applied in late Ocotber do you think that would be the reason for no interview?

No, that definitely would not be the sole reason for no interview. I will say Mercer looks at the applications holistically. The applicant pool is also pretty competitive, so that plays part as well

Members don't see this ad :)
No, that definitely would not be the sole reason for no interview. I will say Mercer looks at the applications holistically. The applicant pool is also pretty competitive, so that plays part as well
I got an interview last year with less score though

I got an interview last year with less score though
I think scores aren't everything with Mercer- and by competitiveness I think it's more than having the best scores/grades... like how much volunteering you did, how long you have shadowed for, how much of an impact you have had on rural areas, clinical experience etc. etc.

I interviewed in November, and I haven't heard anything since then. Does that mean that a WL is likely going to happen??

I interviewed in November, and I haven't heard anything since then. Does that mean that a WL is likely going to happen??

Yeah I interviewed in October and was wondering the same thing. But I saw someone last year say they interviewed in September and was accepted in March or April

I interviewed in October and didn’t get in until February

Oh okay, thanks guys! That gives me more hope. I really hope to hear back soon. I wonder if there's anything I can do to show my continued interest, instead of just waiting.

Just got the call and got the A. Interviewed 11/8. 505 MCAT, 3.62 cGPA, 3.95 sGPA. ORM. Non-trad with an MBA and 2,000+ clinical hours.

Good luck to everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call and got the A. Interviewed 11/8. 505 MCAT, 3.62 cGPA, 3.95 sGPA. ORM. Non-trad with an MBA and 2,000+ clinical hours.

Good luck to everyone!!
Finally you got the real call.Congrats.

Good luck to everyone!!
Have you gotten an email to pay the deposit? Has your portal changed?

so it seems that we can expect a call at any time this month since the waitlist comes out at the end of the month?

Did anyone get an email today from AMCAS saying you had a recent profile change? I got two of those emails today but didn't do anything to my profile.

I just withdrew my acceptance here. Such a wonderful program, but just not the right choice for me and my family. I hope that my acceptance goes to another one of you amazing people!

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone gotten the welcome email or the acceptance letter after being accepted last week?

Has anyone gotten the welcome email or the acceptance letter after being accepted last week?
I emailed the admissions office about it, and they said the acceptance letter & package will be coming in 7-10 business days from the acceptance email.

Do we think some more calls will be made today?

Reactions: 1 users
Do we think some more calls will be made today?
If the medical school still have any opening seats, this week officially is the week to give what's left available, to fill all seats before waitlist...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many seats are on the waitlist?